Throat burns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducaduca

Jul 26, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm using a Joyetech E-grip...I just received some new e-liquid from Vape Wild with a 65%VG and 6 mg of nic.

I have been using Yeti Vape eliquid with 70% VG with 6mg of nic.

Today I cleaned out the tank with some 91% isopropyl alcohol let it dry and put in a new coil head.

Filled it with the new 65% VG e-liquid and primed it then waited a few minutes.

So far...all my vapes have gave me a burning sensation in the back of my throat. I wasn't experiencing this with the 70% VG liquid though. Is the 5% difference between the two resulting in the burning sensation? Is that the "Throat hit"?

ducaduca

Jul 26, 2015
Just to give an update.

I rinsed the tank out with water. It seemed to help a lil bit.

But yeah...I think Vape Juice's 6mg is just a tad bit too harsh like charmed412 mentioned. Because I vaped a sampler of 3mg and it was fine. I'm gonna steep the juices in some warm water and leave the caps off them for a while so hopefully they become a little less harsh.

But overall...I like Vape Wild. They have a great flavor selection and easy to use website. I'd order from them again just a lower nic level.

Murray B

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Underaged registrant

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
Today I cleaned out the tank with some 91% isopropyl alcohol let it dry and put in a new coil head.
Definite no, no! Isopropyl alcohol literally is a poison. Back in the olden days people would drink alcohol, this was straight alcohol, and wind up with alcohol poisoning. The solution was to add ingredients that would make people sick so they didn't want to drink it. Well, you are now Vaping it. Perhaps you're lucky you are not getting sick. As @Topwater Elvis said Vodka, PGA, or even Everclear (Wood Grain Alchol). I actually don't recommend Everclear because of the aftertaste, yuck......

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
I used to get all fenagled about completely and entirely cleaning my tanks. Boiling, dishwasher, ironing, all that stuff.

Now, I dip in a bowl of vodka for a second and rinse under hot water with some finger rubbing.

Could you explain exactly how you iron your tanks?? do you use the steam setting? Iron set for cotton Im assuming or would you use the synthetic setting... do you use starch? ;)

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Yes, but what they aren’t telling you is that it takes at least 12 ounces (375 ml.) of vodka to thoroughly clean a single coil, tank, and vaper. You should do all three to avoid cross contamination and that gets expensive especially when you add in the cost of the mix.
I just use a small amount in the bottom of a cup. I fill it just high enough to cover the parts of the tank, head, tank, and drip tip.

Murray B

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Underaged registrant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread