Tasty Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2010
New York
Well, I have been a long time e-cig owner and have been browsing these forums for a long time. However I have kept judgement to own experiences, as everyones (i found) is different.

I am a long term business owner in the UK, and now the US... and I have to say that the business acumen from this company is pretty bad.

Within my company, if i get anyone contacting me as a first time customer and prospective long term customer I treat them with the utmost care and attention as prospective customers.

I contacted Tasty Vapor and told them I was an E-Cig forum member and a long time e-cigarette user. I told them that a I wanted to order a certain flavor for my first time purchase and would be very happy, and a loyal customer if they could give me that purchase at the discounted 'Friday Special' price.

As a first time customer and potential long term customer, i would honor that and go ahead....

Well what I was greeted with was completely different..

Firstly I was given (on live support) Someone that had a completely different name compared to what the site name was displaying... then she told me basically that even as an e-cig member and potential customer... they were not prepared for that one offer introductory offer.

I then followed up with a phone call, to 'Jeff' who i believe is the owner of Tasty Vapor.

I explained to him the situation and he actually seemed quite hostile towards me... which i was very discussed with.

At the end of the day, I would have been quite happy ordering my first Tasty Vapor at a slightly discounted price for the first order, as they do not sell lower ML bottles..

and I probably would have been a loyal customer to them. However from the reception I received from 'Jeff', his wife and as a business point of view.. I will not be ordering from this company.

Just my point of view as a business man.

Last edited:

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
Just curious, when you go into a store for the first time, do you ask for, and receive, a discount as a first time shopper? It's never entered my mind to ask for a discount because it was the first time I've bought from someone.

Just in case you change your mind, (which it doesn't sound like you will) Tasty Vapors liquids are some of the very best I've tried. You're cutting your nose off to spite your face by refusing to buy from them.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
So you called a vendor and asked for a 'discount' because you've never purchased from them before?

And then you thought it was rude that they declined?

And then you created a thread with a big red 'thumbs down'?

If you went to a gas station you'd never been in before, would you actually go inside and ask for a discount because you were new to them?

When you go to get a haircut and you see a new stylist would you ask for a discount because you were new.

Do grocery stores in your town offer 'introductory prices' for new customers?

Some people think the world owes them a living. Sounds like you're one of them.

I think you've got a lot of nerve.

Personally, I think a mod should delete this thread ~ There are some people who will see that heading and not bother to read further. They'll just mentally tag Tasty Vapor as having poor customer service.

You really should get some perspective and be responsible for the effect your words can have on others.

New customer or not, no one owes you anything.

Leezon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2010
New York
to Upinthehills - Maybe it's an English man thing, but yes.. I will generally do that.

One thing that actually really put me off is that Jeff 'the owner' told me that the Banana Nutt Bread that I wanted to order, wouldnt really give me much of a throat hit..

I currently buy all my juices from WordUpEcig and every juice I have had from them, dripped, gives me a great throat hit

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Well, I have been a long time e-cig owner and have been browsing these forums for a long time. However I have kept judgement to own experiences, as everyones (i found) is different.

I am a long term business owner in the UK, and now the US... and I have to say that the business acumen from this company is pretty bad.

Within my company, if i get anyone contacting me as a first time customer and prospective long term customer I treat them with the utmost care and attention as prospective customers.

I contacted Tasty Vapor and told them I was an E-Cig forum member and a long time e-cigarette user. I told them that a I wanted to order a certain flavor for my first time purchase and would be very happy, and a loyal customer if they could give me that purchase at the discounted 'Friday Special' price.

As a first time customer and potential long term customer, i would honor that and go ahead....

Well what I was greeted with was completely different..

Firstly I was given (on live support) Someone that had a completely different name compared to what the site name was displaying... then she told me basically that even as an e-cig member and potential customer... they were not prepared for that one offer introductory offer.

I then followed up with a phone call, to 'Jeff' who i believe is the owner of Tasty Vapor.

I explained to him the situation and he actually seemed quite hostile towards me... which i was very discussed with.

At the end of the day, I would have been quite happy ordering my first Tasty Vapor at a slightly discounted price for the first order, as they do not sell lower ML bottles..

and I probably would have been a loyal customer to them. However from the reception I received from 'Jeff', his wife and as a business point of view.. I will not be ordering from this company.

Just my point of view as a business man.

One more thing: You interrupted a the owner of a very busy business and apparently explained to them how you were so special they should accommodate you, even after you'd already been told 'no' by someone at the company, and you call their response 'hostile'?

I call your request rude.

Wow, it's been a long time since something I read in a thread made me this mad.

What exactly did you sell during your tenure as a successful businessman?

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
One thing that actually really put me off is that Jeff 'the owner' told me that the Banana Nutt Bread that I wanted to order, wouldnt really give me much of a throat hit..

So, it put you off that he told you the truth? So that you wouldn't be dissatisfied if indeed you placed an order? Which you never have before?

It would make more sense to me for a vendor to give discounts to his repeat customers than to someone he's never done business with before.

VRubin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2010
Illinois
So, it put you off that he told you the truth? So that you wouldn't be dissatisfied if indeed you placed an order? Which you never have before?

It would make more sense to me for a vendor to give discounts to his repeat customers than to someone he's never done business with before.
You beat me to it, lol :laugh:

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
to Upinthehills - Maybe it's an English man thing, but yes.. I will generally do that.

How well does that go over in NYC? I'm trying to see this as a cultural difference, but since you're in New York, I'm struggling with seeing this as being a commonly accepted practice. I could be wrong, though.

Ghetto_Cowgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Wow jumping in on this one too, that is just...STUPID...I can't think of any other word for it. I put in a rather large order, I expected NO discount, I didn't receive one, yet I couldn't be happier with my order(s). I didn't receive one on my first order either, why the hell would you?? His juices are second to none, his telling you a certain flavor won't give the throat hit you want is SAVING you money, you won't order something you won't like.

I'd have been more than hostile if you had of called me, when I am extremely busy, to ask for a discount. Like you are the most important out of the thousands of other customers he has and should receive a discount...

Oooo...hit a nerve here :mad:

Leezon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2010
New York
Thank you CJsKee, the people that have replied to this tread obviously aren't or haven't been successful business owners.

If you ask for a discount some where (which you always should, but most don't have the balls too) then 60% out of the time you will get that discount, and thats what you should all take on board... no matter whether it is Macys or Tasy Vapor.. if you don't ask... you don't get..

I'm not talking about Jeff telling me about the flavor I asked for ( that was after ) (That was a good point)

As soon soon i asked for the discount his tone changed, and it sounded like if we were in person we would be exchanging 'evil eyes' and no matter what business around the world you own.. that is not good business practice!

A simple, "I accept your request, but I am sorry the system won't allow it" would have been fine....

Not what I was presented with from 'Jeff' and as it has already been explained, this is not un-common

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
Do grocery stores in your town offer 'introductory prices' for new customers?

Some people think the world owes them a living. Sounds like you're one of them.

I think you've got a lot of nerve.

Personally, I think a mod should delete this thread ~ There are some people who will see that heading and not bother to read further. They'll just mentally tag Tasty Vapor as having poor customer service.

You really should get some perspective and be responsible for the effect your words can have on others.

New customer or not, no one owes you anything

This sums up my feelings quite well. I'm certainly for the expression of all points of view, but this person's judgement isn't based on a valid point of view in this case. Geoff and Ramilya, in my and many others heres experience, provide some of the best customer service in the industry, bar none. When I started up, they personally helped me find flavors i would really like, offered mix advice, etc.

I always felt like I was getting special treatment from them anyhow, they're really nice people. I just didn't expect something that no one else gets when they have weekly discounted specials that everyone gets, new customer or not.

They make their policies very clear and, I believe, are one of the most well-regarded suppliers on this forum. I don't believe you'll find many people here will emphasize with your decision. This thread should probably be deleted.

Leezon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2010
New York
I always felt like I was getting special treatment from them anyhow, they're really nice people. I just didn't expect something that no one else gets when they have weekly discounted specials that everyone gets, new customer or not. .

Well done for you, but that wasn't the experience I had..

The whole point of a forum is to share what you experinced

I have never been un-happy with the e-liquid suppliers I have constantly used before... they have always recognized me as a (new) good customer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread