TFA Caramel Candy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I'm wondering if you've used this before. Was it as a single flavor or with other flavors? Please share your successful recipes using this flavor. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the one recipe I use it in, in small amounts, I use it with TFA's other caramels. This is one of my ADV's :)

KAS's Brown Car

4% TFA Caramel Original
3% TFA Caramel
1% TFA Caramel Candy
6% TFA Peanut Butter
3% TFA vanilla Swirl
1% TFA Acetyl Pyrazine
1% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
1% TFA sweetener

KAS

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I have caramel candy coming in my latest order. I got it to try out ThatAintRight76's recipe (seen here):

10% TFA Apple Pie
5% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
2% TFA Caramel Candy
2% TFA Bavarian Cream
2% TFA Sweet Cream
2% TFA Vanilla Cupcake
1% TFA Cheesecake with Graham Cracker Crust
1 drops Capellas Sugar Cookie per 10ml

Looking forward to seeing more recipes in this thread!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The few times I've added caramel to a recipe I just got a little sweetness to offset the AP style flavor of certain tobaccos. I didn't want to completely change the flavor. I just wanted to add a little caramel hint and tone down the bite without using just EM.

I do need to work out a good RY4 clone. It's time to try some published recipes for that.

JohnLee

Apr 4, 2017
Last night I mixed 10% caramel candy and 5% TFA vanilla swirl and it is surprisingly good!

I only have caramel "original" tfa and caramel (plain), do you thi k that would work too? How's your coil, is it ganking?

Sent from my O+ Crunch using Tapatalk

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I only have caramel "original" tfa and caramel (plain), do you thi k that would work too? How's your coil, is it ganking?

I don't know enough about the flavor to answer your question Hopefully someone more experienced will come along and answer (@IDJoel ?). I've only been vaping it for 1 day so it hasn't gunked my coils

JohnLee

Apr 4, 2017
I don't know enough about the flavor to answer your question Hopefully someone more experienced will come along and answer (@IDJoel ?). I've only been vaping it for 1 day so it hasn't gunked my coils

Great to hear, I accidentally ordered caramel not indicating "original" end up getting caramel tfa. It doesn't have the smokiness and sweetness I find in caramel original, and didn't know to what recipe it will be good to since it is not sweet and smoky. I ordered 100ml, lesson learned, proof check first before hitting the submit button. [emoji6]

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Great to hear, I accidentally ordered caramel not indicating "original" end up getting caramel tfa. It doesn't have the smokiness and sweetness I find in caramel original, and didn't know to what recipe it will be good to since it is not sweet and smoky. I ordered 100ml, lesson learned, proof check first before hitting the submit button. [emoji6]

I often order duplicate flavors. I don't check if I already have it and order another. So I have several duplicates

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
These are two recipes that @tc1 created and shared several years ago that I still revisit from time to time:

RWhy4 (original post w/add'l notes)
10% TFA Double RY4
5% TFA Caramel Candy
5% TFA Bavarian Cream

Scutch (Rwhy4 reloaded) (original post w/ add'l notes)
7% TFA Double RY4
3% TFA Butterscotch (some may want to adjust this lower)
3% TFA Pistachio
3% TFA Vanilla Swirl
2% TFA Bavarian Cream
2% TFA Caramel Candy
(Use Toasted Almond instead of Pistachio for a completely different flavor)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I had several flavors in my cart at Nicotine River waiting to make sure there wasn't something else I needed to add. The TFA Caramel Candy was just what I was looking for. It's added and the order button clicked!

As others said, I've also ordered a couple of caramels that didn't impress. I'm hoping this one is a keeper.

Reactions: JohnLee

JohnLee

Apr 4, 2017
These are two recipes that @tc1 created and shared several years ago that I still revisit from time to time:

RWhy4 (original post w/add'l notes)
10% TFA Double RY4
5% TFA Caramel Candy
5% TFA Bavarian Cream

Scutch (Rwhy4 reloaded) (original post w/ add'l notes)
7% TFA Double RY4
3% TFA Butterscotch (some may want to adjust this lower)
3% TFA Pistachio
3% TFA Vanilla Swirl
2% TFA Bavarian Cream
2% TFA Caramel Candy
(Use Toasted Almond instead of Pistachio for a completely different flavor)
Taaassssttttty! I'm not planning on getting a caramel candy since i love the the complexity of the caramel original tfa. However VapeLuvr and IDJoel made up my mind. [emoji14] Will order this on Monday foooshooo!

Reactions: ChelsB

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Sorry; I forgot to respond to this earlier:
Yes; you could sub TFA Caramel, or TFA Caramel Original for the TFA Caramel Candy in @VapeLuvr's recipe. It will not taste the same; but it should still be tasty.

@JohnLee the TFACaramel Original is probably the one that is giving you gunking issues. It is the only TFA caramel that uses corn syrup, so this is going to be a coil killer, similar to FW-Yellow Cake that uses fructose.
@IDJoel have you tasted or have a TFA Caramel (not the original or the candy one)? Any recommendation?
upload_2017-5-20_18-11-41.png

upload_2017-5-20_18-13-59.png

upload_2017-5-20_18-15-50.png

upload_2017-5-20_18-17-47.png

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
TFA Caramel Candy is a Wonderful blending flavor. Have used it in Many of my TastyFinger variants. As well as in many "Pairs".

Caramel Candy / Waffle
Caramel Candy / Almond
Caramel Candy / Pralines and Cream

And, of course, Caramel Candy / Green Apple.

Not sure how it would be as a Stand-Alone? Have never tried it by itself.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thanks IDJoel!
You're most welcome! I'm happy to share, and I hope you are able to find one, or more, useful. None of those are my own creation (I am mostly a DIY parasite ;)); all author credit (to the best of my knowledge) can be found in the notes at the bottom of each recipe. :D

Reactions: ChelsB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread