The unique differences between smoking Analog's and vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I was just thinking about some of the unique things about vaping that is different from analog's. In the past I had used my analog as sort of a timer.
    I think about about the differences just about every day. 6 months ago, the biggest difference to me was the 'cig in my mouth' thing, similar to what BlueCanary posted. I used to do landscaping work, and 'keep the gnats and mosquitos away' was a great excuse to light one up.. Other times it was just convenient to puff while both hands were busy.. And I certainly don't miss that 'bit of smoke in the eye' thing.. As far as not carrying a pack of timers around anymore, I just look at my watch or another type of timepiece more often.. :laugh:

I miss having a lighter with me..
    I dropped my car keys on the ground one night. I had just embarked on my vapin' journey, so the first thing I did was go for the lighter that USED to be in my pocket.. :laugh:

..sometimes puffing on our batteries equipped with spouts..
    Every day I GAD less, and I 'vape in public' more often.. Just a few days ago, in a parking lot, an older man muttered, loudly, to his wife, "Who knows what he's smoking in there." Since that comment was meant for me to overhear, I rather politely replied, "I'm not smoking anything, and it's a good thing I know pretty much exactly what I'm vapin', eh?" :laugh:

Re: keeping bees & gnats away.
    An imperfect solution might be a very cheap cigar, which you don't inhale & which isn't likely (maybe) to tempt you to return to analogs because it tastes so bad. A few puffs make lots of smoke. I knew a guy who drove a garbage truck who used cheap cigars to mask the odor of the garbage.

Bootiewootsy

ECF Veteran
    Dec 14, 2014
    Port Orange, Florida, USA
    The only thing I miss, is the fact that it took longer to smoke my 120 cig after a nice dinner.. If I vap that long my coil gets hot, so I have to let it cool down or take a vap of one of the other flavors.. I do not miss the cigs at all, my husband still smokes a few and I have to leave the room as I can not stand the smell and of course my asthma starts when I inhale some of his smoke. Hopefully he will eventually give them up totally. I am not the kind to try to push him or say anything to him as I used to hate someone making an issue when I smoked and they had quit.. I really enjoy the flavors and will never go back..

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2014
    Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
    Smoking was a big, REALLY BIG, part of my life. As a retired tech for Ford Mo Co, I would lean on a fender of a car and light up a "Think Stick" to ponder a problem. As a retired Ford Tech and now a professional wood worker, I would sand my wood working with a .... hanging in my mouth. Cutting grass on my lawn tractor was a 3 smoke process. 2-3 butts per beer when drinking, one smoke during a tv commercial break. God, don't let my computer break, better allow a pack, maybe 2 if I had to re-format. Do miss the stress breaks during some family gatherings, but I just vape more. Miss having 2 hands available cuz a mod and tank are tough hanging in your teeth, but don't miss the burn marks on a new shirt from dropping ashes. Ya the change has a big impact on ones life...and I guess "LIFE" is the key word to it all. Long live Vapers!

Puff2K

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    I miss how the poisons in cigarettes opened my lungs up (I have COPD and it's even harder to catch my breath now it seems than before I quit smoking). I also miss the simplicity of smoking and how it regulated certain body functions. But there's a lot I don't miss, so I try to concentrate on that. Besides, my ryo tobacco tastes absolutely disgusting since I stopped using it.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2014
    Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
    I miss how the poisons in cigarettes opened my lungs up (I have COPD and it's even harder to catch my breath now it seems than before I quit smoking). I also miss the simplicity of smoking and how it regulated certain body functions. But there's a lot I don't miss, so I try to concentrate on that. Besides, my ryo tobacco tastes absolutely disgusting since I stopped using it.
    That's what I used , RYO. Got news for you, they all taste like that now...like burnt wood. I've had a .... or two since I started vaping, and the taste makes me wonder how or why I ever smoked them. Former menthol guy, can't even taste the menthol on the cig...immediately take 3 hard hits off my vape to cover the taste of burning wood...yuck!

Reactions: Puff2K

Puff2K

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    That's what I used , RYO. Got news for you, they all taste like that now...like burnt wood. I've had a .... or two since I started vaping, and the taste makes me wonder how or why I ever smoked them. Former menthol guy, can't even taste the menthol on the cig...immediately take 3 hard hits off my vape to cover the taste of burning wood...yuck!
    Yep, me too. I actually smoked one yesterday and it did taste awful. I was missing a menthol vape the whole time I was smoking it. Hours later I was coughing up plegm, from just one cigarette. It's not worth it. Sometimes I get that urge but it really isn't worth it. And it didn't open up my lungs the way I remember either.

Reactions: nvadasz

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2014
    Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
    Isn't it amazing Puff, as to how strong the menthol was on our analogs when we smoked them, but literally nonexistent now? I haven't quite figured that one out yet. The menthol juice I use is just menthol...no tobacco flavor at all. When I first started vaping, I thought the tobacco flavor was what I was looking for....about $50 later trying this juice and that, I come to the conclusion that it was the menthol I was craving, not the tobacco.
    Yep, me too. I actually smoked one yesterday and it did taste awful. I was missing a menthol vape the whole time I was smoking it. Hours later I was coughing up plegm, from just one cigarette. It's not worth it. Sometimes I get that urge but it really isn't worth it. And it didn't open up my lungs the way I remember either.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    Isn't it amazing Puff, as to how strong the menthol was on our analogs when we smoked them, but literally nonexistent now? I haven't quite figured that one out yet. The menthol juice I use is just menthol...no tobacco flavor at all. When I first started vaping, I thought the tobacco flavor was what I was looking for....about $50 later trying this juice and that, I come to the conclusion that it was the menthol I was craving, not the tobacco.
    Yes, me too! There's practically no menthol at all in the analogs, just hot, bitter nastiness. I also have a few menthols here. My favorite is a mixture of SubZero with MBV plain menthol. It's just the cool burst I used to think my cigarettes had but didn't really have at all.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2014
    Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
    Yes, me too! There's practically no menthol at all in the analogs, just hot, bitter nastiness. I also have a few menthols here. My favorite is a mixture of SubZero with MBV plain menthol. It's just the cool burst I used to think my cigarettes had but didn't really have at all.
    Ya, I tried MBV sub zero, Extreme Ice, and Menthol..Like I said, spent a fortune searching. My ADV is from VaperFi. Thier "Mighty Menthol" has something unique about it. I've tried to doctor up other brands to match it, but something is always missing. I think it might be a pinch of peppermint, don't know. Bottom line, off the stinkies!

Reactions: Puff2K
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread