billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I am exploring Dulche Di Leche as an excellent addition instead. So far it's perfect at 0.5% or 1% for more sweetness

Tamer,

Dulce de Leche seems popular as an addition in DIY Custards. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be used in an RY4 mix. Maybe some people wouldn't respond to the "cheesiness," but it would definitely add a creamy component.

mattymatt82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Kansas City
Just got in a couple (new to me) RY4s from fasttech.
1. Pirate RY4 - this one has been reviewed here and gets positive reviews if I remember right. I Really like this one so far.
2. Alchemy RY4 - Not sure if this has been reviewed here. Not digging this one very much yet. I will let it steep and see what happens.
3. Hangda RY4 - I think this is Hangsen RY4 under a new name? Have not tried it yet.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Tamer,

Dulce de Leche seems popular as an addition in DIY Custards. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be used in an RY4 mix. Maybe some people wouldn't respond to the "cheesiness," but it would definitely add a creamy component.
yep..and adds sweetness too!

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Of the three kinds of Dulce de Leche flavoring I have — FlavorWest, TFA, and Jungle Flavors — my favorite is FW. While not as concentrated as TFA or Jungle (which is typical for FW flavorings), I prefer the flavor profile.

Weaker isn't a criticism, by the way. In fact, I like flavorings that are less concentrated. The Chinese super-concentrates (Flavors Express, Hangsen, Health Cabin, etc.) are easy to overdo. Sometimes I want to add a tiny amount of flavoring to the eliquid in a tank, and a single drop of the super-concentrates may be too much.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I man after my own heart. If you love Mr Vape and Butterflys (RIP, but I still have about 50 mls), I must try Ohms. I was going to, but 4th of July sales kinda precluded it. Next spending spree I will try it.

As for DIY, a while ago, don't remember when, somewhere in here @billherbst posted a bunch of recipe ideas/recipes/notes. You might search his screen name and recipes. I have them saved in my recipe file. With Bill's permission I can attempt to copy them here, but they are Bill's and I won't post without permission.

I, personally, have tried a few, but nothing is the quite the same. I have a big bottle of Bill's recipe for BKRY4 (NET RY4) that I enjoy.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Hi Bill, long time no see my friend. How's everything and do you still Vape NETs and make your own ?

My days of making and vaping NETs are mostly behind me. I vape mainly fruits and desserts now.

I still vape the occasional NET-based RY4 (Doodlebug's and my own Burley Kake RY4), but that's about it.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
As for DIY, a while ago, don't remember when, somewhere in here @billherbst posted a bunch of recipe ideas/recipes/notes. You might search his screen name and recipes. I have them saved in my recipe file. With Bill's permission I can attempt to copy them here, but they are Bill's and I won't post without permission.

CL,

I regard everything I've ever posted in this thread as public information. You may post whatever you like of mine.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Can anyone point me in the direction of a DIY recipe that has a chance of tasting similar to Mr. Vape/Butterfly's/Ohm's RY4? Starting DIY and need to tackle an RY4 but there are toooooo many recipes to test. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Jack,

One might reasonably assume that making a great RY4 with DIY would be easy. Nope. Many participants on this thread over its five-year history can attest that it's not true. The three "Holy Trinity" flavorings of RY4 — synthetic tobacco, caramel, and vanilla — come in a bewildering array of flavor profiles, and that doesn't even begin to account for the various "mystery" ingredients that are often used to subtly tweak the final mix.

I wish I could offer more encouragement, but I think your chances of coming up with a published DIY recipe that replicates Mr.Vape, Butterfly's, or Ohms' RY4s are entirely hit-or-miss. You might get lucky. Odds are, though, that those retail RY4s will elude attempts to replicate them with DIY. I'm not suggesting that you not try, just that you could spend lots of time and considerable money making RY4s that prove unsatisfactory.

One alternative is to simply buy the largest bottles you can of MrV's, Butterfly's, and Ohms' retail RY4s and enjoy the heck out of them.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Has anyone tried this juice from Jvapes? Sounds good. Pursuit of Happiness| RY4 E-Liquid

I haven't had Jvapes version of RY4. Apparently Jvapes retired it, then brought it back.

I can't tell for sure from the description and customer reviews whether it's a Custom (American-style) or Classic (Chinese-style) RY4. Custom tends to be sweeter, so perhaps Pursuit of Happiness is more Classic.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
RY4 has been my main vape almost since the start, 2008. For 5 years now my ADV is a DIY RY4, very simple in 200ml batches (two weeks vape :pervy:).

10~12% HC RY4 or TFA RY4 Double
2% FA RY4
1% TFA Dulce de Leche

From time to time I add 0.2% or 0.3% of TFA AP.

Five years with the same DIY RY4 all-day-vape. Now that's consistency!

Reactions: undertheradar

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Five years with the same DIY RY4 all-day-vape. Now that's consistency!

Yeap, of course I vape others but the ADV is that one. I have one of those monthly subscriptions with a dessert preference mainly for dripping but for daily on my tanks only the diy ry4 mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

undertheradar

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
AZ
Yeap, of course I vape others but the ADV is that one. I have one of those monthly subscriptions with a dessert preference mainly for dripping but for daily on my tanks only the diy ry4 mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which is your current favorite among commercial ry4 brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread