Status
Not open for further replies.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I just spent the last night drinking up a storm at the company holiday party. It was a real blast, I had a great time, but most importantly, even when I was absolutely hammered, I had NO DESIRE to smoke a cigarette! I even went outside with everyone else, stood there vaping while they smoked, and STILL had no desire to smoke. No cravings, no bumming a smoke, no dying inside ... It was AWESOME! Waking up hung-over, head pounding, stomach upset, shaky and trembling, no appetite ... not so awesome ... BUT still not wanting a smoke!

I went loaded for bear, expecting to feel like I was dying without a smoke. I took 3 mods, spare batteries, 3 full tanks, 4 extra bottles of juice, and 2 boxes of spare coils. I was definitely prepared for the worst, but strong and steadfast in my resolve. Drinking has always been the hardest part for me. Not that I drink a lot, it's maybe two or three times a year I drink more than 2 beers (last night was one of them), but I have always had a MAJOR craving for a smoke when I drink (even with one beer), especially when I drink a lot. Not this time, looks like I am over the last hurdle (at least until life throws me a curveball that I didn't see coming).

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked and just wanted to share the excitement with everyone here!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
thumbsup.gif

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Good for you mate. That was my biggest worry too when I first started vaping. I knew there would come a time when I had a few beers too many and I couldn't imagine drinking without smoking. The first time I stood outside a bar vaping with the smokers I was amazed how it didn't bother me at all. If someone had offered me a cig I would have said no thanks I don't smoke and went back to my vape.

Congrats on a major hurdle overcome and taken in your stride to boot.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Good for you mate. That was my biggest worry too when I first started vaping. I knew there would come a time when I had a few beers too many and I couldn't imagine drinking without smoking. The first time I stood outside a bar vaping with the smokers I was amazed how it didn't bother me at all. If someone had offered me a cig I would have said no thanks I don't smoke and went back to my vape.

Congrats on a major hurdle overcome and taken in your stride to boot.

Thanks SS! I have had very few problems turning down smokes since I started vaping, EXCEPT when I was drinking. Last night I turned them down 3 or 4 times, the old smoking buddies were absolutely amazed!

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Nice! Now, where the heck did you out all that stuff???

LOL ... I had the Sigelei and the eVic on 18350 tubes in my jacket pocket, the VTR in my pants pocket, the juice and spare 18650 tubes and batteries in various other pockets. I had to spread it around to keep "balanced" ... Oh, and I had 2 fall back iTaste VVs in the hotel room, just in case ... ;)

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Congrats! I was in a wedding yesterday and drank quite a bit at the reception and didn't have any urge to smoke either. I also went outside with the smokers and was perfectly content vaping with my new favorite PV, my MVP2.0 I just got friday. I also had a friend that that vapes as well so that does kind of help.
I play darts every Tuesday night in a bar league and haven't smoked while doing that either, for 8 weeks now. It's nice not having to go outside in the cold to smoke.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

AR15Keith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
LOL ... I had the Sigelei and the eVic on 18350 tubes in my jacket pocket, the VTR in my pants pocket, the juice and spare 18650 tubes and batteries in various other pockets. I had to spread it around to keep "balanced" ... Oh, and I had 2 fall back iTaste VVs in the hotel room, just in case ... ;)

Are you like the Batman of vaping?

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
I just spent the last night drinking up a storm at the company holiday party. It was a real blast, I had a great time, but most importantly, even when I was absolutely hammered, I had NO DESIRE to smoke a cigarette! I even went outside with everyone else, stood there vaping while they smoked, and STILL had no desire to smoke. No cravings, no bumming a smoke, no dying inside ... It was AWESOME! Waking up hung-over, head pounding, stomach upset, shaky and trembling, no appetite ... not so awesome ... BUT still not wanting a smoke!

I went loaded for bear, expecting to feel like I was dying without a smoke. I took 3 mods, spare batteries, 3 full tanks, 4 extra bottles of juice, and 2 boxes of spare coils. I was definitely prepared for the worst, but strong and steadfast in my resolve. Drinking has always been the hardest part for me. Not that I drink a lot, it's maybe two or three times a year I drink more than 2 beers (last night was one of them), but I have always had a MAJOR craving for a smoke when I drink (even with one beer), especially when I drink a lot. Not this time, looks like I am over the last hurdle (at least until life throws me a curveball that I didn't see coming).

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked and just wanted to share the excitement with everyone here!
I had a very similar turning point! Alcohol and many cigarette smokers. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread