Sour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dead not sleeping

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Land of Thunder, Upstate NY
I use TFA Sour for fruits over sweeteners. I have experimented with it for about a year now. Its a go-to flavoring on the bench. All the sweeteners are yuk to me, so I tried the sour and never looked back. It brings out the fruits without the yukky sweeteners. Start it at 1% and go from there. You don't really taste it at that low a %, but it does the job. I think that TFA Sour is 20% Malic acid. Their Super Sour I think is 40% Malic acid. So if you are using the Super, then start at .5%.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I love TFA sour, too. I use it all the time; I've got a similar mindset to dead not sleeping with regards to sweet v. sour. One thing I will mention, though, is that TFA sour particularly seems to really be hard on coils when you go too high. All sour flavoring has the potential to be rough as far as I know, since it's mostly malic acid, but TFA's especially. So... yeah, definitely start low, and be aware that pushing it into the 2.5-3% range is when it's likely to start gunking stuff up.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I use Loranns Tart and Sour. Just a small amount will give it that twang. I usually use it like 1 drop per 5 mls or so. Any more and it will cross over into the sour realm.

Sent from my Commadore 64 using Tapatalk
You really need to upgrade to a C128. Much better system.

Reactions: JohnnyDill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread