Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I did not realize how superior the 510 on a REO was until this weekend. A friend had a dna squonker and was fooling with it. It was impossible to get the air slot of the atomizer positioned the way he wanted it. The REO, of course, was no problem. The "O" ring trick from the old days wouldn't work because of the atomizer 510 length. This was no problem on the REO Grand, a twist of the hollow feed screw and it worked like a charm.
This is really interesting. I went from an eGo connection to a REO 510, so have never really compared 510s. Pretty cool.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
More than than too -
- They are friggin' TOUGH. You can yank a tight cap off without much worry.
- They are leak-free. I have a bunch of other mods with other 510's. Good ones. MM, Moddog, Varitube or whatever...most of them have a slow internal liquid "seep" - you get juice on your contacts and have to keep cleaning. My Reos are bone-dry inside...

I did not realize how superior the 510 on a REO was until this weekend. A friend had a DNA squonker and was fooling with it. It was impossible to get the air slot of the atomizer positioned the way he wanted it. The REO, of course, was no problem. The "O" ring trick from the old days wouldn't work because of the atomizer 510 length. This was no problem on the REO Grand, a twist of the hollow feed screw and it worked like a charm.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Good afternoon !
beef-nachos-just-out-of-the-oven-taking-chip.jpg

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Like that as it was the one issue I have with mine is the smooth as top. So is the new delrin cap textured so it's easier to grip??

No, the delrin is smooth, just like the stainless tops were. It isn't quite as slippery as the stainless, though.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
No, the delrin is smooth, just like the stainless tops were. It isn't quite as slippery as the stainless, though.

That's what I figure :) be easy to ruff it up if wanted as well.

Oh.. Just another thing I need to order when I get to it. :) Gona be a crazy parts order that I hope someone has had there morning coffee for! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread