The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Target

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
East TN
Received my BW4 order today and I know it needs to steep a while but I could not wait! Here are my first impressions:

First impression was, Whoa - this isn't the same, not even similar. So, I tried the old and new side by side for several minutes. The longer I vaped, the more I realized this RY4 "grows" on you (as several have mentioned previously). I haven't vaped BWB's RY4 in a very, very long time so it took a while to warm back up to it. The tobacco base in BW4 is practically the same, the vanilla is not as pronounced and I haven't made my mind up on the caramel yet. Some will recall how the original had that element that was described as "pine". I still detect that in the original but do not in BW4. The overall flavor profile in BW4 is very close to the original, so much so that I am convinced if you like the original, you probably will like BW4. The aroma of the original is much more noticeable in the original and very low key with BW4. Not sure what is causing that. Can't wait to see what some steeping will do.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Back when BWB RY4 was discontinued because of difficulties in dependably obtaining certain of the flavorings, I speculated that it was whatever flavoring that produced the "piney" element in the flavor profile. That was never confirmed (nor denied), so it remained just an outsider's guess, but I find it interesting that the "pine" flavor of the original is apparently not in the new version.

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
Okay, just finished my first bottle of RY4 from Mr. vape! My new fav for sure. It tastes just like Tribeca, only better with no funky aftertaste. My 15ml bottle I started on yesterday morning at about 11:30am is gone now! This juice is great folks. BTW, I got 50/50 pg/vg and 6mg nic. :thumbs:

Menthologist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
England
Hi all
I'm not one for posting but thought i had to post about FA SOHO. Ive been vaping this for a month now and its such a wonderful vape.
Im mixing it at 20% like FA recommend, Its got like a chinese ry4 tribeca taste to it, I'm hooked, Give it a go and let me know.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Wow mammoth thread. Great efforts all!!

Quick question. Is the Flavourart RY4 mentioned actually RY4 Legend? I can't see RY4 on their website but the RY4 Legend is there.

Thanks

Yes, they're the same. FlavourArt's all-in-one RY4 flavoring concentrate is marketed under both names---RY4 and RY4 Legend.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Hangsen 80pg/20vg RY4.

Best value for great flavor juice going. Have to use premium PV gear between 15-20 watts on a nautilus mini 1.8 ohm BVC or 16w on a subtank with the 1.2ohm coils... This juice needs HEAT.

You cannot enjoy it on en ego plus evod / clearo - it tastes like socks. It needs more heat to make it sing it's true colours.

Usually people have to lower their nic level with it too as it tastes better at lower nic levels than you're used to for some reason.

£10 for 40ml. Nice.

I vape it at zero nic.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Hi @Hotwire! ;) Interesting thought - to revisit some of these juices with the more advanced equipment many of us have today that we did not have years ago. Might change things up a bit. I still like Mr Vape RY4 around 1.8 ohms and 8-9 watts. But back then it was an ego twist! Still the same, dedicated Davide clearo for it though....

Reactions: Cool_Breeze

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Among the many reasons I've "retired" from this thread is the realization that the new, higher-power gear used by so many dedicated vapers would necessitate re-writing every single RY4 review I posted over the thread's four-year history. I vaped at 8-10 watts through most of that time, and did so happily. Now, however, all my low-wattage hardware has been tossed or retired and relegated to permanent storage (I'd gladly give it away, but I don't know any other vapers in this tiny Oregon coast town where I live, and PIFing it by mail is simply more work than I want to take on, given the sheer volume I have of that old hardware). These days, my low-end baseline is 30 watts, and the high end is 70 watts, and almost everything is sub-ohm in my vaping stable.

So, I'll add my confirmation to what Hotwire and others have written---juices taste different with current-generation hardware than they did with our earlier, more modest vaping gear, especially RY4s. (The same seems to be true of NETs---naturally extracted tobacco---but that's a post for a different thread.) To me, this fairly substantial change in the way juices perform and taste with higher-power hardware implies that many, even most, of the RY4 reviews written here by me and others are now historical artifacts. That doesn't mean that the nearly 300 pages of this thread are irrelevant, just that the RY4 reviews, rankings, and other lists can no longer serve as a comprehensive "RY4 Buyer's Guide," at least not with the dependability and trustworthiness they once provided. Discussions of the history of RY4 that are spread throughout the thread are still meaningful, of course, perhaps more now than ever, but most of the RY4 reviews need to go into the time capsule.

Certainly, The Really Big RY4 Roundup thread is still a fine resource for the millions of vapers who continue to use eGo batteries and CE4 clearos or similar hardware. But then, most of those people don't read ECF. Online vaping forums tend to attract enthusiasts who live closer to the technological cutting-edge of the vaping revolution. But, despite the prevalence of cutting-edge, hard-core vaping enthusiasts on ECF, that demographic remains a decided minority of the vapers in the world.

Last edited:

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
I have been spending some time with BWB RY4 and honestly this stuff to me is just not good, it is dull and burns me out after 2ml. I kinda of expected something really great from them and this was not it, maybe if it had some sweet and sour elements to it would have made it better but it has to be one of the worst RY4s I have ever tried...

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Hangsen 80pg/20vg RY4.

Best value for great flavor juice going. Have to use premium PV gear between 15-20 watts on a nautilus mini 1.8 ohm BVC or 16w on a subtank with the 1.2ohm coils... This juice needs HEAT.

You cannot enjoy it on en ego plus evod / clearo - it tastes like socks. It needs more heat to make it sing it's true colours.

Usually people have to lower their nic level with it too as it tastes better at lower nic levels than you're used to for some reason.

£10 for 40ml. Nice.

I vape it at zero nic.

If you'd like to try the Hangsen RY4 in a higher VG mix, they make a flavor concentrate you can mix with your own nic base.

RY4-HS

Just got an email from Mr Vape about a 40% off sale on Thanksgiving day. One of the best I've tried. Any of you that haven't tried it really should and this would be a great time to buy some.

I eventually started just vaping the RY4 "HY4" from Heartland Vapes spiked with different tobacco extracts. About 7 drops of HY4 with 3 drops of tobacco e liquid in a Derringer is about as good an RY4 as you can get, IMO. It's pretty much a tobacco vape with a little RY4 flavoring and it turned out to suit me best. Red Virginia and Sun Cured Turkish from NET.com were my two favorites to add with my RY4.

I'm on my last bottles and I'm not getting any more. Should be quit from vaping for good by the end of the year. I haven't vaped at work in about a month and I just vape at home to unwind a little. It will take some willpower but I've quit more addictive stuff than this.

I wanted to come back and thank everyone for all the great info that has been posted. This thread has added so much pleasure to my vaping and has been a real key in keeping me off cigs (10 months).

Best of luck to all of you and I hope you all have a great holiday season. :thumb:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Just got an email from Mr Vape about a 40% off sale on Thanksgiving day. One of the best I've tried. Any of you that haven't tried it really should and this would be a great time to buy some.
Coupon code blackfriday2015. Coupon good Thursday through Monday.

Reactions: Cool_Breeze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread