Status
Not open for further replies.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
I was on Facebook earlier, and came on a post on a popular eliquid vendor's feed. The poster was asking what is in eliquids, and how heat affects the eliquid for vaping. The conversation went to elitists making rude comments about new vapors, and some of the equipment (i.e., anything that is not sub-ohm, apparently). One poster stated that they were afraid to ask questions about what coil ohms would work best with their equipment, etc. This is normally a very helpful, friendly Facebook group. I could not answer his questions, since I do not have any experience with the equipment he is using, but I did suggest that if he had any questions that he felt awkward about asking in that group he should come on over here to ECF for help. There are many knowledgeable members on this particular vendor's Facebook group, with experience ranging from rank beginner to vaping for several years, and it makes me sad that some members seem to be turning on each other when we need to stand together and stand strong.

ECF is my go to for information on hardware, eliquids, etc. I plan to pick everyone's brains for information on external battery mods and tanks that can easily be rebuilt by a "woman of a certain age" with bad eyes and arthritis. I am also going to be checking out the DIY Forum for the best places to get nicotine and flavorings, and starting to make some of my own eliquids well before I cannot buy premade.

My thanks to everyone here for all the help and advice - past, present, and future.

If it has not been mentioned in a post before, you can support CASAA financially by downloading the iGive app (it's free) and choosing CASAA. When you shop online, look for the iGive umbrella, and make sure you click it. A small portion of the amount of your sale will be forwarded to CASAA to help the cause.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
"Keeping the spirit rolling" ... Nice way to put it and a secret I think to doing that is for each of us to tolerate and be understanding of the many variations in the simple word 'Vaping'.

While one is inhaling straight into the lungs at 125 watts , another is tootle puffing a 2.0 pen type starter.

A third is totally stumped as to why anyone would buy a 4 pack of coils when they could literally deck the halls with a 500 foot roll of Kanthal !

A fourth hides his own wisdom and hopes everyone will eventually come to the 'precious truth' that dripping into a speckled deck the size of a shot glass and that actually changes colors as you vape is truly the 'way to go'. Such is the variations of the vaping life and this post only scratched the immediate surface !
For sure ,vaping is yet another sight for the 'six men of Indostan', and vaping is the next elephant in the room.

JC_you_rock.gif

I just wish I could like that post more than once!

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
i'll be first to admit there were a couple reasons for me personally to stay away. Cost of shinyitis (never had it real bad), being content with my current set-up (at that time) and experiencing the younger enthusiast crowd coming on board making it seem more of a ...... contest than hooking up smokers with something to help them stop smoking. That said the resulting innovations have been great for "my" vape experience.
I just want to not smoke, and I like to keep things simple. I am waaayyy behind the curve tech-wise and I'm okay with that. Whenever I feel a need to upgrade my gear, I come here to do research, but it's tough weeding through the 200W TC cloud-blasting bling mods/tanks of the day to just find something serviceable, something tried and true, something I feel good about investing my time and money (which ls limited) in. (edited to add: this is especially crucial now that the gear we buy may have to last us for life)

Thank Google, the info I want is here, it just takes a lot of digging. And I mean a lot. I mostly feel lost and outdated here, but I persist and find the gems that will work for me. The mood has changed since I first joined, but there are still so many who are willing to help, bless them.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
It's still about what works to keep off the smokes as far as I'm concerned. Although the RX200 is massive compared to the smaller vapes I enjoy, I used a friend's recently with a Vision Vivi Nova and it bucked down to a low wattage beautifully! Instead of massive power per vape, it would likely give me a long weekend of battery.

I see you use a Coolfire IV in your signature. What an evolution we've had when such a small versatile device can be had for about what the original eGo batteries cost!

Different strokes for different folks!

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
We can help people who come here and ask. A lot of those million have no idea what's coming. Though it is nice to see new people showing up and asking questions.

My grandson went to see a friend last week who lives in an apartment with a couple of other guys, they all vape. He asked them what they thought of the Deeming and they said, what's the Deeming? After he told them what was going on one of them said, :censored: I'll just quit vaping when I can't get juice any more, and sell all my gear. I don't know if he was an ex-smoker. Grandson asked him to call when he's ready to sell his stuff.

A while ago I had a furnace guy round. He saw me vaping and pulled out his mod. I asked him what he thought of the upcoming Indiana regs. Same thing, he had no idea it was happening.

I assume most of those people buy their supplies at vape shops. I guess they didn't want to upset their customers.

Seems like there's a lot of us here but really we are just the tip of the iceberg.

That's the rub. For x members actively posting, there is y lurking and z not even aware of whats going on.

If you drop by a convenience store and pick up a ciga-like instead of your usual tobacco sticks, you are a vaper.
Not overly concerned with coils, mods, liquids and thus very likely not even aware that a lot of the stuff on the shelves is bound to get the FDA axe....

Is always the rub - the silent majority. Not seen or heard because of just that... being silent.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I was bowled over when I told some fellow vapers about the new regs, none had any clue. Interestingly the youngest of them (20 something) said "isn't it illegal for the government to do that? Just when I thought there were no more future republicans........

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I have been away for awhile, got busy, liked what I used, then heard about deeming and flew back to ECF for the real scoop. We are all in the same boat and right now the boat has been hit hard by FDA and taking on water, we only have so much time to get our lifeboats launched and seeing everyone pitch in is a wonderful thing :) I thank ecf for all the good that has helped vapers for years and years. What a great community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread