~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
I was just having fun. I get it, and that's a great approach. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, I want it. Oh how I want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Anyone using the Bridge and Aspire coils with their Rev 4 around here? If so what kind of wattage are you running? I'm using the 2 ohm Aspire coils at bout 10-11 watts and burn them up after about an hour using 50/50. It's almost like its not wicking. I closed off two of the air slots (scotch tape on the inside covering the holes) to create more vacuum and it didn't help.

If I lower the watts any more than 10 It's not really pushing enough to get the coil going.

Any help?

Reactions: gnees

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I use the 1.6 Aspire coils. Set at 9.5 to 11.5 watts. 50/50 juice too. I get a good month out of a coil.

Clear Menthol juice is all that I use.
I use the 1.6 coils also, with a medium dark juice 50/50 running at 8.5w. I get at least a month out of them.

Ok then. I feel better now. I think I just had my watts turned up too high. I was running a 2 ohm coil at 12.5 watts and it ended up burning the wick after about a quarter of a tank. I'm running a new one now at 10.5 watts and it seems to be keeping up better.

I was so used to setting the old BB to 4.6-4.8 and forgetting about it, I have to get used to the watts setting now! LOL!

Thanks guys!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Anyone using the Bridge and Aspire coils with their Rev 4 around here? If so what kind of wattage are you running? I'm using the 2 ohm Aspire coils at bout 10-11 watts and burn them up after about an hour using 50/50. It's almost like its not wicking. I closed off two of the air slots (scotch tape on the inside covering the holes) to create more vacuum and it didn't help.

If I lower the watts any more than 10 It's not really pushing enough to get the coil going.

Any help?

I use them, but I am a tootle puffer, 8 watts is fine for me. I am using the 2.1 OHM coils. :?:

KAS

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Anyone else a little scared of the amount of unsold BB's on the site?

For a brand that was sold out at all times, within minutes of each drop, I'm not comfortable with this current situation...

Yes...same as you. However, I am hoping that it is my usual, run of the mill, worry kicking in and it’s not a ‘thing.’

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017

Any help?
I had this problem with a 60/40 juice. I even reformulated the juice to make it cleaner, still happened. It wasn't as bad if I put the coils in a Nautilus Mini, so I figured they needed a bit of vacuum to pull the juice through. I found that a bit of 5/16" beer line makes a perfect collar for the bottom. Drill a few holes and you've recreated the airflow control of a Nautilus. It mostly fixed the problem. But I much prefer an Exocet with Kayfun restrictor

Sent from my Aquaris X5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ckquatt

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I had this problem with a 60/40 juice. I even reformulated the juice to make it cleaner, still happened. It wasn't as bad if I put the coils in a Nautilus Mini, so I figured they needed a bit of vacuum to pull the juice through. I found that a bit of 5/16" beer line makes a perfect collar for the bottom. Drill a few holes and you've recreated the airflow control of a Nautilus. It mostly fixed the problem. But I much prefer an Exocet with Kayfun restrictor

I think my juice may have been the culprit. I put in a thinner juice (50/50) and it’s been wicking like a charm the past couple of days. The first juice was a DIY that I believe was a also 60/40 so I may just make it 50/50 next time. I just got in the Insider yesterday so I’ll see how that does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bamrz

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois

Oh...interesting! Do you have a picture by chance?

Reactions: Uncle

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017
Oh...interesting! Do you have a picture by chance?
I can't find the 2nd one I made, which was tidier. This was the first one though...

6fd8a06737eadf0350fb4167b1ebf1db.jpg

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016

Any help?
Using 1.8ohm Nautilus coils. For some reason my BB reads it 1.9-2.0ohms after break in. Running it at 8.3W. 50/50 non-flavored 12-18mg/ml. Air is wide open with no restrictions. Coils last a long time ... weeks.

Thing is, with the BB I've modified my draw/pull. I start the draw with a second of DL, then sort of close my throat and finish with a MTL pull, releasing the fire button and continuing to draw for a second in order to clear the bridge and help keep condensation down. I suppose it could conceivably also help re-saturate the head but maybe not much since the airflow is wide open. However, using that technique, I get the full potential of the 1.8ohm Nautilus coil and great vapor volume and density for a MTLer. Lovin' it

Last edited:
Reactions: gnees

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Using 1.8ohm Nautilus coils. For some reason my BB reads it 1.9-2.0ohms after break in. Running it at 8.3W. 50/50 non-flavored 12-18mg/ml. Air is wide open with no restrictions. Coils last a long time ... weeks.

Thing is, with the BB I've modified my draw/pull. I start the draw with a second of DL, then sort of close my throat and finish with a MTL pull, releasing the fire button and continuing to draw for a second in order to clear the bridge and help keep condensation down. I suppose it could conceivably also help re-saturate the head but maybe not much since the airflow is wide open. However, using that technique, I get the full potential of the 1.8ohm Nautilus coil and great vapor volume and density for a MTLer. Lovin' it
I'm wondering if I just got a bum head or two. They came from different packs. I've been running the same head in it since I wrote that post with no issues at all! 2 ohm head at 10.5 watts and its wicking the Pluid like a dream!

Either that or the other juice I was running in it when I was having the issue was a tad too thick.. No telling, but it has resolved itself!

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I used to run the 1.8ohm coils routinely in a Kabuki at 9.6W and depending on mood, up to about 11.2W. While the vape was warm at times, I never burned a coil. Even now, I still run the 1.8s a little higher in a topper than I do in the BB. Different tank different science maybe.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
I have FINALLY tried the Nautilus coils (1.8ohm) in my Rev4. Hmmm....what was I waiting for? Very nice flavor/vapor and an improved experience, for me, than the little, BVC coils.

I loved the BVC coils in the Rev3 BB but, not as much in the Rev4. Too much airflow, or tank shape? Not really sure but, something was different.

I can use either but, the Nautilus coil is a pleasant change!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I used to run the 1.8ohm coils routinely in a Kabuki at 9.6W and depending on mood, up to about 11.2W. While the vape was warm at times, I never burned a coil. Even now, I still run the 1.8s a little higher in a topper than I do in the BB. Different tank different science maybe.

I have FINALLY tried the Nautilus coils (1.8ohm) in my Rev4. Hmmm....what was I waiting for? Very nice flavor/vapor and an improved experience, for me, than the little, BVC coils.

I loved the BVC coils in the Rev3 BB but, not as much in the Rev4. Too much airflow, or tank shape? Not really sure but, something was different.

I can use either but, the Nautilus coil is a pleasant change!

I think what y'all were/are experiencing with the Nautilus coils in other tanks is...the power delivery.

Reminds me of the first time I tried a Provari...

I couldn't believe that the same old cartos I'd been using were really the same ones, once they'd had the electric gold of a Provari chip passing power through them!

Same goes for the BBox.

I run a 0.7ohm Nautilus coil in my Kabuki, and have very different experiences when the tank is on a ZNA vs on a Radius.

Same goes for the same coil in a Rev4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread