Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Does this recipe look to be a likely sub. for CLS?
Nicoticket Custard's Last Stand - Le DIY pour les Nuls
Not even remotely in my opinion. Lost me at the second ingredient, CAP french vanilla, and again at orange (orange in CLS? Made me giggle)

CLS I think is largely what it is because of Clarks inhouse vanilla extract. It definitely DOES use CAP vanilla custard V1, though, without a doubt. So does ACB.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Not even remotely in my opinion. Lost me at the second ingredient, CAP french vanilla, and again at orange (orange in CLS? Made me giggle)

CLS I think is largely what it is because of Clarks inhouse vanilla extract. It definitely DOES use CAP vanilla custard V1, though, without a doubt. So does ACB.
Not having mixed up many recipes, I did think a few items sounded odd, but wasn't sure.
I did use CLS when it came in high VG, and liked it. I liked the Crème Brule quite a lot.
Still, I can buy ready to use concentrate for Welsh custard and Virtual Custard, and they're quite good.
I do use Capella V1 custard though in a couple of recipes ...it's really good :)

Partspro

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Winneconne,WI,USA
Yes, I agree with all of that. I liked Clark, he was always helpful, and it must have been painful to wind down what had been carefully built into a multinational well known brand.
But also, I would have dearly loved to see some of those recipes released ...even to suppliers such as the one I deal with in the UK where they make up & bottle many one-shot concentrates to specific branded & named recipes.

We had a lot of fun watching for, and reviewing those new releases.

Clark built a great business and put together the original NuThouse for us to hang out in. The conversations in that place a few years back were IMHO, some of the best of ECF.
If my business were to be regulated out of existence the way his was, I know that I would be bitter as hell about it.
Still would be nice to see him pop in and say hello from time to time.......

Partspro

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Winneconne,WI,USA

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Clark built a great business and put together the original NuThouse for us to hang out in. The conversations in that place a few years back were IMHO, some of the best of ECF.
If my business were to be regulated out of existence the way his was, I know that I would be bitter as hell about it.
Still would be nice to see him pop in and say hello from time to time.......
Yes, and I'd feel bitter too under such circumstances.
Still, we were but the customers, and it would be nice to hear from him now and then.
I am tempted to try it. I have all but one ingredient, and I still have some CLS to compare it to.
There has always been one hard to place flavor in it.......Orange cream?
I suppose a relatively small amount of something seemingly obscure is probably what sets some apart from all the rest. There always has to be that little something.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I just checked the site expecting it to be unavailable, but see This:

upload_2017-3-21_22-1-17.png

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
You guys are more forgiving than I am - I think the FDA has very little to do with NT closing.
Well, not sure . . . I'd call it a bird in the hand thing. NT was quite successful, a lot, and I mean a lot, of zeros in the gross receipts. Kent earned (and I do mean earned) a good living from it, probably just needs a decent investment and a hobby or two to remain comfortable the rest of his days. Now, you can risk that by investing it at a few hundred k dollars per juice flavor per mg level and hope each one passes muster and will be allowed to be sold or you can look for that investment and hobby. I know what I'd do . . . exactly what he did.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Well, not sure . . . I'd call it a bird in the hand thing. NT was quite successful, a lot, and I mean a lot, of zeros in the gross receipts. Kent earned (and I do mean earned) a good living from it, probably just needs a decent investment and a hobby or two to remain comfortable the rest of his days. Now, you can risk that by investing it at a few hundred k dollars per juice flavor per mg level and hope each one passes muster and will be allowed to be sold or you can look for that investment and hobby. I know what I'd do . . . exactly what he did.
Yep, more forgiving than I.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
You Do. :D Try Cap Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (DIY), works good with fruits also. JMHO :)
:laugh: OK, .....and thanks Burnie! Really nice to hear from you! :)

There were only two I found amongst the many flavours available to me on my usual suppliers site - so perhaps they think they're the best too. I had heard that Liquid Barn was supposedly good too, but haven't tried any of theirs. I have had a few of Capella, and find those really good.

Thanks Slouth. I've been lurking here since you started this thread, watching for some news, updates, recipes, whatever. The web site notice posted above by Pictor is puzzling.
It is - but if there's nothing to put on the site, which has obviously been taken down, it's still a paid for web space, so perhaps it's there just in case it's needed again, by someone ...whoever. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread