Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
would that be 1 drop flavoring to 30 drops PG?
Nope. My original re-write calls for 5 drops flavor concentrate diluted with 15 drops PG (or unflavored blend). So, to halve it, keep the 5 drops flavor concentrate but double the PG to 30 drops.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Nope. My original re-write calls for 5 drops flavor concentrate diluted with 15 drops PG (or unflavored blend). So, to halve it, keep the 5 drops flavor concentrate but double the PG to 30 drops.
Whoops... that's what I thought I typed. Goes to show you shouldn't get distracted while on ECF, not just while making juice. Lol

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    @IDJoel I'll send you a PM for the word doc or spreadsheet of your lower % testing. I remember the day Bill first showed and explained that list, then the ensuing conversation. Shortly afterwards you presented yours, but being TFA only I didn't manage to save it. I had remembered your template, but searching was futile. You're a savior.

Similar to you, I'm a tank guy or single coil rdta guy. I test on a small chamber single coil rda. With all these Chinese New Year sales I was thinking of picking up a few clone Hadalys just for testing

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    With all these Chinese New Year sales I was thinking of picking up a few clone Hadalys just for testing
    I am not familiar with those. I did a quick google search and see what they look like but I can't get a feel for the overall size. Diameter is given but the height looks taller than a Derringer. Do you own one of these?

Reactions: Kenna

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I am not familiar with those. I did a quick google search and see what they look like but I can't get a feel for the overall size. Diameter is given but the height looks taller than a Derringer. Do you own one of these?
    They are a bit taller than a Derringer,but the inside chamber is smaller than the Derringer,and the Hadaly puts out amazing flavor.I don't normally like single coils,but it's all i have used since getting it about 3 weeks ago.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    They are a bit taller than a Derringer,but the inside chamber is smaller than the Derringer,and the Hadaly puts out amazing flavor.I don't normally like single coils,but it's all i have used since getting it about 3 weeks ago.
    Awesome! Just when I thought I was done chasing gear... sorta. :D:lol::D Thanks for the input anyway. Are you using an authentic or clone? $70 for an authentic is a bit more than my wallet can tolerate these days. Are you aware of any differences in performance?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I haven't heard of the hadaly. I've been in search of a good dripper for trying flavors. I tried a few different rda's but haven't found one that I really like besides an Achilles clone that someone here turned me on to. It's a mtl dripper. I currently have a mad hatter mini set up with dual coils but am not crazy about it. Normally I run rta's.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2014
    So. MD
    If anybody is looking for a decent cheap testing RDA, see if you can find one of the old Smok Squids. There's a zillion different versions from different manufacturers, but they're just itty bitty baby aluminum top cap 2 posters with no well about 16mm wide with a 510. Fit flush on an eGo. I've seen them recently for sale for about $2 each. That's what I use, as they don't take much juice to wet fully, and you can wick a bunch of them so your flavors don't overlap. The one downside is depending on your vape style, you might need to take a drill bit to the airflow, a single 1mm kills me.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    The I-go L was is and always shall be my testing atty. I put a little bow tie wick in it and drip a few drops on it. To me, this gives a true flavor profile. You can change flavors without rinsing since there is so little liquid or a quick rinse in warm water and a quick dry fire makes it good as brand new.

About $6 domestically.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    $70 for an authentic is a bit more than my wallet can tolerate these days.
    Haha,tell me about it,my wallet would probably run away if i tried to spend more on an rda than most of my mods have cost haha.
    Anyway,to answer your question,yeah mine is a clone.I have seen a few people who have both authentic and clone say they vape the same,and only noticeable difference was the finish on them.
    Now,there are a few different clones out there.One of the most popular ones is the Sxk which Fasttech sells,but i have seen several people say the bottom o-ring on that one is too tight and makes the top cap really hard to get off,i have not used that so not sure though.I got mine from another Chinese company called 2fdeals and mine is made by Shenray,i have no complaints at all on this version.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    @IDJoel Thanks, and I see the others have answered about the Hadaly. I don't own one yet, but from the reviews it should be a step up from my well worn tobeco velocity mini. I see that 3f has the SXK clone for $15 with a 20% discount at the moment.
    The velocity is capable of more airflow,but personally i think the Hadaly puts out much better flavor.It still has good airflow too,i do direct lung hits with no issue,but those who like huge airy draws may think the Hadaly is too tight.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I had been using an Achilles clone for testing. It's a MTL dripper and it's pretty good but I thought since I'm using mostly rta's and lung hit that I should try to find a dripper that has more airflow. I've tried several now and am about ready to just go back to the Achilles.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    I use the Achilles clone as my daily vape (if any one wants to get rid of one PLEASE let me know) but I find the wells are so deep that switching flavors is a pain in the but. That is why I use the little I-go. In my oppinion, lung hitting does not give any where near the flavor profile that a MTL rig can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread