billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
what would be your recommendation for best deal out there with all things considered....shipping cost and time, flavor, availability and cost....please- no steeping, i dont have the patience for that, it needs to be ready at the mailbox, lol

gervis

gervis,

All the "high-end" or "special" RY4s (the ones coveted by connoisseurs) are a bit on the pricey side. These would include Janty RY4, Vapor Talk Dulcis, Ikenvape RY4, Vaperite VR4, Backwoods Brew RY4 (on the rare occasions when you can even get it, which is usually for about five minutes every six months), and want2vape RY4 or Rock Star. Many people would include other vendors' RY4s in the "premium" line-up, but these are the ones I think of first.

Further back "in the pack" (think of the Boston Marathon, with the star runners way out in front, then about five thousand people in a huge herd well back from the leaders), almost every juice vendor sells an RY4---well, maybe not EVERY vendor, but most. So you've got literally hundreds to pick from.

Ruling out the wild card of special sales, I'd suggest either Madvapes or Freedom Smoke USA.

Madvapes sells Dekang RY4 in their Custom China Liquids sections. It's pretty good and very reasonably priced (for example, a 30ml bottle at 18mg nic concentration is only $7.89, while a 60ml bottle of the same strength is $14.19. Shipping is $2.99.

FSUSA's RY4 is a different formula, but quite tasty (in my opinion). It's in their Specialty tobacco Juices section. Not as cheap as Madvapes ($15 for 30ml, $25 for 60ml), but fsusa has frequent one-day or weekend sales (usually noted in the Deals and Steals thread in the PIF Forum, link below) where their larger bottles of juice can be purchased at sizable discounts of 25-50% off. Shipping is $5.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals-406.html

Watch for sales that let you try different vendors' juices---RY4 or whatever---for cheap.

Then there's DIY and flavor concentrates (I've made many different DIY attempts at blending my own RY4 and its infinite variations, some of which sucked while others have turned out very well), but that's a whole different thread...

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Freedom Smoke USA.
Hey...
I agree that FSUSA'S RY4 is quite good... but in my opinion, it is SO DIFFERENT... so far on the fringe of RY4 land.

A must try for the RY4 lover... but the most dissimilar.

If you were trying to buy Ikenvape's... and want one closer to that... I'd say go janty, dekang, dulcis, good prophets VG RY4 etc...

I'd say if you want to try something very different and special that you may have never tried... try Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions.
Not RY4... but none of the other RY4's outside the mentioned substitutes truly qualify either...

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Hey...
I agree that FSUSA'S RY4 is quite good... but in my opinion, it is SO DIFFERENT... so far on the fringe of RY4 land. A must try for the RY4 lover... but the most dissimilar. If you were trying to buy Ikenvape's... and want one closer to that... I'd say go janty, dekang, dulcis, good prophets VG RY4 etc... I'd say if you want to try something very different and special that you may have never tried... try Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions. Not RY4... but none of the other RY4's outside the mentioned substitutes truly qualify either...

lasttango,

Yes, you really know your stuff. Or, at least, you know some of the same stuff I "think" I know. LOL.

By the way, in another thread you mentioned that you were hoping that Don at BWB would name his new Hazelnut Tobacco after your moniker---LastTangoBacco. Remembering Bertolucci's movie, wouldn't that be a butter-flavored juice?? Sorry, that joke's been in my head since I read your post, and I had to get it out...

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
i just went to ikv to reorder ry4

both pg and vg are sold out

any suggestions....c'mon folks....have mercy......steer me in the right direction

thanks bill, didnt see your post until i hit enter, lol
i really appreciate it
gervis

Janty's RY4 was available last night in the 20ml bottle. They are out in the 30ml bottles (I bought 3 before they ran out about 2 weeks ago.)

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
By the way, in another thread you mentioned that you were hoping that Don at BWB would name his new Hazelnut Tobacco after your moniker---LastTangoBacco. Remembering Bertolucci's movie, wouldn't that be a butter-flavored juice?? Sorry, that joke's been in my head since I read your post, and I had to get it out..

That's funny... apparently, I wasn't the only one begging for a hazelnut tobacco...

I don't know my stuff- Just my opinions I suppose...

I have tried a lot of RY4's... and one major one we forgot to mention was liquidxpress Taboo... another great one.

Last Tango In Paris... love that film...

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
OMG, this thread has driven me completely bonkers (again). Here I was, happily vaping Frisco, Tampa, my mix of Wyatt Earp and Malty Toffee, and bwb 555---and only occasionally sampling from the many RY4s already steeping in my ridiculously huge juice stash (I turned to RY4s more frequently earlier in my vaping journey)---when out of the blue the IKV RY4 Gold showed up, and I was so foolish as to buy some and start this thread.

Now I've gone utterly mad, looney-tunes, crazy as a hoot owl, off my head, around the bend, etc., and in the process have thinned out my wallet considerably.

Over the past three days I've ordered the following:

32ml of Kentucky Burley RY4 from Ozark Fresh
15ml of Hazelnut Tobacco from BWB
35ml of RY4 from ElixirLiquid
15ml of Riskee Yuice from ESmoke4Life
30ml of Taboo from Liquid Express
20ml of Dulcis from Vapor Talk
6ml each of RY4, Rock Star, and Tabac Especial in a Want2Vape sampler pack
4oz each of Commercial Cig and Honey Tobacco flavorings from Seedman for DIY.

Luckily, JantyWorld is completely out of their RY4, or I'd have probably bought that too. And I managed to regain slight control and come to my senses in time NOT to order another 50ml of premix Dekang RY4 from Madvapes or any RY4 concentrate from Health Cabin! But then, as Scarlett O'Hara so famously said, "Tomorrow is another day..."

Takes me back to bygone days when I collected guitars. Vaping has turned out to be almost as expensive (not really, but close enough), though it takes up a lot less space. Oh well, at least I kicked a 40-year addiction to smoking. I haven't had (or wanted) a cigarette since I began vaping back in October 2010. That alone is priceless.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
OMG, this thread has driven me completely bonkers (again). Here I was, happily vaping Frisco, Tampa, my mix of Wyatt Earp and Malty Toffee, and bwb 555---and only occasionally sampling from the many RY4s already steeping in my ridiculously huge juice stash (I turned to RY4s more frequently earlier in my vaping journey)---when out of the blue the IKV RY4 Gold showed up, and I was so foolish as to buy some and start this thread.

Now I've gone utterly mad, looney-tunes, crazy as a hoot owl, off my head, around the bend, etc., and in the process have thinned out my wallet considerably.

Over the past three days I've ordered the following:

32ml of Kentucky Burley RY4 from Ozark Fresh
15ml of Hazelnut Tobacco from BWB
35ml of RY4 from ElixirLiquid
15ml of Riskee Yuice from ESmoke4Life
30ml of Taboo from Liquid Express
20ml of Dulcis from Vapor Talk
6ml each of RY4, Rock Star, and Tabac Especial in a Want2Vape sampler pack
4oz each of Commercial Cig and Honey Tobacco flavorings from Seedman for DIY.

Luckily, JantyWorld is completely out of their RY4, or I'd have probably bought that too. And I managed to regain slight control and come to my senses in time NOT to order another 50ml of premix Dekang RY4 from Madvapes or any RY4 concentrate from Health Cabin! But then, as Scarlett O'Hara so famously said, "Tomorrow is another day..."

Takes me back to bygone days when I collected guitars. Vaping has turned out to be almost as expensive (not really, but close enough), though it takes up a lot less space. Oh well, at least I kicked a 40-year addiction to smoking. I haven't had (or wanted) a cigarette since I began vaping back in October 2010. That alone is priceless.

Bill,
Please get back to us with your thoughts on these flavors, especially the Risky Yuice. I'd also like to know what you think of the Taboo because I ordered it awhile back and was really disappointed... It just wasn't as good as everyone had raved about (to me). It was nothing like an RY4 to me, especially the original RY4(dekang). Not terrible, just not what I was looking for.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Bill,
Please get back to us with your thoughts on these flavors, especially the Risky Yuice. I'd also like to know what you think of the Taboo because I ordered it awhile back and was really disappointed... It just wasn't as good as everyone had raved about (to me). It was nothing like an RY4 to me, especially the original RY4(dekang). Not terrible, just not what I was looking for.

stillsmok,

Will do. Give me a week or so for everything to arrive and get tried out, then I'll report in to central command for a de-briefing from the field.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Dang Bill!!!

You should've waited till Monday to order from want 2 vape.
Vapenstein Blend goes on sale...The Stockholm should be right up your alley.

That's all right, AG. I got a 3ml 10-bottle sampler (a nice deal at $1.80/bottle) with free shipping. So I'll probably be back at want2vape on Monday, since compulsion doesn't listen to reason.

Given what I've read so far by beta-test reviewers, I feel 90% little-kid-before-Xmas anticipation of the new want2vape Vapenstein series, with a 10% weird dread factor. As much as I like extracted-tobacco juices and respect their various artisan creators, want2vape's Blondie, Alcazar, and Red Pirate have remained "specialty" vapes for me, rather like exotic aperitifs or after-dinner brandies (just a metaphor; I'm not partial to alcohol). Vapor Station---Frisco and Tampa mainly, Tennessee and Phoenix a bit less---and Backwoods Brew---Casablanca especially, but also Hunter's Blend and Honey Flue Nut---get closer for me than Want2Vape's and Vaperite's amazing tobacco concoctions in terms of "palate durability."

But I'll be there on Monday with whatever pittance is left in my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread