Tesla Nano 120W Steampunk: Dangerous! leaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
hmmm, well this just happened. picked up my Tesla Steampunk to take a vape and the batteries came pouring out. somehow the latch on the bottom got loose. anyway when i looked at the batteries one was coated in juice. that's a bummer.

anywho i wiped down the chambers and the batteries then put them back in and kept on vaping. should i be worried about the batteries? i think this is more an issue with the Aspire Cleito tank than the mod because i also have a Cleito on my Zelos and have experienced similar leaking.
My cleito sometimes leaks out the airholes but not all the time.

LDNVaper

May 1, 2017
I've read before somewhere in forums, they said heat sink can damage mod in long term? Or am i wrong?

By any chance, did you guys ever dropped your tesla before? Is the mod durable? I mean, prone to drops? Just wondering coz i dropped mine yesterday naked without the leather sleeve
No thats not true a heatsink can save the threads on your mod if you leave it on there and only tske off the tank/rda

Tesla is durable as hell

Reactions: Bond1313

Bond1313

May 19, 2017
No thats not true a heatsink can save the threads on your mod if you leave it on there and only tske off the tank/rda

Tesla is durable as hell

Oh i see. Will invest a heat sink later on hehe. I dropped mine, luckily it landed on the carpet phew. And my Kayfun also made it.

So how long you had the mod? Everything works okay so far?

LDNVaper

May 1, 2017
Oh i see. Will invest a heat sink later on hehe. I dropped mine, luckily it landed on the carpet phew. And my Kayfun also made it.

So how long you had the mod? Everything works okay so far?
Yeah its ok my only issue if your tank leaks or your rda leaks where the 510 connection is you will find your batteries with juice on it

I used a 510 heat sink got rid of the problem but I shouldnt have to buy a heat sink

But tbh the tesla does get mega hot without a heat sink so meh. Im using a big build rda so!

LDNVaper

May 1, 2017
yeah same with mine. wish i could figure out what causes the leaks but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. about 90% of the time everything's fine.
I find of the RDA is mega hot and has juice on the base then I will most likely find juice.

I emailed Tesla so much and they ignored me.
Luckily I will be seeing them at London Vape Show

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
yeah same with mine. wish i could figure out what causes the leaks but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. about 90% of the time everything's fine.
Yeah not constant is it, one of my favourite tanks. I'm picking up an exo Saturday. Thought I'd try it, the original cleito isn't tpd compliant but the original cleito coils extend the exo to 3.5ml so that's how they've got around it :)

LDNVaper

May 1, 2017
Yeah not constant is it, one of my favourite tanks. I'm picking up an exo Saturday. Thought I'd try it, the original cleito isn't tpd compliant but the original cleito coils extend the exo to 3.5ml so that's how they've got around it :)

I work at a vape shop dont get the red one gets really hot

I recommend a Smok Spiral for flavour!
Also, if youre up for it get a druga

Reactions: Skold

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Its the only regulated mod I use at the moment. It feels really good in hand, much like a mech mod :)
It's in rotation with my Coppervape and Sebone :D
I use the RDA that came with my Sebone clone, turns out I liked the RDA so much, I ordered another Sebone set :)
I have a Smoant Charon that will be here tomorrow, I won it as well :)
My Charon was delivered couple days ago and I love it! How's battery door on tesla? Read it's flimsy.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm getting a black one & yeah I've thought about a smok spiral for a while but will be happy with the exo.
Getting an nx100 too for with the exo, that an my pico will be my main mods. I own 20, maybe a few more altogether but they are just back ups really...
Skip Spiral, leaky.

Reactions: Skold

LDNVaper

May 1, 2017
My Charon was delivered couple days ago and I love it! How's battery door on tesla? Read it's flimsy.

So the battery door is flimsy until you put batteries in. Its a pressure lock system!

Also spiral isnt very leaky! A lot of people treat like an MTL when its a subogm tank

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I've never heard of any leak issues with the spiral tank, I have a mate who loves his & have used it once or twice.
I like it cos I enjoy sub ohm tanks but cam get good flavour at 30 watts.
I don't like using sub ohm tanks that take high wattage to get going. Vaping my cleito at 40 watts is like cloud chasing for me!
And the tesla does have a bit of a flimsy battery door but I have been using mine for a couple of months with no issues :)
It's fine with the batteries in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread