RTA/RDA what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
in flux
IMO big attys with big powerful coils can provide MORE flavor. But I find smaller attys and less power tends to provide BETTER flavor. BEST depends on the balance of MORE flavor and GOOD flavor.

Beer tastes the same when guzzled, but you will enjoy it more by the sip.

this is good advice. what inside diameter coils are you running? I would suggest you try a small i.d. set, like 2mm, if this is smaller than what you're using and see what your flavor is like.

some tanks, looking at my goblin mini, give better flavor than many (all of my) drippers (except the magma). your troll, however, can definitely be set up properly for decent flavor. I am like you, an efficient vaper, and mostly use rta's, but I do like building, so I've tried a lot of setups in lots of tanks and drippers. I really like twisted wire for flavor, claptons are great too, but twisted is super easy to make (claptons are easy with some practice).

I would suggest a simple 28/28 (7 wraps) or 30/28 (6 wraps) or 30/30 (5 wraps) twisted wire for a dual coil build with a small coil inside diameter (should be around .4 with duals and an 1.8-2mm i.d.). I believe you would find the flavor better than the subtank, and capable for flavor testing liquids. good luck!

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I am afraid you are missing the point and I`m not in the mode to argue. If one single tenth of an ohm represents the grand cannon to you, so be it. :?)

wasn't trying to argue.... But yes it does, as I mostly vape above 1ohm. A tenth is a big deal, .5mm of ID is a big deal, and .105mm of wire diameter is also a big deal.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Aeolus, Marquis, Veritas, Magma, Vector, koh gen do, clapton coil, if you've never used any of these then you might not understand the difference, what you have is designed for direct lung inhaling with large airflow, large low ohm builds, dense warm hot vape, even semi closed, which is not what the deck/ chamber was designed for.If you put your same build with koh gen do, in this Authentic Sapor RDA by Wotofo - 101 Vape you would start to understand.

TonyB66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
London, UK
Lots of good replies so far. The amount of airflow in your RDA is diluting the flavour it is producing with your coil set up. Close down the airflow and build bigger coils (try a Clapton wire or even better fused Clapton) to give you more surface area to vaporise more juice. You can buy ready made Clapton Wire now so you don't have to learn how to make that. Or use wire with lower resistance and build a longer coil. Another option would be a parallel wire build to lower your resistance and give you more vapor.

If you do get to try another RDA like a Aeolus V1 or Tugboat, or Vertex you will see the difference between what airflow you have and a true flavour chasing RDA. Less airflow and a more enclosed chamber make a lot of difference.

Reactions: VHRB2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread