Super Sub Ohm Reo Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
Lowest I've ever built was a .14 ohm double parallel coil in my rm5, was 4 wraps around 5/64 bit of 24g kanthal. Very hot vape, big clouds and very good flavor. Air holes wide open in rda. I also built dual stove top coils in my rm5 and those came out to .16 ohms total. Used 24g as well and had 5 wraps per coil. Started the first wrap around a 1/16 bit the rest of the wraps wrapped over each other then I bent the legs 90 degrees to mount through post holes. Air wide open and it's honestly the hottest vape I've ever had. The coils drank juice and killed VTC5 batteries. Didn't keep the coils in that long, but it had really good vapor and flavor production.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
For the past 3 months i have developed a strong liking to regulated sqounking. My poor reo has been dying on a shelf in the spare bedroom (my build lair :) ) for the reason of an evolution in my vaping style. I have been using a dna40 sunbox e7 and have been in a land of blissful vaping. My reo took a backseat because of the spoils i found in super fast ramp time on a regulated mod (in comparison). I tried all sorts of cleaning and wire combos and it just wasnt the same anymore....until now. Again i love my reo! I built a .21 ohm single chain coil and slapped it in my rm7 for ....s and giggles. Boom flavor, clouds and speed of ramptime right back where i want it! (Yes im using 30 amps). Very happy to know also single coils work fantastic in a rm7! How low do you go on your reo?!
.3 to .4. Anything less and your spring will heat up- not a good thing.

I have vaped semi pancaked springs plenty....not a good thing.

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
One time I tried un pancaking the spring after it collapsed, no Bueno. I had to much pressure and was making contact for a long enough to time to feel the atty get super hot, like untouchable. Never tried that nonsense again. Lucky battery didn't vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TraceyS

Squonkysquonkster

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
usa
Many refer to it as a hunk o crapola as well...just sayin...
My e7 is spectacular, would love to see a post where anyone calls it crap. and my reo is still running .21 without a single problem with the spring. Some ppl just cant build right evidently. And some ppl just love to troll

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
My e7 is spectacular, would love to see a post where anyone calls it crap. and my reo is still running .21 without a single problem with the spring. Some ppl just cant build right evidently. And some ppl just love to troll
I own one. Compared to the real McCoy it feels like a cheap knock off imitation light up play toy. Different strokes bruh. No biggie.

Reactions: TraceyS

Squonkysquonkster

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
usa
.21 staged heating twisted 26 gauge and 26/32 Clapton :) rippin harrrd tonight! Jack Daniel's and a hot dense vase makes for a great Thursday!:evil:

Attachments

• 20150827_000353-1.jpg
    20150827_000353-1.jpg
    886.6 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: camerajunkie

Squonkysquonkster

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
usa
Thank you! It is an artform as much as a hobby for me to build beautiful coils. White eraser, like a pencil eraser, for cleaning gold contact and isopropyl alcohol and a qtip. NO-alox for anti arcing, I don't short because I am careful and have been building for years, and I only use vct 5 30 amp batteries.

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
Your welcome! So I was noaloxing every battery swap. Keep batteries on me with noalox on em. Trying deoxit gold now. Cleaning once a week on 2 of them.

Can't decide on which I like more. Literally just started using deoxit gold. Been running the whole night double checking with the door off on every fire. Will run just deoxit for a week or two on the positive contacts. Running noalox right now underneath the negative spring.

Where is your vtc5 source?

Squonkysquonkster

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
usa
Your welcome! So I was noaloxing every battery swap. Keep batteries on me with noalox on em. Trying deoxit gold now. Cleaning once a week on 2 of them.

Can't decide on which I like more. Literally just started using deoxit gold. Been running the whole night double checking with the door off on every fire. Will run just deoxit for a week or two on the positive contacts. Running noalox right now underneath the negative spring.

I will try deoxit when I run out of no-alox, I have enough for years lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread