Some homemade attys and genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Here is how I make my latest, all for under $5.

Made bushings with this stuff.
109678.jpg

radio antenna for 2-3 mm tubing
Cool. Be very interested to see how the Sculpey holds up to e-liquid and heat. The price is right.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Hi, well right now i use 2 Genesis for 3 days, since i found the right for me.
17mm mesh rolled into 2mm and 3 loops of 0.16mm Kanthal.

E2? well i gave them away, enough said :p the taste of genesis is much much better. i can compare it with nothing other.
The is the best i ever had.

What resistance do you end up w/ 'jens' with that configuration?

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
Wow, just saw these two threads over the weekend. I clearly need to visit the mod forum more often.

Be careful with Sculpey. I know it can give off some fumes when baking, not sure how it would react to heat from the kanthal.

Also, try smooth-on.com for molding and casting supplies. I know they offer some resins that are very durable and food safe.

Also, where is everyone getting their Kanthal?

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
I think Kanthal is in Europe, but you should hopefully be able to use nichrome

some U.S. nichrome sources include MadVapes, Wiretron.com , McMasterCarr

@Weekend, in the big E2 thread, we usually find that the original 510 tubes just don't work as well as the larger reservoirs, also PE plastic juice bottles and syringe tubes might work better.

Last edited:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Ok, but even if it's only a mm. wider (the plastic one), it might not be too bad for a mod in public.
I forgot who it was, but someone made a mod for an ego type of ecig, and I think that by making the cone a little wider it was able to cover a lot of the plastic. I prefer plastic, because you can know exactly what's going on, the level of liquid remaining relative to the mesh, etc. But hopefully you will get the best ones for your application.

____

Kanthal is the wire for the coil [which is wrapped around the SS wire cloth]. (Kanthal in wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanthal )

Nichrome is the easiest to get in the U.S.
Kanthal was invented in Sweden, and it's simply a type of nichrome that has aluminum too.
For nichrome, you can check MadVapes here at ecf, or wiretron.com in California, or...
yes, McMasterCarr. Just be sure to order a thick enough wire that you can work with, I still haven't ordered mine, but others might know a lot more about which gauge to get,

I also need to know how nichrome vs kanthal works on these mods first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread