Tesla Nano 120W Steampunk: Dangerous! leaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I don't know of any 510s that are completely sealed. If there are any, I don't know what they are. It's a guarantee: if a tank leaks, liquid will find its way inside the mod. If I know a tank is prone to leaking, I don't use it on mods that I want to keep around/care about or I simply don't use that tank at all.

Have you contacted the vendor about the gap around your 510? That's the 1st place you should go, because it is probably a defect. My 510 on all 3 of my Tesla Steam Punks (copper, silver, & black) are perfectly fine.

I find of the RDA is mega hot and has juice on the base then I will most likely find juice.

I emailed Tesla so much and they ignored me.
Luckily I will be seeing them at London Vape Show

Last edited:

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I don't know of any 510s that are completely sealed. If there are any, I don't know what they are. It's a guarantee: if a tank leaks, liquid will find its way inside the mod. If find that if I know a tank is prone to leaking, I don't use it on mods that I want to keep around/care about or I simply don't use that tank at all.

Have you contacted the vendor about the gap around your 510? That's the 1st place you should go, because it is probably a defect. My 510 on all 3 of my Tesla Steam Punks (copper, silver, & black) are perfectly fine.
Yeah are fine on mine too, only problem I have with 510s is the later innokin mods so your right about that probably is a defect. There is nothing about the tesla having a dodgy 510.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think this problem was discussed elsewhere, but I think the Steampunk early models had this issue with the 510 pin but in later models it was remedied. Neither of my steampunks allow leakage into the battery. I should know, I used them experimentally on all my new RTA builds, and some of them just DUMPED whatever amount of juice right onto the mod the first time around. I did get leakage down through my silicone SLEEVE however, so it turned my copper mod green (did come off with some rubbing ETOH) so now I use one of my beater mods to test my new builds.

I really think the Steampunk cannot be beat in a lot of ways, when it comes to price point for value, especially if you are not averse to a heavy mod. It's smooth, great battery life, and decent TC. My copper Steampunk door is a bit dodgy (why I have the sleeve, that and drops) but my gun metal silver one doesn't, so much. I'm not sure if it's due to the metal in manufacture, or what. I think the door is my main complaint, but I've found a remedy and honestly I like the sleeve for drops.

I guess knowing what to look out for (and returning a mod without a good 510 pin for replacement) might make it easier to purchase this mod, as it's not entirely certain what model you will get, and etc., but if you get a "good" one, I don't think you will be disappointed. To the OP (who may be gone by now), perhaps a warranty might be in the cards if it's still under warranty. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Anna

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I really like the way the tesla steampunk looks. Was wanting to get one, now im not sure. Is quality control such a difficult concept in the factories that make vape mods and devices? Ive read all sorts of things both good and bad about all sorts of brands which leads me to think quality control is a major shortcoming of all these manufacturers.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread