Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Interesting quote. I'm curious where it came from?

I only ask because I've google searched the entire quote, and I've searched sentence by sentence for any part of the quote. Every google return sends me back to this posting. And nowhere else.

Search the FDA deeming docket page on regulations.gov. The comment number is posted with the quote in the OP. It's unlikely google indexes this website.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Good thoughts! Did anyone else notice that in the last decade the odor was extremely pungent? I smoked for a long time and I never noticed the odor being that bad. It embedded itself in everything. Thank god I don't have to wash walls, or 10 panel drapes anymore. We better get the EPA to investigate whether big tobacco snuck us a mickey.

My friend who is "certified" to help people quit is against vaping because she didn't need to vape to quit. She's more stubborn than usual about it too which is why I think the current program drills it into their heads.

One of the things that will probably have to be proved in hindsight is that quitting today is not like quitting even a decade ago. tobacco companies have admitted to adding things that make cigarettes more lethal, harder to quit than they were even in the 80's and 90's. The additives didn't up the nicotine content. There are also sub populations that are probably using nicotine for other reasons, a form of self-medication. As a substance, nicotine is poorly understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread