The Best Mod to get that lasts, inexpensive to maintain...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently vape on a Joyetech EGO AIO. However, I really don't care for the pen system. I really liked the portability and ease of the eLeaf iCare Mini but that leaked juice everywhere- on two different purchases of the same model! I thought about buying a VaporShark Minnow because it's so similar but apparently it's been pulled from the market.

Here's what I need:
I need a good Vaporizer that lasts a long time, is inexpensive to maintain, it's easy to fill (I can't really see the fill line on some of these mods because I have bad eyes,) the coil heads can be relatively cheap and easy to clean. I don't want to do rebuildable atomizers-a)I'm not that technically brainful, and b)I just want to be able to carry an atomizer and change on the fly. Has anyone made/sold a unit that dries atomizers quickly? When I buy a 5pack, ideally I'm expecting it to last a month. I'm burning through SS316 coils. I've yet to find them where I could buy them in a box of 50 or so.

Help!!:evil:

Happy vaping!! :vapor:
Mel

Reactions: Foggy Road

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Can you lace and tie a shoe? If so you have the technical ability to build a coil.. might need to educate yourself about safety.. but it not that hard to wrap a coil.

The issue your having is that disposable coils are disposable.... Fact Is you coils are likely not burning out... the wick is... your coils themselves if in a rebuilable can last months. Wicks on the otherhand last days at best.

I don't really have a good answer for you because I think the solution to your problem is something you don't want to do. You might get more coil life with different juices also. Sweeter and darker juices dirty coils faster.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
A simple strand coil is very easy. Lots of YouTube videos, even for your specific topper.

Wrap the wire around something like a nail, attach the coils ends to the screws, put cotton through the coil and off you go.

That is just an outline, since there are things to learn about each step, but it is rather easy.

Good luck!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I currently vape on a Joyetech EGO AIO. However, I really don't care for the pen system. I really liked the portability and ease of the eLeaf iCare Mini but that leaked juice everywhere- on two different purchases of the same model! I thought about buying a VaporShark Minnow because it's so similar but apparently it's been pulled from the market.

Here's what I need:
I need a good Vaporizer that lasts a long time, is inexpensive to maintain, it's easy to fill (I can't really see the fill line on some of these mods because I have bad eyes,) the coil heads can be relatively cheap and easy to clean. I don't want to do rebuildable atomizers-a)I'm not that technically brainful, and b)I just want to be able to carry an atomizer and change on the fly. Has anyone made/sold a unit that dries atomizers quickly? When I buy a 5pack, ideally I'm expecting it to last a month. I'm burning through SS316 coils. I've yet to find them where I could buy them in a box of 50 or so.

Happy Vaping!! :vapor:
Mel

Welcome.

You have just found the main reason we eventually switched to rebuildable attys and APVs

A quality APV with a removable battery will outlast most disposable mods (mods with fixed batteries are disposable).

A rebuildable atty doesnt require a great skill or a degree to use.
You can buy prebuilt coils that install in RBAs. They will last many times longer than a coilhead.

Its much much cheaper to use rebuildables and a good mod

Buying disposables are a trap to keep you on the tether just like cigs.
They want your weekly cig money.

Reactions: Dougiestyle

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

Here's what I need:

Mel
Liquids with a lot of flavoring and sweetner gunk up coils faster. I make my own e liquid to have control of ingredients. I use 1% flavoring and no sweetners. My coils turn black but don't gunk up. If you can cook you can mix. The atomizer I would recommend today is the Nautilus 2 because it uses the legendary Aspire BVC coil heads. But if you are going to be a life long vaper you'll be mixing and rebuilding eventually.

Reactions: niczgreat

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
All these abbreviations...I need a ride.

A "mod" is the bottom half the has the battery and controls. The coil is a part of the atomizer in the top. Because their are so many styles of "topper", more acronyms are used..a lot more. I tend towards a Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (RTA) since I can build the coil, store juice in it, and it has the atomizer in it.

There are other types. The toppers that had store-bought coils with wicks already in them are called clearomizers. I started with clearomizers, but switched to rebuildable. Many do.

Have fun!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Can you lace and tie a shoe? If so you have the technical ability to build a coil.. might need to educate yourself about safety.. but it not that hard to wrap a coil.

The issue your having is that disposable coils are disposable.... Fact Is you coils are likely not burning out... the wick is... your coils themselves if in a rebuilable can last months. Wicks on the otherhand last days at best.

I don't really have a good answer for you because I think the solution to your problem is something you don't want to do. You might get more coil life with different juices also. Sweeter and darker juices dirty coils faster.

Hey man, sometimes listen to people instead of following your own agenda.
"I can't really see the fill line on some of these mods because I have bad eyes,"

Coiling wire is a head ache. I can do it but prefer to buy the coils pre-made and to install them in my OBS Engine.
If my eyes were a little worse, or my hands a little shakier, I'd just go with a stock solution and the premade Attys.

Everyone is different.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California

Here's what I need:

Mel
1st Upgrade Your Mod since you are used to a All in one battery you should keep it simple and buy an All in One.
I recommend Innokin very highly for built in batteries Mods, I've found their products easy to use and durable.
They have a lot of products and solutions
Vape, Electronic cigarette - Innokin

The Chroma $37.25 China or $42.25 USA is small and has exactly the 2000 mah capacity that you are looking for it's available in numerous colors. Built in battery will make it lower overall cost. Also works in pass through mode so you can vape while it's charging..Not sure if I like the style but it seems perfect for your needs. A review can be found here

The MPV4 $49.95 is easy to use and with a 4000mah battery will last you for days. it also vapes as a pass through.
May be a little large

The CoolFire 4 at $58.95 w 3000mah battery looks nicer than the MPV4

Next you need to pair that with a Tank. You will want to use a Tank that accepts a pre-built Atty. The only thing you will have to do is to unscrew the bottom and install the cartridge. No worrying about changing on the Fly because they last weeks to months depending on the type of liquid you use.

This is a great Solution for you.
I've tried it and the taste is excellent.
Tobeco Supertank Mini and it loads from the top.
Tobeco Supertank Mini 25mm | Sub Ohm Tanks | VaporBeast

Another option is the OBS Engine Nano Original OBS Engine NANO RTA-25.46 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
It has the absolute best and easiest Fill system.

Best of luck in your search.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Hey man, sometimes listen to people instead of following your own agenda.
"I can't really see the fill line on some of these mods because I have bad eyes,"

Coiling wire is a head ache. I can do it but prefer to buy the coils pre-made and to install them in my OBS Engine.
If my eyes were a little worse, or my hands a little shakier, I'd just go with a stock solution and the premade Attys.

Everyone is different.
Yeah I got the bad eyesight thing.....

But you ask what the solution to having to replace your coil every 2 days was........

Fwiw... I know a BLIND from birth vaper that DIY his coils and juices..... I figure someone with bad eyesight could use a magnifier. I build using a jewelers loop.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Yeah I got the bad eyesight thing.....

But you ask what the solution to having to replace your coil every 2 days was........

Fwiw... I know a BLIND from birth vaper that DIY his coils and juices..... I figure someone with bad eyesight could use a magnifier. I build using a jewelers loop.

There is a space in between making your own coils and her vape pen.

That is purchasing a tank that uses pre-built atomizers. I used to vape on a TFV8 and the coil would last for months. I found better flavor with your standard Dual Coil Atomizer with Claptons. But the tanks with pre-built Atomizers are easier.

I found it much more convenient to buy the pre-made claptons and install on the Deck. Why dick around making coils when I can buy very good ones inexpensively.

The other solution is a vape pen with beefier atomizer both solutions above.

If someone asks for Apples, it must be annoying if everyone offers Oranges.

I'm open to all suggestions. I guess you could say I'm just afraid of the unknown (building your own atties.) But, I did stop in at my vape shop today and check into a box mod with tank, tip (I'm a girl and I like small things, not big and bulky- wait, what conversation are we having..oh yeah- vaping...lol!) Anywho- a box mod, tank, tip, and supplies- $88 incl tax. I'll have to wait til next month -too much month at the end of my money- I'm on disability. Back to the farm, if I wait til the first Saturday in June, I can get an add'l 20% off. So, that's probably what I'll do. I'm kinda tired of the pen. I haven't read good reviews on the Minnow which is like the iCare Mini except no charging dock. Besides, it looks like they've been pulled off market since I can't find 'em anywhere. I really don't wanna order from China, but I can't seem to find an American manufacturer. Oye, I got a headache from hoping to be such a Patriot. So, I guess I figure if I buy it locally, I am buying American. Plus they offered me a 90 day warranty if I keep my receipt and box.

Really do have a headache- thanks for all your suggestions and links.

Mel

Reactions: Foggy Road

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Anyone know why the Minnow was pulled from the market? I have one which I got from VaporDNA. I just checked and they are still shown on their site, but out-of-stock. I've had mine for a couple of months now and haven't had any problems with it. It's a great stealthy little vape, a step up from the ICare in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread