Switching nic levels. How often do you do it and is it a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
6 - ADV
12 - When Dripping
24 - When Drinking

Its pretty cut and dry for me. I'm menthol primarily, so that takes care of the TH of my ADV. 12mgs just seems to drip better than the 6 and since dripping is a slower process its basically the same amount of nic. If I don't have 24 when I drink I end up pan handling for stinkies.

Last edited:

riseabovethestorm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Grayling, MI, USA
www.kalkaskamma.com
24 - When Drinking
If I don't have 24 when I drink I end up pan handling for stinkies.

Amen to that. That's the only time that I even REMOTELY start craving an analog. I also make sure that I have at least one spare, filled cartridge ready to rock, otherwise I get into big trouble.

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I thought after going from 24 all the way down to 6 that I wouldn't have nic fits as strong. I was wrong. I crave that 6 just as much as I craved that 24. I went into it hoping for a mood change as I'm a horrible person to be around when I'm craving nicotine and that can make work difficult.

Now "yay for me that I'm down to 6 and all that" but I'm never further than arm's reach from some kind of vape.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
I still think you are doing very very well, and we all know how much there is to learn when it comes to vaping. I really would try a 50/50 mix of two of your same flavors (the 24 and the 18) and give yourself another nic level to try out.

Interestingly enuf, many people call it an addiction. The need for nicotine is a dependence, not an addiction.

Thank you and AMEN! :thumbs:

From my experience in the German vapers forum, lowering the nicotine too quickly is the biggest mistake new vapers can make. And the fastest road back to tobacco cigarettes.

I have seen it time and again. E.g a 2 PAD smoker, coming into the vapers forum, happily writing that he / she bought a starter set two weeks ago and has now already reduced the nicotine from 18 mg to 6 mg and is aiming for 0 mg in one more week, with the target to stop it all after 2 more weeks. - Yeah... sure. And cows can fly....

All the experienced vapers say "Take it slowly! Do not cut back too fast! Your target now is to get off tobacco cigarettes! The nicotine is the least harmful substance in tobacco smoke! Take it slowly! Please!"

Mostly, the person does not listen. And if the person does not listen, one of 2 things will happen. Every time.
1. the person disappears from the forum completely, after the initial 1 or 2 exuberant postings. - - And why does that mean, in all probability? You think somebody who proved all the experienced vapers wrong would not return to crow? ;)
2. the person disappears from the forum and shows up again, after six months or one year. Saying "I want to make another start with vaping. You were right. I went back to tobacco. And now I want to make a new start."

Let me repeat again, what every experienced vaper "preaches" in the German vapers forum:
The nicotine is the least harmful substance in tobacco smoke.
Nicotine as such (without the harmful substances in tobacco smoke) is about as "dangerous" as caffeine.

Nicotine is not the enemy.
Instead, inhaling nicotine through vaping is greatly helpful in kicking the habit of inhaling the harmful and poisonous cigarette smoke.

And lately, it has been found that nicotine can indeed have beneficial effects. And that heavy users of nicotine use the nicotine for a purpose.
In this connection, this article is a great read:
Looking for the next breakthrough in tobacco control and health

Especially those who are convinced that nicotine is a completely useless, harmful substance (which is just not true) are encouraged to read the above article.

And I have something nice for those who are so concerned about "being addicted":
Does ANYONE have a valid definition of “addiction”? | Anti-THR Lies and related topics

tl;dr:
@Silent Scream:
You are doing great! Mixing the 24 ml with the 18 ml may be a good idea to find a strength that is just perfect for you.
And nicotine is not the enemy. Please read up for yourself, and please do not make the mistake of trusting one who is warning you about oh-so-horrible dangers because he "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend whose mother read it in the National Enquirer" :) Trust your own body as to what your body requires, and trust your own eyes when evaluating sources of information.
You are doing great! :)

edit:
@BradleyNIN:
please read this article carefully. It may be a real eye-opener. It most certainly was for me :)

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thank you and AMEN! :thumbs:

From my experience in the German vapers forum, lowering the nicotine too quickly is the biggest mistake new vapers can make. And the fastest road back to tobacco cigarettes.

I have seen it time and again. E.g a 2 PAD smoker, coming into the vapers forum, happily writing that he / she bought a starter set two weeks ago and has now already reduced the nicotine from 18 mg to 6 mg and is aiming for 0 mg in one more week, with the target to stop it all after 2 more weeks. - Yeah... sure. And cows can fly....

All the experienced vapers say "Take it slowly! Do not cut back too fast! Your target now is to get off tobacco cigarettes! The nicotine is the least harmful substance in tobacco smoke! Take it slowly! Please!"

Mostly, the person does not listen. And if the person does not listen, one of 2 things will happen. Every time.
1. the person disappears from the forum completely, after the initial 1 or 2 exuberant postings. - - And why does that mean, in all probability? You think somebody who proved all the experienced vapers wrong would not return to crow? ;)
2. the person disappears from the forum and shows up again, after six months or one year. Saying "I want to make another start with vaping. You were right. I went back to tobacco. And now I want to make a new start."

Let me repeat again, what every experienced vaper "preaches" in the German vapers forum:
The nicotine is the least harmful substance in tobacco smoke.
Nicotine as such (without the harmful substances in tobacco smoke) is about as "dangerous" as caffeine.

Nicotine is not the enemy.
Instead, inhaling nicotine through vaping is greatly helpful in kicking the habit of inhaling the harmful and poisonous cigarette smoke.

And lately, it has been found that nicotine can indeed have beneficial effects. And that heavy users of nicotine use the nicotine for a purpose.
In this connection, this article is a great read:

Especially those who are convinced that nicotine is a completely useless, harmful substance (which is just not true) are encouraged to read the above article.

And I have something nice for those who are so concerned about "being addicted":
Does ANYONE have a valid definition of “addiction”? | Anti-THR Lies and related topics

tl;dr:
@Silent Scream:
You are doing great! Mixing the 24 ml with the 18 ml may be a good idea to find a strength that is just perfect for you.
And nicotine is not the enemy. Please read up for yourself, and please do not make the mistake of trusting one who is warning you about oh-so-horrible dangers because he "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend whose mother read it in the National Enquirer" :) Trust your own body as to what your body requires, and trust your own eyes when evaluating sources of information.
You are doing great! :)

edit:
@BradleyNIN:
please read this article carefully. It may be a real eye-opener. It most certainly was for me :)

Excellent post Anjaffm! Good information for everyone to read.

This is also a "must see". This video puts it to bed once and for all that we are NOT addicts.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
@Katdarling:

Thank you very much for the lovely compliment! :wub:

And thank you very much for the great video! :thumbs:
Wow, Fr. Jack Kearney teaches addiction studies at a university, among other things.
Now, I should say that this man knows what he is talking about!
source

[OT]
To me, being called an "addict" pushes the same buttons as being called a very nasty four-letter word that is used by vulgar people as the ultimate insult to a woman. As both words are generally used as a synonym for "worthless piece of trash". And if anybody asks why I feel this way, they may wish to read the nasty comments by hate-filled fanatics on any unbiased newspaper article on vaping as a valid method of tobacco harm reduction. I have read enough of those. Enough to last me a lifetime....
[/OT]

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Anja, Kat and everyone else thanks for the great support on this thread. Us newbs need a bit of reassurance now and again :)

I hate posts like the one from the guy trying to tell us nicotine is evil and we're all going to die. I don't know what he was hoping to achieve other than to depress people who are guilty only of trying to improve their quality of life by walking away from cigarettes which, let's face it, was never going to be easy but thanks to vaping most of us are hopefully going to make it.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
My pleasure, Silent Scream :)
I received so much help and encouragement in my home forum when I took up vaping. And I love to pass some of that on, now that I am able to give the help. :)

And yes, I fully agree: posting not nice, discouraging (and outright untrue) things in a vapers forum is just not nice.
My way is to encourage people, not to discourage them, when they are doing a good thing.

Like I said: trust your own body, trust your own eyes and your own mind when you read something, check up on links given, read for yourself, make up your own mind. If you wish, get familiar with the concept of Tobacco Harm Reduction. And you will never believe .. untruths.. again.

You are doing great, dear! Keep on vaping :thumbs:

/edit:
If you are interested in Tobacco Harm Reduction (THR) and in the ... uhm... not very nice.. actions and alleged "arguments" of the ANTZ (the "quit or die" people) - and who is paying them to say that and why - , you may wish to start with Michael Siegel . That will most certainly assist you in immediately distinguishing truth from horse manure. :)

Last edited:

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
edit:
@BradleyNIN:
Looking for the next breakthrough in tobacco control and health[/QUOTE]

Great Read.

A new point came up yesterday when someone asked me if I'd ever stop vaping. In my work, it pays to be in the know and one can learn a lot by being part of the smoking circle. People arrive angry to a smoking circle, they vent and tell things they shouldn't, they get happy and go back in to work. Vaping still lets me take smoke breaks.

I think its a bonding experience when any group partakes of a substance together. Nicotine has its place in societal circles.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
When I decided to vape..I did not even know it contained nicotine...I just wanted the smoking sensation...but nicotine is a GREAT by product..I am at 24 mg...cause I smoked about 2-3 PAD

2-3 packs a day is serious stuff. Having said that I have been vaping 24mg a lot while I wait for the 18's to arrive and the one 18 I have isn't cutting it for me. I'm going to stick to 24mg for a week or two I don't want any lapses. The 24mg liquids feel really rich and satisfying to me at the moment and I'm not going through 3 mls a day, probably 2 at most so hopefully I'm not overdoing the nicotine.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
2-3 packs a day is serious stuff. Having said that I have been vaping 24mg a lot while I wait for the 18's to arrive and the one 18 I have isn't cutting it for me. I'm going to stick to 24mg for a week or two I don't want any lapses. The 24mg liquids feel really rich and satisfying to me at the moment and I'm not going through 3 mls a day, probably 2 at most so hopefully I'm not overdoing the nicotine.

Silent, you might want to do a bit of reading on some of the more current info on nicotine... (perhaps refer back to Anjaffm's posts). I get the feeling you are pretty nervous about using it, but I'm really not sure why...

I know for me, when I was a beginning vaper, I had no CLUE about nicotine. I actually thought the cigarette was simply nicotine (ergo harmful)... much like many of our non-smoking, antz friends.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Silent, you might want to do a bit of reading on some of the more current info on nicotine... (perhaps refer back to Anjaffm's posts). I get the feeling you are pretty nervous about using it, but I'm really not sure why...

I know for me, when I was a beginning vaper, I had no CLUE about nicotine. I actually thought the cigarette was simply nicotine (ergo harmful)... much like many of our non-smoking, antz friends.

It's hard to explain. 24mg is a lot more than most e cig users are taking and I can really feel the 'hit' when I'm vaping at that level but 18mg doesn't do that to me but also doesn't satisfy me.

I know it's probably nothing to worry about. I see it as someone drinking very strong beer when they're used to normal beer. No wait, that's a crap analogy. I just don't like being on heavy nic liquid it's a psychological thing but I'll get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread