• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tejas Vapin' Group Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Hey Ya'll!

I thought I'd start a sticky thread where we can keep tabs on any updates for the group.

Group Website: TejasVapin.com

• Nothing there yet.
  • Lika secured/registered the name when the group was created on ECF in anticipation of growth or becoming an official association.
  • Info here will be updated as plans for the site are made

Google Maps: Tejas Vapin'

• Created by Menolly.
  • Menolly created a Google Map so all members could mark their locations. This will make it easier to determine a central location in organizing group meetings.
  • Please take a moment to add yourself to the map. You may need an account with Google to do so. If you have problems, click here for complete instructions.
  • Alternatively send a PM with your Zip Code to either Menolly or Lika and we'll add you to the map.

ICQ Group: Tejas Vapin

• Created by Nicfits
  • Can be used for TV group member chat, swaps, exchanges, photo sharing, etc.
  • Group membership is by approval only so when you join you will need to be approved by an ICQ Tejas Vapin admin, currently Nicfits & Lika, of the group
  • Download ICQ for your computer here

Tejas Vapin' on MySpace: MySpace.com/TejasVapin

• Add Tejas Vapin' as a friend!
  • Not much there right now but who knows where it will lead!

Tejas Vapin' on Facebook: Tejas Vapin'

• Request to join Tejas Vapin' on Facebook
  • Another outlet to keep up and communicate with your TV friends
  • You must have a Facebook account
  • Group membership is by approval only so a request must be made - visit the group to do so.

Current Member Count: 120 ...and still growing!

-----------------------------------

Current Message:
-----------------------------------

That's about it for now. Post your thoughts and questions below :) Group participation is very much wanted and appreciated. I'd like to hear some ideas on what you guys want for the website or if you think we even need one right now.

I only registered the domain name when the group was created because I honestly didn't know how this was going to go. I just wanted cover all the bases... If we end up being an official association or chapter for Texas it would be a good idea to have our own site.

Last edited:

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Well, I just tried to visit the Tejas Vapin ICQ group and it appears to have been deleted. :(
I did all kinds of searches and can't find it. It has also been deleted from my ICQ page.
Lika, you may want to try and start it again. I don't know why they would descriminate against us. There is another E-cigarrette group on there, it only has 2 members. Oh well, if that is the way they want to be, we don't need them.

Nicfits.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Well, I just tried to visit the Tejas Vapin ICQ group and it appears to have been deleted. :(
I did all kinds of searches and can't find it. It has also been deleted from my ICQ page.
Lika, you may want to try and start it again. I don't know why they would descriminate against us. There is another E-cigarrette group on there, it only has 2 members. Oh well, if that is the way they want to be, we don't need them.

Nicfits.

Nic, I'm wondering when it was deleted. I didn't see it on my page yesterday but didn't think much of it because it has been so long since I've used ICQ. At the time I wasn't sure if I should have seen it there.

But yeah, I just now searched for it too and it doesn't exist anymore. I don't suppose emailing them would do anygood.

Maybe it's the "vapin" part of the name. Perhaps they thought it was illegal drug related as in vaping a certain herb. Whatever the reason it's pretty silly.

I'll see if let me create it again. If not we can use something else... Like you said if they're going to be buttheads over this then we don't need 'em.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Sorry for the double post (seems I do that a lot, lol).

Just tried to recreate it. Looks like the the name "Tejas Vapin" is not available anymore. Also there appears no way to contact anyone directly for support via email. Direct support is only offered via the forums and that's user supported so no one be able to get the group back as far as I can see.

There is a feedback form but it's only for opinions and bug reporting. I doubt this was a bug. Could be but probably not.

I was able to create another group by using the apostrophe in the name, Tejas Vapin'. I guess we'll see if that one gets deleted too. I've sent Nicfits an invite. Anyone else want one, let me know. I'll change the link above with the new URL.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
OK, I have rejoined the new Tejas Vapin' ICQ group. Maybe they will see our persistance and leave us alone this time. LOL.
Thats not fair of them, not only did they delete our group the first time, they kept our name from being used again. If I remember things right, ICQ was bought out by AOL about 10 years ago.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Just added Menolly's Google Map to the group update page.

Sorry I missed adding it the first time around. Currently we only have about 30% (23 members) who have added their location to the map.

If you haven't added yours please take a moment to do so. If you can't for whatever reason but want to be added just send one of us a PM with your zip code and we'll get you added as soon as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread