Something Simpler

Status
Not open for further replies.

v3a0m6o

Feb 24, 2013
Here
Judging by post #9 it sounds like you really do need a simple plug and play. In your situation I'd definitely go for the nautilus (or mini nautilus) and pico. A solid hassle-free vape.

You used to diy but don't have time? Might be worth trying flavourless juice. Once you've done your first batch, you can just literally pen in the lines on your receptacle (eg, your pg line, your vg line and nic line) and just pour it in from then on. Some find flavourless boring, others find out it's the juice they mostly vape because they don't get sick of it (and so not constantly chasing after the next 'best' thing).

Often the question is: are you a cloud chaser or a flavour chaser? In my case it's neither - I'm a nic chaser, I just want my fix and get on with my day.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Power devices;
Eleaf Pico or istick 30, 40 or 60
Innokin coolfire4 tc 75w
Evic VTC mini
YiHi SX mini ML
Of course there are dozens more.

Delivery devices;
Joye ego one tank with CLR heads or Tron, variety of replacement heads & CL-R = re buildable.

Triton mini, nautilus mini or full size, nautilus2 or naut x, Kabuki, Vika fantasy.
Triton mini replacement heads are cross compatible with nautilus & naut 2, kabuki, vika fantasy.
Variety of triton/nautilus heads, the RBA for nautilus is horrid, IMO save your money time & hair, the rba for nautilus is worthless unless you want something to smash with a hammer.
Nautilus x uses different heads.
GS air.

Kangar top tank mini or full size, variety of replacement heads, comes with an easy to use single coil RBA deck.
Kayfun variants, A lot of folks like them, me notsomuch.
Of course there are dozens more.

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    If you want to stop the cigarette cravings you need nicotine & flavor. A huge cloud of low level nicotine is a poor alternative. I started out using 18mg, and still use 12mg.

As far as the money thing, this morning I'm using a mod (Hcigar Caravela) that I paid $5 for two years ago, and an RDA (A7 mini) that cost $7. I'm also using DIY liquid that costs me 6 cents/ml.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I never got into power tanks myself. I use simple low power gear of the sort you appear to be looking for.

Nautilus is good. Decent flavor. Stock heads last a while and they are easy to find. Not the easiest heads to rebuild but I've just started doing that and it's not too hard. You can get a base for $10, a cage tank section for $4, a drip tip for $1, and you are up and running.

Kayfun Lites give lots of flavor but the tight airflow takes getting used to.

If you want to regress even further there's nothing wrong with a good old Pro Tank. The stock heads tend to be junk but they are easy to rebuild, and once you get the hang of that you can get a pretty good vape from a PT. I quit smoking with PT's and I still use them all the time.

Might be worth your while trying that route. It's cheap and you can use whatever mod you already have for those tanks. If it doesn't do it for you it won't have set your bank balance back much.

I'm only familiar with a handful of different gear so there are probably other tanks that would be better for what you need. But honestly, you won't know what's going to work for you without trying stuff out.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Can this discussion be started on another thread please. I'm really trying to find good recommendations to quit smoking and not have the post get off track. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Replicating the act of smoking was enough for me. I never wanted a cloud maker atty. If you want something that satisfies the urge for a cigarette, buy an iStick Pico and a MTL atty and enjoy it. Run the nic level up to something that satisfies and go from there. My quit level was 24mg/ml nic.

I'm now at 3mg and have been there a couple of years. I don't think about smoking and have no urges to smoke again as long as I have my iStick Pico and a Kayfun Lite Plus V2.

If you want to taper off the smokes, try limiting yourself to a couple in the morning and one after each meal and another before bed for a while. One day when you are feeling strong, just don't buy another pack. Vape like a steam machine when you feel the urge.

Whether you are or aren't doing DIY, buy a bottle of AP (Acetyl Pyrazine) from any juice vendor online and add a few drops to a 30ml bottle of tobacco flavored juice and shake it up. It will add some nuttiness and taste similar to tobacco that will make you think you are really smoking a cigarette. It really makes a difference in the satisfaction factor of vaping. Adjust the AP to taste as you experiment.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread