Still crave a cig when i drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I don't know why but vaping doesn't cut it when i drink. I love my jim beam when i am off work. It relaxes me and i just enjoy it on my weekends off. I deal with alot of stress at work as i am in the medical field and work for a gastroenterologist office. I am a doctor's assistant and i deal with soo much stuff, including surgery back logs to translate. I have to tell patients whether they have cancer or not and read biopsy reports. It's incredibly stressful when i have to give bad news, it's me calling the patient with bad news. It's me who sets up a referral to a oncologist. I have to make sure their insurance will be covered by who i refer them to. It's me all the patients turn to when meds don't work out and it's me who calls in their prescriptions to fix it. I have to get it right with no mistakes as it's me who generally ask for doctor approval for what i think will work best for them..yeah i know what??but you guys don't know who really works behind the scenes when the doctor is most days performing surgery and busy. Just a taste of what i deal with. But drinking just makes me crave a cig still to this day. Anyone else deal with this? tips..suggestions? Please don't tell me to give up my jim beam. It's the one escape that keeps me sane on weekends after working all week. I almost gave in the other day when i had more patients then normal to call with bad news. In spite of all i have to deal with all week i have to be a counselor to these patients when i give them bad news, plus be a single parent on top of it to teenagers who still have not accepted their dad's death, something i still grieve. Maybe i just haven't found the right flavor to compliment what i drink..anyone drink jim beam and found a flavor that goes well with it. I am a trebeca person, don't like fruity flavors. Makes my mouth taste like cotton candy before i finish the tank and that gets old real fast for my taste buds.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
No stress there/sarc

Don't chastise yourself. I used cigarettes for a long time while vaping. My secret was to count the number of cigarettes not smoked in a week and ignored the the ones smoked. One day, and I have no idea when, I quit smoking by vaping several years ago. But I did not beat myself up nor did I label myself a failure, I focused upon the incremental success which one day became complete success. Give yourself a break, you have burdens in life, don't add to them, focus on small victories; the big ones will come.

I don't know why but vaping doesn't cut it when i drink. I love my jim beam when i am off work. It relaxes me and i just enjoy it on my weekends off. I deal with alot of stress at work as i am in the medical field and work for a gastroenterologist office. I am a doctor's assistant and i deal with soo much stuff, including surgery back logs to translate. I have to tell patients whether they have cancer or not and read biopsy reports. It's incredibly stressful when i have to give bad news, it's me calling the patient with bad news. It's me who sets up a referral to a oncologist. I have to make sure their insurance will be covered by who i refer them to. It's me all the patients turn to when meds don't work out and it's me who calls in their prescriptions to fix it. I have to get it right with no mistakes as it's me who generally ask for doctor approval for what i think will work best for them..yeah i know what??but you guys don't know who really works behind the scenes when the doctor is most days performing surgery and busy. Just a taste of what i deal with. But drinking just makes me crave a cig still to this day. Anyone else deal with this? tips..suggestions? Please don't tell me to give up my jim beam. It's the one escape that keeps me sane on weekends after working all week. I almost gave in the other day when i had more patients then normal to call with bad news. In spite of all i have to deal with all week i have to be a counselor to these patients when i give them bad news, plus be a single parent on top of it to teenagers who still have not accepted their dad's death, something i still grieve. Maybe i just haven't found the right flavor to compliment what i drink..anyone drink jim beam and found a flavor that goes well with it. I am a trebeca person, don't like fruity flavors. Makes my mouth taste like cotton candy before i finish the tank and that gets old real fast for my taste buds.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The only reason I still vape is because I drink.
I almost never vape anymore unless I am drinking.

If I stopped vaping, I would go back to smoking when I drink.
Because I would HAVE to.

Anyone else deal with this? tips..suggestions?
1) Up your nicotine level when you drink
2) Find a zero hassle vaping setup that you can count on 100% of the time
3) Try out some rich tobacco flavors for when you drink

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Whoa, DeAnna, that is seriously stressful. Big ups to you that you can do it all ... I know I sure couldn't.

For something to go with your JB, Five Pawns Castle Long is pricey, but goes well with whiskey (to me, anyway). RY4s might be just the ticket, too. I don't have a particular one to recommend because I DIY, but folks here probably have some opinions. :p

Hang in there, you're doing just great.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
You didn't tell us what your setup is or what nicotine strength you vape. I would suggest what DC2 did, up the nicotine when you drink. Have a bottle of higher strength nicotine juice handy. Try some tobacco flavors. Try NET tobaccos...that might get you there. Have vape device that gives you a good throat punch.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Whoa, DeAnna, that is seriously stressful. Big ups to you that you can do it all ... I know I sure couldn't.

For something to go with your JB, Five Pawns Castle Long is pricey, but goes well with whiskey (to me, anyway). RY4s might be just the ticket, too. I don't have a particular one to recommend because I DIY, but folks here probably have some opinions. :p

Oh god i haven't even started to tell you how stressful my job is and the responsibilities i over see. I think doctors should be way more involved but they don't even check the patients medical records, it's me! i feel like a doctor but just don't get paid for it.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana

I won't lie i get paid very well for what i do, but it's stressful

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I did but i don't want to go back to smoking. Trying to find a way around it.

You aren't going back to smoking, you are succeeding - just not as fast as you might like nor in every situation you may like, little by little. Give yourself a break.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Try some NET Tobacco (Naturally Extracted Tobacco) juices.

I was just going to say you need to find a Tobacco Blend for when your drinking. Nothing goes better with a glass of wine than a Fruity Tobacco for me but nothing beats the plain Tobacco, I have never tried the WTA or NET e-Liquids because it is so many years since I quit but I have some strong Tobacco e-Liquids.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
My hat is off to you. I don't have the stressful job you have, however, I do know the stress and grief of losing a spouse. I'm a firm believer in the KISS Method. I keep a higher Nic level bottle of unflavored juice for when I am dealing with friend and family visits. I'm able to stealth vape without the lingering fruity odor. In your case, I believe an unflavored juice would not detract from your beverage of choice and a higher Nic level may be just what you need to replace the cigs.
Jerry

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I would say get some higher nic juice for when your drinking. I DIY so when I drink I do tend to grab my bottle of juice with a stronger nic level that the 4mg I usually vape on. I know I just got off work and posted what like like to vape on when I'm having a drink of Fireball Whisky straight with a side of Sprite. When I drink I do tend to reach for my higher strength nic juice. Maybe that will help when you tipping the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Higher NIC or Chain vaping with a Sub Ohm tank achieves the same result!

I know I don't like chain vaping when I'm home just simply cause cause the wife hates it when she walks in a room and it looks like a room full of ...heads have been sparking up so I tend to grab my bottle of DIY with a higher nic level, that way I don't fog up the living roomier bedroom which ever I'm in at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread