Status
Not open for further replies.

BulletStopper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Kentucky
I've always been a believer in "follow the money. "

Neither big tobacco or pharmacy wants us to exist because they aren't making money from us. Both have deep pockets to buy lobbyists/politicians (depending on your faith in the system/cynicism).

Both also fund various organizations; American Heart, American Cancer, etc. They also fund research at John Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical, etc.

We (vapers) are a disorganized collection of small businesses and individuals and now act surprised that rules favoring those large organizations passed?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Might be nice to know our e-liquid is being created in sanitized laboratories rather than someone's moldy basement. Right?

You'll be buying your liquids from Big Tobacco companies and no one else. And since they'll have pretty much exclusive control over juice production they'll also have exclusive control over pricing, so expect the price of juice to skyrocket in the next 3 years. You'll probably end up paying around $1 per ml as a minimum once the regulations go into full effect.

B&M shops simply cannot afford the tests and verification process that the FDA requires. Since they survive off juice sales almost exclusively this means that about 99% of the B&Ms out there are going to go out of business. The only shops that will be left will be manufacturer supported shops that specialize in large brand name products, and have major corporate backing.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
You'll be buying your liquids from Big Tobacco companies and no one else. And since they'll have pretty much exclusive control over juice production they'll also have exclusive control over pricing, so expect the price of juice to skyrocket in the next 3 years. You'll probably end up paying around $1 per ml as a minimum once the regulations go into full effect.

B&M shops simply cannot afford the tests and verification process that the FDA requires. Since they survive off juice sales almost exclusively this means that about 99% of the B&Ms out there are going to go out of business. The only shops that will be left will be manufacturer supported shops that specialize in large brand name products, and have major corporate backing.
Exclusive control over additives.

Expect solid proof of post-deeming e-cigs being more dangerous than analogs.

Also expect proof to state "e-cigs found to be more _________ than real cigs" rather than "yeah, we tried to kill you, but we got our proof now".

Also expect FDA, CDC, WHO, ADA, AHA, ALA, etc. to back BT findings for fear of losing funding.

Tapatyped

Reactions: Bad Ninja

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
hey now... I already make my e juice in my moldy bathroom... ;)

Hey now...........I place all my DIY from Clean Capped bottles into a clean or pre-charged(tell ya sometime) Bottles then Cap Shake and bath. Done on my Dining room, in the Same Air I Daily breath<<<<<<<< That Lung thing>>>>>>>>>>>
:cool:

I've purchased Good and Bad e-liquids in the past, but never noticed any Dirty/Moldy Bottles/liquids.:glare: Soon there may be an abundance.:shock:

bfisher

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2013
Springfield, Ohio, USA
Hey now...........I place all my DIY from Clean Capped bottles into a clean or pre-charged(tell ya sometime) Bottles then Cap Shake and bath. Done on my Dining room, in the Same Air I Daily breath<<<<<<<< That Lung thing>>>>>>>>>>>
:cool:

I've purchased Good and Bad e-liquids in the past, but never noticed any Dirty/Moldy Bottles/liquids.:glare: Soon there may be an abundance.:shock:

Wasn't really trying to offend. Just saying a little regulation might not be a bad thing. You never really know what vendors are doing.

Reactions: Jumpin' In...

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
even your cabbages and tomatoes may soon be regulated as tobacco products using that kind of talk pal ; lol

I want to see someone ramp up extraction from other plants and then they can stick that tobacco thing up their..................

Reactions: 7sixtwo

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
I live far outside the USA but within Europe, receive all my vaping supplies from the USA (DIY etc) but live with in the sphere of TPD enforcement. My point being that all of us are in the same boat and will have to fight or deal with this together as one community. The powers at play here are mighty as already proven:
e liquid and it's delivery system are NOT tobacco products
Stole this link from the main discussion thread but pretty much sums it up.
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: FDA E-Cigarette Deeming Regulations are a Disaster for Public Health

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
I want to get sick over this! I will continue to vape, even from brass hardware parts wit aaa batts if I have to. I need to learn to build coils too. Oh the anarchy tastes so good right now...is this lost??? Is the Eclipse done? Has the milkman made his final delivery???

That's not too far from what was done shortly after DSE901/801 pen style e-cigs came out and people starting modding them. The first mod I have is a modified flashlight deemed the Screwdriver. Super-T (no longer in the biz) made some of the first drip tips from brass.

I foresee a lot of new "flashlights" being sold with 410 threaded unscrewable light bulbs that have adjustable brightness from 1-200 watts with momentary switch's:)

They already make those, have some at home. :D

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Have it regulated as e-juice. I don't care what it's called. Just have it regulated. The FDA also regulates food.

Wasn't really trying to offend. Just saying a little regulation might not be a bad thing. You never really know what vendors are doing.
Yeah...

Because our current state of food and drug regulation promotes health and safety.

Have you read the recent releases?

You'll be happily limited to big business offerings and poisoned by FDA approved juices as you wish soon enough.

As opposed to imaginary possibilities of cross contamination.

Tapatyped

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What date will this go into effect? That way we can stockpile.
I bet there are people stockpiling as we read this. News like this makes people panic, and probably for good reason this time. This event has been over 3 years in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread