The next step (is there a chance even a small one?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
CT
I wasn't sure if I should send this as a message or post a thread but I figure if I made a thread others could give thier opinion also. I dream of a GG box mod with vir technology and the ability to switch to wattage control by the electronic chipset. I also see in this perfect GG box mod the ability to use any atomizer that uses a 510 connector. But what really makes this special is it can take any atomizer and make it vir safe (like genesis or dripping attys) by using cotton and titanium wire. Now here is the hard part. Many genesis and rda style attys have a set of holes on the front (or sides) and you want them to line up with the front of this new GG box mod so you have made a way to unlock and rotate the 510 connector then lock it again so any atomizer can be used to the safest way, temperature regulation!!

What do you think can you do it? Would you do it? Many collectors go crazy when the atty does not line up w the box mod. You would have major advantage over all others by incorporating vir and a rotating adjustable 510. I know if anyone could do this it would be you. I love my few gennys almost as I love my GG's but the I keep thinking about the oxidation thing and it bothers me a lot. Vir w a genny and cotton could be incredible!!! Heck even the people that like to drip would be able to use it too!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Icy,VIR works with drippers too:)

As for the vw function, its totally useless if we have temperature control.

Let me explain you better: With a VV or a VW device you increase watts so you increase temperature but you dont control the temperature. That means burned taste, burned wick, acrolein, formaldehyde, acetaldehyde etc. As you see, a VV - VW device does the same but without the safety of VIR and without the steady taste of VIR (steady temperature means steady taste).

MaligknoGDL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Guadalajara, Mexico
im sure that imeo makes the vir chips widely available we will soon start to see box mods whit his technology but i doubt that would be anytime soon, unless you take yours out of your proteus and make a custom box mod yourself.

and what imeo says its true, why do you need watts and volts when you have a real temp control, now a screen for VIR on a box mod that would be useful :D

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Yes yes I agree. So about the other stuff? Box mod, adjustable connector, use w any atty on the market?

box mod is a project that can be made but much later Icy. As for the connector that can rotate so all atties can line up their engraving with GG engraving on a box mod, thats impossible. The reason is that VIR requires very good connections, so atty has to totally sit on a GG mod to let current flow well. A rotated connector isnt a good connection at all

What is can be done to line up engravings: Engrave the body and connect body and base with o-rings only, so the body can rotate against base. But the connection is still not good

IcyX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
CT
unless you take yours out of your proteus and make a custom box mod yourself.
Pffft what are you nuts? Like I'm going to destroy my proteus....

why do you need watts and volts when you have a real temp control, now a screen for VIR on a box mod that would be useful :D
I agree that a screen would be very useful but to use other non GG attys (I know the blasphemy) VW could be very useful also. If I were to get one for my girlfriend who is not into rebuilding yet she would be able toss a tank of some sort on top until she could take on the challenge of rebuilding other atomizers, then she (or anyone) would have a mod they could use w attys that are not rebuildable until they start using rebuildable. I say this from real life expierence, the mod she was using broke (non GG, all in one box mod and atty) and instead of picking up one of my devices she bought a pack of cancer sticks and now she smells like smoke again (yuck). I'm not downplaying the advantages and safety of vir technology only saying that I aggree w Imeo vir is better but to have options for people less inclined in skill is still nice.

box mod is a project that can be made but much later Icy. As for the connector that can rotate so all atties can line up their engraving with GG engraving on a box mod, thats impossible.
Imeo you have proven time after time, nothing is impossible some things are just harder to make, and then you make them :)

What is can be done to line up engravings: Engrave the body and connect body and base with o-rings only, so the body can rotate against base. But the connection is still not good
it's not so much the engravings as the air holes that need to line up with other atomizers. Take a genesis atty and instead of a SS mesh wick use cotton and poof any atty is now able to be used and vir temperature regulated. No having to hold the thing at a funny angle or upside down to get it to work.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Pffft what are you nuts? Like I'm going to destroy my proteus....

I agree that a screen would be very useful but to use other non GG attys (I know the blasphemy) VW could be very useful also. If I were to get one for my girlfriend who is not into rebuilding yet she would be able toss a tank of some sort on top until she could take on the challenge of rebuilding other atomizers, then she (or anyone) would have a mod they could use w attys that are not rebuildable until they start using rebuildable. I say this from real life expierence, the mod she was using broke (non GG, all in one box mod and atty) and instead of picking up one of my devices she bought a pack of cancer sticks and now she smells like smoke again (yuck). I'm not downplaying the advantages and safety of vir technology only saying that I aggree w Imeo vir is better but to have options for people less inclined in skill is still nice.

Only problem is Imeo doesn't want to make a VW device because Evolv has VW patented. Although I don't completely understand this because plenty of other companies make VW devices and I know they don't have Evolv's permission. So I am wondering how all inclusive that patent is.

Now an obvious solution would be if they made Titanium coils for the mass produced clearos they anyone could use VIR

Returnity

Mar 18, 2014
US
Only problem is Imeo doesn't want to make a VW device because Evolv has VW patented. Although I don't completely understand this because plenty of other companies make VW devices and I know they don't have Evolv's permission. So I am wondering how all inclusive that patent is.

Now an obvious solution would be if they made Titanium coils for the mass produced clearos they anyone could use VIR

When you make stuff in China, US patents don't mean ..... When you work out of the EU and run a legitimate business, that's another story.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
patent protects the manufacturer on countries that the product is sold Returnity :)

I dont know what other manufacturers do but I respect patents. Evolv's too of course. I only want to see what other manufacturers will do if/when evolv will ask for rights

I make my own constructions and I dont bother anyone. The same I would like other people do for me. But some of them will not do it, thats why I wanted to protect myself. I dont want to waste 3 years of researching and development :)

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
When you make stuff in China, US patents don't mean ..... When you work out of the EU and run a legitimate business, that's another story.

True enough however Provari is using VW now as well. And even Evolv stated in an interview VW has been used in other industries for years. Not sure how you can patent VW itself. Now specific applications or how it is done or a specific board yes. Honestly though I am no expert so maybe what is logic to me is not the case.

Either way I am super excited about temp control and to a slightly lesser extend temp limiting. This is the future to me and I honestly don't care so much about VW which is funny because initially when Imeo announced VIR wouldn't be VW I was disappointed.

IcyX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
CT
patent protects the manufacturer on countries that the product is sold Returnity :)

I dont know what other manufacturers do but I respect patents. Evolv's too of course. I only want to see what other manufacturers will do if/when evolv will ask for rights

I make my own constructions and I dont bother anyone. The same I would like other people do for me. But some of them will not do it, thats why I wanted to protect myself. I dont want to waste 3 years of researching and development :)

We can not fault you for your integrity Imeo. I totally forgot about all that evolve patent mumbo jumbo. Reading the posts in this thread it all makes sense now.

I cannot help but imagine a poker match with Imeo at the table saying "I see your vw and temp limiting, I raise with real time temp control of vir, call". The others all fold.
For the record I'm not a card player, just too many James bond movies lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread