Not open for further replies.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Well, I put a little of my spearmint in a Pro Tank and tried it. Not a good idea. It was way too strong. I grabbed a bottle with 5 mls of Mango juice in the bottom and added a few drops of Spearmint juice to it. Not completely terrible. My take right now is that it should be used in tiny amounts as a secondary flavor.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I had a rather serious obsession with Wintergreen when I first started vaping and DIY. I found the simple addition of a nondescript "candy," or even a simple sweetener such as TFA's Sweetener or stevia; would give a gum-like vape (marshmallow and/or meringue helped "thicken" mouthfeel). Adding a light cream (custards/bavarian creams were too heavy here), and a touch of vanilla, as well as a touch of sweetener; would provide a Certz-like vape for me. The addition of menthol, or koolada, helped provide the missing "cool" notes. And, with the wintergreen, I found just a hint of peppermint (0.50% or less) would help fill out, and deepen, the overall "mint" part of the profile.

I am not much of a spearmint fan, but here is a recipe I saved for future consideration, from the paddymx files (credit goes to @Myk for sharing; and here is the link to their original post):
upload_2017-6-22_17-21-45.png

Disclaimer: I have not tried this recipe, so these are only my brain droppings, but it seems to be in line with my own wintergreen use. I am not a distilled water fan, so I would mix this without.
:toast:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I got several new flavors in my last order and was craving something new. On a whim I threw this together yesterday. It's pretty good but I'll probably lower the custard to 1% or leave it out next time.

4% Cap tangerine
    4% Cap mango
    4% Cap golden pineapple
    2% Cap vanilla custard

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    We need to get this thread going again with some new recipes. I've hit a point where I'm getting tired of all four or five of my regular mixes but I'm not sure what I want to make. I need some fresh ideas.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 16, 2013
    I have a few experiments trying to find a good creamy custard base again...

Here's what I have so far after some trial and error - I did some google-fu about EM/Cotton Candy because I don't use them in any of my juice. I'm very impressed with how the EM is reacting to the custard/flavor notes so far. I'm a shake_n_vape type of mixer and it seems the higher level of EM is helping speed up the "smoothing" of what traditional steeping does.

10% CAP Vanilla Custard v1
    4% TFA EM
    2% TFA Marshmellow
    2% LF Coconut (Lotus Flower)

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Someone was talking about Green Apple recently. I was trying to get that one together without success but I think I'm getting closer.

Someone suggested adding some TFA Smooth. I added 2% smooth to a bottle of not very good green apple mix and put it on the shelf. Just got it down and it tastes pretty good now.

I lost track of what was in the original mix. I think it was 8% green apple, with 2% each of sweet cream, vanilla crème, and honey. Maybe some sweetener.

Don't know if it was adding the smooth which improved it, or letting it sit for a while.

I've had Smooth for a while. Always thought it was just a neutral additive that helped tone down ingredients which were too sharp. But I read here recently that it's actually a mild tobacco.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I've had Smooth for a while. Always thought it was just a neutral additive that helped tone down ingredients which were too sharp. But I read here recently that it's actually a mild tobacco.
    TPA's website does have it grouped under the "Tobacco and Wood" catagory; but they really don't have a fitting catagory for adjuncts/additives. I have never noticed any "tobacco" notes when I have used it. I have always thought of it as being "kinda-sorta" similar to FA's MTS Vape Wizard (though MTS is quite dark; compared to the clear of Smooth).

From their website:
    upload_2017-6-29_14-45-23.png

which reads very similar to the MTS (mellow, thick, and smooth), though there is no mention of achieving results by shutting down certain taste receptors, in the manner of MTS. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they are the same thing, only that they (sound like to me) that they are trying to achieve similar results.

For comparison:
    upload_2017-6-29_14-59-26.png

Both FA's MTS-Vape Wizard, as well as Flash, are frequently mentioned as additives primarily used with tobacco flavor concentrates. Could that be why TPA/TFA chose to put their offering in the Tobacco and Wood catagory; especially if they were trying to create a similar offering with their Smooth?

I do have to admit that I have NEVER even thought of trying MTS, or Smooth, as a stand-alone mix, so I am only speaking from very limited use of each.:)

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    TPA's website does have it grouped under the "Tobacco and Wood" catagory; but they really don't have a fitting catagory for adjuncts/additives. I have never noticed any "tobacco" notes when I have used it. I have always thought of it as being "kinda-sorta" similar to FA's MTS Vape Wizard (though MTS is quite dark; compared to the clear of Smooth).

From their website:
    View attachment 667799

which reads very similar to the MTS (mellow, thick, and smooth), though there is no mention of achieving results by shutting down certain taste receptors, in the manner of MTS. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they are the same thing, only that they (sound like to me) that they are trying to achieve similar results.

For comparison:
    View attachment 667803

Both FA's MTS-Vape Wizard, as well as Flash, are frequently mentioned as additives primarily used with tobacco flavor concentrates. Could that be why TPA/TFA chose to put their offering in the Tobacco and Wood catagory; especially if they were trying to create a similar offering with their Smooth?

I do have to admit that I have NEVER even thought of trying MTS, or Smooth, as a stand-alone mix, so I am only speaking from very limited use of each.:)

Funny how that goes. So Smooth isn't tobacco based after all. I knew it, then I didn't know it for a while, now I know it again. At least until someone else tells me different. Guess I'm easily led.

It does seem to work the way they described it though.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Funny how that goes. So Smooth isn't tobacco based after all. I knew it, then I didn't know it for a while, now I know it again. At least until someone else tells me different. Guess I'm easily led.

It does seem to work the way they described it though.
    :lol::lol::lol: You're not the only one!

I only shared my understanding. I claim no accuracy!:D (Note: my understanding changes faster than the temperature in my atomizer!:p)

Reactions: Kenna

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I read that flash is supposed to simulate the taste/feel of nic. I don't know if it's true.
    I have not tried FA's Flash. But, after reading FA's own description: "Add a bit of spiciness in your preparations ;)" (that's it in its entire glory;)), and translating the Italian reviews that were attached to it; the most common word repeated was "chile," followed closely by "pepper." That, and the english reviews/comments I found on ECX, makes it seem like people who are looking for added throat hit/burn, are the ones who rate it highest. That's not anything that would be in my wheelhouse.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    makes it seem like people who are looking for added throat hit/burn, are the ones who rate it highest. That's not anything that would be in my wheelhouse.
    I agree.After getting over the initial cravings when i first started vaping,i eventually started working up higher vg % to get away from the throat hit,so definitely don't want anything that is going to replicate it haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread