Status
Not open for further replies.

dredd0606

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Lethbridge, AB Canada
Hi guys,

i just got some stardust v3s today, and while I want to love them, I get a really nasty burnt hit after 3-4 hits. I'm on a Zmax at 3.5v. The burnt taste is like burnt plastic, really nasty and kills the whole experience. It has happened on both the units I've tried so far...any ideas?

:blink:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Depending on the ohms of the stardust, you may be running too hot at 3.5 volts on a zmax, which may actually be higher voltage than the reading. Even at 3.0 volts on the zmax you probably want a 2.6 ohm or higher stardust. Clearos tend to need less power. If you have lower resistance you'll want to use an ego or 3.7 volt device if you have one as a backup. Good luck!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi

If you aren't already, you have to tip/twirl them around periodically to keep the wicks wet. They seem to have a problem with gravity. I also have a tip to keep them from leaking: 1) Don't fill it up all the way; 2) After you fill it, roll up a little piece of paper towel and slid it up the bottom hole. Do that a couple of times, until the paper comes out dry. If, at some point, you tip or twirl it too aggressively, you have to repeat step 2. If all else fails, thank them for lasting longer than a pack of cigarettes and costing less, then kiss them goodbye. ;)

Quoiyaien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Beautiful BC
May I suggest kanger T3, bottom coil clearomizers instead? More capacity, no wicking issues due to bottom coil design, and best of all, no need to swirl/tip while vaping. They also have better flavour (imo) than the stardusts.. I had a vision v3 as well, and it frustrated the hell out of me that I couldnt take more than 2 or 3 vapes without getting a dry hit. I basically had to vape it upside down if I wanted a consistent vape.. which is what lead me to bottom coil clearos.

A lot of stores carry them and they are the same price as stardusts. I just realized that I naturally gravitated to all kanger accessories. I use horizontal coil cartos, Kanger T3 clearos, and Kanger M3 clearos on my 510's. I have found the vape from kanger products to be perfect for me. They are pretty consistent from piece to peice, and you can replace the coil heads for the T3's. (the T2's are a top coil design)

:vapor:

dredd0606

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Lethbridge, AB Canada
May I suggest kanger T3, bottom coil clearomizers instead? More capacity, no wicking issues due to bottom coil design, and best of all, no need to swirl/tip while vaping. They also have better flavour (imo) than the stardusts.. I had a vision v3 as well, and it frustrated the hell out of me that I couldnt take more than 2 or 3 vapes without getting a dry hit. I basically had to vape it upside down if I wanted a consistent vape.. which is what lead me to bottom coil clearos.

A lot of stores carry them and they are the same price as stardusts. I just realized that I naturally gravitated to all kanger accessories. I use horizontal coil cartos, Kanger T3 clearos, and Kanger M3 clearos on my 510's. I have found the vape from kanger products to be perfect for me. They are pretty consistent from piece to peice, and you can replace the coil heads for the T3's. (the T2's are a top coil design)

:vapor:

I actually have 5 T3s on order from CanVape...should be here on Tuesday. You are right about vaping upside down! If I hold it horizontal, I can vape for longer than vertical, but I still get a dry hit after about 3-4 longer hits...I just hope all this crap goes away when I get my Genesis style atty.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Thanks man! I think I'll just kiss these two goodbye and load up another two...I can't wait for my vivi Novas to get here!

I've found that I have to tip the vivi novas sometimes too, they have the same kind of wicking system. That Kanger T3 sounds interesting, I'm going to check into that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread