Status
Not open for further replies.

ohnoitsthomas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
United States
www.ohnofiasco.com
Thought I'd start this since I'm new and curious, I would love any feedback. By the way I have been using both 510 IKV 1.8's and Joye 1.5's. I also have a couple different HH 357's in the mail that I am very excited to try.

Here what I think the sounds mean.

#1 Sizzle with a little bubbling: everything is working great, though I do get dry burns that sound this way too.

#2 Sizzle after manual botton is released: Bad taste so I am assuming its low on juice? This also is not always the case, i can taste good sounding like this.

#3 Deep hard to hear gurgle: Flooded? All my atomizers seem to do this after I've added about 2 drops of 100% VG right after hearing sound #2. Then it will continue to taste bad until the sound clears up.

I love the taste when everything is working right but more and more lately its less common, and by the way none of these atty's are more than a week old. Should I just go full blown GG Penelope and stop using these disposable atty's?

By the way here is all the associated gear: Electric Angel telescopic mod, AW 18650 2000mah, AW 18350, Boba's Bounty VG juice, Various PG juices.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Thomas

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I still use disposable atties. They can be a little tricky at times but the longer you use them the better you'll get at figuring out how to get the best performance out of them. All of the atties I've owned, each one is just a little different even if it's the exact same brand and model. Some can handle certain flavors better, some perform better after removing bridge, some are bad leakers (thank god for drip shields.) Some need to be modified in a simple way to ease up the draw. Some do great at 2 drops some at 4. Some need to be blown out more often... and on.

What you're guessing those sounds mean is pretty accurate. The sizzle you hear after letting go of the button usually means the coil's dry. There may be juice in the atty, but for some reason it's not close enough to the coil. That can be remedied by taking a sharp pull through the atty without firing the button. Doing that can also help a flooded atty work well enough to vape through it. I take those sharp pulls now and again as habit since doing that pulls up any juice that may have leaked into the drip shield. Also just removing the bridge has improved the performance for many of my atties, but I usually leave them in until there's an issue.

Since these losing performance after a week I'm curious to what do you do for cleaning if anything? At the very least you should be blowing them out daily, from either end, into a paper towel. IKV atties have a pretty long life if well maintained. Keep the coils wet, avoid dry hits, clean every few days if you want, and dry burn when the coil starts getting caked with carbon.

Any other qs I'll be happy to help, the more detailed the better. Good luck!

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Tommykcleveland

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Cleveland Ohio
What you're guessing those sounds mean is pretty accurate. The sizzle you hear after letting go of the button usually means the coil's dry. There may be juice in the atty, but for some reason it's not close enough to the coil. That can be remedied by taking a sharp pull through the atty without firing the button. Doing that can also help a flooded atty work well enough to vape through it. I take those sharp pulls now and again as habit since doing that pulls up any juice that may have leaked into the drip shield. Also just removing the bridge has improved the performance for many of my atties, but I usually leave them in until there's an issue.
Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
Can you please tell me what you mean by "pull" and also what is a bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread