Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
It looks to me that each leg of the coil is trapped by a tiny set screw too, that'll make rebuilding slightly easier (Nauti rba) ;)
The V1 was basically a miniaturized Kayfun deck in a Nautilus coil head. A bit tiny, but doable. The V2 looks a little more open and free-form having taken some cues from joyetech's Cubis RBA or Innokin's iSub RBA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
So I was diggin thru my vape drawer and forgot I had this Lemo I bought on clearance a couple months back maybe?

Gonna see if its any good :)

jZSAYGi.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
So I was diggin thru my vape drawer and forgot I had this Lemo I bought on clearance a couple months back maybe?

Gonna see if its any good :)
It's no good, you will NOT like it!
Send it to me now for proper care and feeding!

I will have to put it on my new WeeLeaf Pico... :D

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa

O.C.D.MakesMeDoIt

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2016
Arizona
Alas, Muji cotton is not organic--if that matters to you. It's unbleached, that's all. But it's grown with pesticides and is chemically treated.

From the horse's mouth.

Muji Cut Cotton
Hmmmm bummer. Oh well. I figure between all the pollution and potential traces of radioactivity in Japan, and all the "growth hormones" (and lord knows what else) in our meat products here in the U.S. we end up consuming, plus all the chemical preservatives in our food.... I'm not overly concerned about vaping using cotton that was chemically treated with pesticides :D

Even so, still, now that I know this, if I ever decide to switch back to cotton from rayon, and somehow use up what seems to be a lifetime supply of Muji -- then maybe I'll check out a "true organic" cotton next time :)

Thanks for the info, appreciate it! At least now I know not to refer to Muji as JOC, just JC.

O.C.D.MakesMeDoIt

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2016
Arizona
I just moved it this time but replacing would probably be better.

Thanks TD, nothing new under the sun huh. :D I am using less wicking above then the folks in that thread but the results are about the same. Novelty or necessity, not sure yet. :w00t:
Wouldn't a wick sitting atop your coil be like an extra "barrier" the vapor needs to get thru before exiting out chimney to our awaiting lungs? or maybe act as a diffuser? Or necessitate needing to up the power a little to compensate? :confused:

Then again, I've been thinking about feasibility of trying a vertical coil in Prometey:wub: -- would probably be somewhat inefficient. That'll be one of those tests that will wait until I have a boring nothing else to do day. Could be a looong wait.

O.C.D.MakesMeDoIt

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2016
Arizona
Yes. Cotton tends to compress a bit when wet, rayon doesn't. So it needs to be a bit tighter inside the coil than if using cotton.
Now I'm really confused (not an uncommon thing for me, lol).... but, doesn't Cotton EXPAND when wet as it absorbs more liquid? And rayon tends to COMPRESS or collapse a little when wet? Hence the usual advice of not overwicking with Cotton because as it expands it will choke juice flow; And the opposite with Rayon -- if you don't use enough it will compress enough to shrink away from making full contact with your coil? (assuming wick is thru coil, not around it like a vertical chimney coil would be wicked).

EDIT to add: I realized I may have interpreted what you said backwards, or the part I marked in red is contradictory?. Or maybe I need more sleep?

:confused:

Last edited:

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Now I'm really confused (not an uncommon thing for me, lol).... but, doesn't Cotton EXPAND when wet as it absorbs more liquid? And rayon tends to COMPRESS or collapse a little when wet? Hence the usual advice of not overwicking with Cotton because as it expands it will choke juice flow; And the opposite with Rayon -- if you don't use enough it will compress enough to shrink away from making full contact with your coil? (assuming wick is thru coil, not around it like a vertical chimney coil would be wicked).

EDIT to add: I realized I may have interpreted what you said backwards, or the part I marked in red is contradictory?. Or maybe I need more sleep?

:confused:
He meant it other way around I believe, you are correct though.

Cotton expands, rayon shrinks a bit once all the air has escaped the wick.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Wouldn't a wick sitting atop your coil be like an extra "barrier" the vapor needs to get thru before exiting out chimney to our awaiting lungs? or maybe act as a diffuser? Or necessitate needing to up the power a little to compensate? :confused:

Then again, I've been thinking about feasibility of trying a vertical coil in Prometey:wub: -- would probably be somewhat inefficient. That'll be one of those tests that will wait until I have a boring nothing else to do day. Could be a looong wait.

It's just a wisp of rayon on top, try it it takes seconds to do. Just trying to keep the top and bottom of the coil at similar temps and have the top cool quicker after a vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread