The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube

Status
Not open for further replies.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    OD1… howz about you get them to upgrade all of the SX350 line?

I think upgrading the old SX350 chips is very easy. All you need to do is glue a SX350J on top of it ;)

But yeah I know what you mean... so many old mods standing around! 15 watt, 30 watt, non temperature...

It would be great to get a SX350J chip with the same form factor as the old SX350 so you can at least upgrade the old mod cases with a new chip.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    what we have here is the classic case of everybody being spoiled. I'm going to remind everyone that owns dna's they had to buy a new chip every time there;'s an upgrade or new version....including locking resistance on temp board is my understanding....but dont know 1st hand....not the point....which is I think the YiHi uses have had it pretty good for the past year.

On another note of being spoiled......for the power mongers the next software release will increase output to 150W.....hehehe....oh yeah...free of charge :)

Vlad1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2014
    Earth
    what we have here is the classic case of everybody being spoiled. I'm going to remind everyone that owns DNA's they had to buy a new chip every time there;'s an upgrade or new version....including locking resistance on temp board is my understanding....but dont know 1st hand....not the point....which is I think the YiHi uses have had it pretty good for the past year.

On another note of being spoiled......for the power mongers the next software release will increase output to 150W.....hehehe....oh yeah...free of charge :)

Will they be able to push single mode up any or are we at battery limits at 60w?

Edit:
    By the way check your email sales@varitube.com for me. I sent you a question 3-4 days ago and inquiring minds need to know what's up with that. Sent basically the same email to Yihi and no answer yet.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    "Limited to 60W" - As I've just discovered, POWERFUL mode at 60W *DOES* boost the power to 70W. It's a very noticeable difference in heat, and I timed 1 second and the Joule counter incremented by 70. I'm using an Atlantis with 0.3-ohm coil for the record. I've been under the impression that 60W is the limit with a single battery, but it seems that is not the case after all.

Reactions: ThunderDan

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2013
    SoCal-Vegas
    instagram.com
    • Deleted by Unforeseen
    • Reason: P

jka3588

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2009
    Orlando, FL

rhelton

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2014
    spokane, wa
    Here is a J cradle with buttons. Its designed for a G hammond box but could be used in anything. The idea is to cut out a rectangle in the side of the box so the raised section of this cradle sits in from the inside. Looks pretty good I think there are better pics on his facebook.

Boxer SX350J 1590G Cradle by teemu_kangas on Shapeways

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Upgrade is imminent!

150W ridiculous - be safe - and read the safety statement that will accompany it.
    Can disable the gravity sensor - but you need to go back in a re-enable the flip screen
    New Eco mode but really all it does is limit the mod to 40W or 40J......to stop comparisons to battery life to Other mods only running 40W :) Set it to eco and enjoy all the added features I guess.... lol
    I have not had the 007 resistance error

There will be 2 versions I believe. 1 to keep the 120w but take the other stuff and the other will also increase the output. Though they may change their minds and just release it as one. There is for sure 2 different versions for the Mod vs the Chip....different boot logos so pick up the right one. Both are running identical for us. Will also need the new installer they will post.

So keep your eyes out if you want it....should be very soon.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2014
    Earth
    Upgrade is imminent!

150W ridiculous - be safe - and read the safety statement that will accompany it.
    Can disable the gravity sensor - but you need to go back in a re-enable the flip screen
    New Eco mode but really all it does is limit the mod to 40W or 40J......to stop comparisons to battery life to Other mods only running 40W :) Set it to eco and enjoy all the added features I guess.... lol

There will be 2 versions I believe. 1 to keep the 120w but take the other stuff and the other will also increase the output. Though they may change their minds and just release it as one. There is for sure 2 different versions for the Mod vs the Chip....different boot logos so pick up the right one. Both are running identical for us. Will also need the new installer they will post.

Send me the beta. :) Doe's it fix the modes to be more similar to the power output when in Joules mode?

Edit: Will the new installer be backward compatible with the older devices "SX350 v2" or run a separate instance of the two installers?

Last edited:

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    Upgrade is imminent!

The 007 resistance error can be recreated at will. I don't have my mod handy, but if you're interested in the steps to produce the bug I can do it later and post back.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2014
    Earth
    The 007 resistance error can be recreated at will. I don't have my mod handy, but if you're interested in the steps to produce the bug I can do it later and post back.

Post back if you would please. I'd heard some state you could sync the resistance 3 times in a row and it would occur. I did that nine times straight and never got it to error.

Todai

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 1, 2014
    Upgrade is imminent!

So, how's the black paint finish on the new batch?

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2013
    Arlington, Texas - USA
    Upgrade is imminent!

Will this update apply to the sx mini s class? Or only the m class?

Where can I keep up with update status?
    Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm a new sx mini s class owner, and my son has an m class. These are our 2 first yihi mods, always been Evolv DNA users.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2014
    Earth
    Will this update apply to the sx mini s class? Or only the m class?

Where can I keep up with update status?
    Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm a new sx mini s class owner, and my son has an m class. These are our 2 first yihi mods, always been Evolv DNA users.

I'm sure there will be posts all over when it's released. But you can watch the following links if you choose. I'm hitting them a few times a day:)

SXmini maker,SXmini,yihisxmini,yihiecigar,sx350,yihi sx350, yihi sx350 mini, yihiecigar sx350 mini, gravity sensor,www.yihisxmini.com,120w device
    Download-yihiecigar,sx350,Yihi SX350,dna30 30W chip,SX350 35W chip Manufacturers & Suppliers - Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co.,Limited

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread