Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
You have to use a nipple top battery. I use the Nipple top Panasonic cgrs and it works perfectly fine now.

-Atlexus

I'll have to give that a try. Does it day somthing about only using nipple top batteries in the manual that I missed?

I'm not gonna be able to get any nipple top Panasonic's this weekend, so let's hope any nipple top IMR is the fix.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
It doesn't say anything about them. I just happened to get those batteries in the day I was going to RMA my Tesla

-Atlexus

Cool, I'll give it a shot. I'll let you know what iVapes has to say about the tech service ticket I sent them last night as well once I get a response.

The strange part is that it connects with the bottom cap only screwed half way in... if the positive connector post is too short to accept flat top batteries, then it wouldn't work at all with them.

That's what's got me scratching my head.

Last edited:

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
here was iVapes response to the issue:

Take the bottom cap off of the device, and use your finger to push the spring down all the way into the bottom of the cap. After that, lift the spring back up until the bottom of the spring is sitting in the recessed groove cut into the cap, this should allow for the connection to be corrected.

I did this and now it will work with flat top batteries with the end cap screwed all the way down. Once in a wile it will not connect, but I just back it out and then screw back in and then it works. Gonna try and mess with the spring a little more and see if i can get it more consistent so it works on first tighten every time.

Still need to try a button top battery.... payday is Friday, so i'll get one then.

Atlexus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2012
Norcross, GA

Take the bottom cap off of the device, and use your finger to push the spring down all the way into the bottom of the cap. After that, lift the spring back up until the bottom of the spring is sitting in the recessed groove cut into the cap, this should allow for the connection to be corrected.

I did this and now it will work with flat top batteries with the end cap screwed all the way down. Once in a wile it will not connect, but I just back it out and then screw back in and then it works. Gonna try and mess with the spring a little more and see if i can get it more consistent so it works on first tighten every time.

Still need to try a button top battery.... payday is Friday, so i'll get one then.

That's good to hear. Didn't work for me but the batteries did the trick

-Atlexus

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv

Good stuff, that should do the trick!

6.T.9

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
United States
I got mine a couple days ago and must say. I lile it alot I have not had any problems with the battery or nothing. I think its a really soild mod for the price. got mine from a local shop with two battery's, charger and pro tank for right at 100 bucks and free bottle of e-liquid cant beat it!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I got mine a couple days ago and must say. I lile it alot I have not had any problems with the battery or nothing. I think its a really soild mod for the price. got mine from a local shop with two battery's, charger and pro tank for right at 100 bucks and free bottle of e-liquid cant beat it!

I like how light it is for the size, think it's all aluminum. I wish they would make a mini tesla. If they had a 18350 tesla without the open battery slot I would buy like 3 of them. It would really cut into the vamo sales as well. I know a lot of people that have vamo's and only use them in 18350 mode.

Sikario

Apr 13, 2013
Colorado
I just wanna add onto your review and conversation. I have had my tesla now for about 2 weeks. I am loving it! Its big enough to be easy to hold and yet small enough with a protank on top that I can carry it in my pocket. Today it passed the ultimate test. I placed it on top of a shelf and someone accidentally bumped the shelf. 6 feet and my very worried expressions of hatred later it landed smack onto the top of the protank's "drip tip" on a poured concrete floor!!! Damage assessment: The lil "glass" over the screen popped out and the top of the battery inside dented a bit (i use button-less). The glass popped right back in no issues, and the battery still works fine. In short No damage. I am thoroughly impressed with the Tesla's ruggedness. Now for looks and functionality. My other vape buddies have provaris. When they saw my Tesla they instantly liked the look. Functionality wise when they grabbed my tesla knowing absolutely nothing about it they were able to immediatly set it and vape on it without me even explaining it. I would give that a solid nod considering the one button system on the provari to me just seems like it would get complicated and rather annoying. Over all I am loving this mod!

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY

$100 for all of that? Where? That's a helluva deal!:)

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Any update thoughts now that you all have had yours for awhile? Will/is there (be) a V2 available? Would you buy it again? Are there any protective sleeves for the battery to help ward off sharp rock encounters of the worst kind? Would you buy one again? Is the black holding up or has it faded, scratched to smitherines, bubbled or anything odd? How's the button holding up?
LTv1 meets MadVapes Venter meets iVapes muse. :) Not a bad trio.
I like the lockable settings and the floating pin features. The price seems a bit high, but don't they all.

Sikario

Apr 13, 2013
Colorado
Any update thoughts now that you all have had yours for awhile? Will/is there (be) a V2 available? Would you buy it again? Are there any protective sleeves for the battery to help ward off sharp rock encounters of the worst kind? Would you buy one again? Is the black holding up or has it faded, scratched to smitherines, bubbled or anything odd? How's the button holding up?
LTv1 meets MadVapes Venter meets iVapes muse. :) Not a bad trio.
I like the lockable settings and the floating pin features. The price seems a bit high, but don't they all.

I'll try to tackle your questions in order..

Updates: Im loving this mod! Guys in my office who have provari's are loving my mod. Once you get over the placement of the screen its a dream! Multibutton operation, a screen that actually spells out real words, and an easy to use interface its really spot on.

V2: To my knowledge I havent seen anything about a V2 but frankly I dont see what they would really add or takeaway IMHO.

Buy again: In a heart beat and with absolutely no qualms about my purchase.

Sleeves, batteries, rocks: I am currently deployed to Kuwait and this thing has held up through sand storms, dust storms, falls, drops (see earlier post). Now I will say this the electronic boards inside are kind of out in the open... That is there is a post for the battery top to make contact with but then theres no sort of seal around that post its just a straight tube and you can see the circuit board and the screen from the bottom. As such it is obvious this mod would not survive even a small dunking in any kind of liquid at least in my opinion.

Color: Its holding up phenomenally no bubbling, no warping, no scratching or denting even with the numerous drops and such..

Button: Still clicky and still doing well

Demoness

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2010
Port Richey, Florida
I'll try to tackle your questions in order..

Updates: Im loving this mod! Guys in my office who have provari's are loving my mod. Once you get over the placement of the screen its a dream! Multibutton operation, a screen that actually spells out real words, and an easy to use interface its really spot on.

V2: To my knowledge I havent seen anything about a V2 but frankly I dont see what they would really add or takeaway IMHO.

Buy again: In a heart beat and with absolutely no qualms about my purchase.

Sleeves, batteries, rocks: I am currently deployed to Kuwait and this thing has held up through sand storms, dust storms, falls, drops (see earlier post). Now I will say this the electronic boards inside are kind of out in the open... That is there is a post for the battery top to make contact with but then theres no sort of seal around that post its just a straight tube and you can see the circuit board and the screen from the bottom. As such it is obvious this mod would not survive even a small dunking in any kind of liquid at least in my opinion.

Color: Its holding up phenomenally no bubbling, no warping, no scratching or denting even with the numerous drops and such..

Button: Still clicky and still doing well

It is so great to read an updated review! I just ordered mine today from iVapes. I chose the Jet Black and I am getting a Jwrap for it. This review has made me really, really look forward and excited about ordering it! I am hoping it will be here Monday, but expecting Tuesday of next week!

Also, I would like to send my thanks to you for your service to this country too! :banana:

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
It is so great to read an updated review! I just ordered mine today from iVapes. I chose the Jet Black and I am getting a Jwrap for it. This review has made me really, really look forward and excited about ordering it! I am hoping it will be here Monday, but expecting Tuesday of next week!

Also, I would like to send my thanks to you for your service to this country too! :banana:

Just like Demoness said, I'm glad someone is updating this thread. It's good to know that the Tesla can take a beating. What branch are you in? I was in the USAF, Security Police. Thanks for doing a tough job out there. Stay safe brother. :)
Btw- As soon as I receive my Tesla I'm going to ask the forum owner to start a sub forum for Tesla owners. I'll try to let everyone know if and when it going to happen, either through a new post or a pm. If you guys and girls want to get involved you can send me a friend request and a pm so I'll have a list of names. Maybe I'll ask them to call it T.O.G.-Tesla owners group. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread