Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I looked up 'predisposed', because I wasn't entirely sure I was using the word correctly. I'm very dependent on online dictionaries.

It was a Perfect Choice.

I don't use Dictionaries much for meaning. Word meaning is perhaps one of my Stronger Suits with the exception of Numbers. It's in the Spelling the Words that I demonstrate a Character Defect.

Spell Check is my Crutch.

Reactions: DC2

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
It was a Perfect Choice.

I don't use Dictionaries much for meaning. Word meaning is perhaps one of my Stronger Suits with the exception of Numbers. It's in the Spelling the Words that I demonstrate a Character Defect.

Spell Check is my Crutch.
I used to get stressed reading your posts with the way you capitalize. After a few months, no more problem, and now I actually enjoy it.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Done.

Overall better constructed than previous surveys. In particular the early parts took in to consideration those of us with a gap between quitting smoking and starting vaping. That fell apart with the agree on a scale of one to ten section. Some of those were very difficult for me. Also not at all user friendly to DIY or those who mostly use unflavored. Have never bought an individual 10 to 30 ml bottle of juice for myself, not even once. Did buy a few ten flavor sample packs early on but now only buy concentrated flavors.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Or that some people look like they are Wearing their Worst Shirt? And with others, it looks like they are Wearing their Best Shirt. When, in actuality, both People are wearing the exact Same Shirt?

I just got back from running to my closet ... :shock:

Yes, I have that exact same shirt, but mine has juice stains ... :blush:

oh yeah, completed the survey too ...

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I just got back from running to my closet ... :shock:

Yes, I have that exact same shirt, but mine has juice stains ... :blush:

oh yeah, completed the survey too ...

Yeah... Don't know too many Guys who don't have a Blue Check Shirt. With or Without e-Liquid stains.

BTW - Did you watch the NFL Draft last night?

0ap3000000657406_video_player_cp.jpg

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I'm not going to rain on anybody's parade, but I do have to ask......

Wasn't anybody else even a little bit taken back that a survey would ask "How many cigarettes you smoked in your lifetime" and only allow a maximum amount response of "100 or more?" I figure I hit 100 in the first couple weeks and many times hit that over a couple days. I'm struggling trying to imagine anybody responding with any of the 4 or so lesser options and drawing any correlations between smoking and vaping. Less then 100 in your lifetime and you're either a non-smoker or very, very young.

Reactions: Rossum

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Yeah... Don't know too many Guys who don't have a Blue Check Shirt. With or Without e-Liquid stains.

BTW - Did you watch the NFL Draft last night?

0ap3000000657406_video_player_cp.jpg

That's a blue-on-white checked shirt. I think the guy in the video had a white-on-blue checked shirt ... :unsure: :D

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm not going to rain on anybody's parade, but I do have to ask......

Wasn't anybody else even a little bit taken back that a survey would ask "How many cigarettes you smoked in your lifetime" and only allow a maximum amount response of "100 or more?" I figure I hit 100 in the first couple weeks and many times hit that over a couple days. I'm struggling trying to imagine anybody responding with any of the 4 or so lesser options and drawing any correlations between smoking and vaping. Less then 100 in your lifetime and you're either a non-smoker or very, very young.

The 100 cigarettes in a lifetime is the standard used for 'smoking related deaths'. I'm guessing that's why they used that number.

The idiocy of that number, though, is, if at, say, 14 or 15 years old, you smoked 5 packs of cigarettes (100) and decided to quit and then later at 98 years old, you died of any smoking related illnesses - copd, lung cancer, heart disease, etc., then your death would be included in the 'smoking related death' stat. :facepalm:

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
The 100 cigarettes in a lifetime is the standard used for 'smoking related deaths'. I'm guessing that's why they used that number.

I hadn't heard that was "the determining standard." No wonder the numbers are so enormously overstated! Seems like anybody over the age of 25 (or so) when they died and anybody currently alive and over the age of 60 (or so), has or will die from a "smoking related illness."

The idiocy of that number, though, is, if at, say, 14 or 15 years old, you smoked 5 packs of cigarettes (100) and decided to quit and then later at 98 years old, you died of any smoking related illnesses - copd, lung cancer, heart disease, etc., then your death would be included in the 'smoking related death' stat. :facepalm:

I have wondered for some time now who it is that is determining if "smoking contributed to the death?" About 15 years ago, my dad died at the age of 76 from a heart attack while undergoing cancer treatment. The mortician managed to interrupt my first few moment of "my time" the evening before the service with an "important question." He said he was completing his paperwork and needed to know if "smoking contributed to his death", whether he should "check that box?" I was totally taken back a) why that would be on paperwork he was required to fill out and b) that I would even be knowledgeable enough to commit to a response. Given that he quit smoking sometime in his early to mid 20's, I would even challenge any medical professional to declare, without reservation, that had he not ever smoked, he would not have died.

At any rate, I consider using the "100 cigarette in a lifetime" as a dividing line for "smoking related illnesses/deaths" as ignorant as using it in a survey resulting in supposed "facts." My money says there is not one single smoker in the history of time that knows when they smoked cigarette number 99 (or 98, 97, 96, 95, etc.) and crossed that magic line to number 100.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013

Intelligent people can distinguish the difference between the government acting in our best interest and the need to continue their revenue stream.

Yup!

And I'm betting this survey will somehow be spun pursuant to that agenda. They could just listen to the UK, but no, that would make sense. I feel in my gut that there would be no survey if it were not for the sake of material to spin in favor of BT, BP, and the government revenue stream.

After all the hate they have shown us and all the evil they have done so far, I will NEVER trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread