The Rise of The E-Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
When they say they need more studies it means they need to pay the corporations huge amounts of money to do those studies having already reached their conclusions before the study starts, the findings of which will leave them with a monopoly on the market with inferior products, effectively having criminalized anything else.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
There are no studies that prove ecigarettes are successful cessation devices, well, unless you read on here...... Lol or how about look at all the comments submitted to the FDA...

It wasn't a hate video, seemed like they were being reasonable from the defensive side. But it wasn't anything new. All the same arguments.

Restrict age, stop advertising, works for me. Right now it's prevalent enough I don't know how smokers aren't aware of atleast first generation devices.

Most vapers want long term research as I've seen it. That said, I don't think that is a reason for a ban or outrageous taxes. Label them with facts "we know little about the long term effects of these devices, use at your own risk" bam, problem solved.

I think people loosing cushy jobs, and tax revenues from cigarette sales are the main motivators for these types of regulations. If public health was the primary concern these would be welcomed with skepticism instead of the "save the kids!" Arguments and such.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
The Rise of the E-Cigarrette.

Your title sounds ominous, like out of a movie blurb, ...

... The last of the Terminators was destroyed, and John Connor thought he could get a nice rest now. What he hadn't counted on was the Rise of the E-Cigarette!

Depends who smokes them!

T

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
The Rise of the E-Cigarrette.

Your title sounds ominous, like out of a movie blurb, ...

... The last of the Terminators was destroyed, and John Connor thought he could get a nice rest now. What he hadn't counted on was the Rise of the E-Cigarette!

Stamping out cigarettes everywhere..Coming to a theater near you. :laugh:

terminator-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread