Tired of people defending the protank ll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gitum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ca
not like a simple "tuneup" rather than a rebuild can make them vape INCREDIBLY well!

So easy even a beginner can do it

I agree with this, but to be fair you really shouldn't have to fix protanks right out of the box as the op had said. I have seen so many more complaints about doa kanger atty heads than any other brand, More flooding complaints, several burning taste complaints, draw complaints (too much air or too tight), ect. Bassicly, when you buy a protank you really never know what you will get. I literally opened my first PT II right next to my friend opening his first. He had a DOA atty, replaced it and he had a really tight draw. My draw was super loose and easy. I have yet to find a brand less consistent than Kanger. Especially in the PT department.

Gitum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ca
i've only used a protank 2 mini . and haven't any problems with it .. my original tank with my starter kit was a smoktech aro .. and i have a puritank .. all of which i love ... i've also got a couple of mt3's which aren't horrible .. maybe i've just been lucky and haven't ended up in "tank hell" ..

I too have actually had great luck with the PT II mini. It was the two full sized ones I have tried that have not really lasted me.

I have 2 pro tank 2's the only way I have found to get rid of the gurgling/flooding is to disconnect the tank and wrap the thing in a paper towel especially over the driptip and swat it down 3 to 4 times really hard then wipe it off and blow once thru the tube that fixes the issue until i refill or heat it up a lot....also just bought 2 of the Kanger Airflow Control Valves which made them totally awesome!! hope this helps if you continue to use them!!

Art02

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Manassas, VA
I get them from China. You can get new ones for the price of used ones. Buy a dozen. And an armful of heads. I heard that you had to .... with "everything". Just decide on a brand. I decided on the Protank Mini V2. I didn't want the V3.

For some reason, two tanks broke and it bummed me out, but now I got more parts.

I am one of those 50+ year old people that used to smoke a lot of cigs. I don't want to go back. So I have backups to backups and at least a year supply of juice. I don't care if my tastes change. I got cheap nicotine on hand. I am worried that it will become illegal and then more expensive or impossible to find. I don't want to go there.

I like the Protank Mini V2. I have a dozen. If I have a problem in the field, I change out the tank. If I have a problem at home, I try and fix it.

I used to spend $350 per month smoking. That is a lot of "stuff" and juice.

My x-wife asked me to make her current husband stop smoking cigs. I said yes. I think he is 1.0 PAD of the kind that has no additives. It has a name that you would recognize. Needless to say, I will lend him stuff to "see" if it can make him quit. He gets to try it for two weeks. If he doesn't like it, I am going to lend it out to others that want to try eCigs for free. I provide all the juice and I got many flavors, and they get to try it for free. I look forward to helping him stop smoking cigs. I am not looking for him to "quit". Quitting seems so final. I still haven't quit and I haven't smoked a cig for a month or so.

I am sure there are other tanks out there. I am fine with the Protank Mini V2. I like the V1 too.

aluren

Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
The Protank 2 was my first tank since I started vaping. I was so frustrated with that I almost gave up completely. It leaks like crazy and half the replacement coils don't work. I was told I wasn't supposed to tighten everything, which makes me even more worried about leaking. The contact to my Provari battery is always somewhat wet, and there was no way I'm going to ruin my $150 investment with this piece of junk.

I'm now using the Aspire Nautilus and have zero issues. The airflow is great, it doesn't leak, and I can tighten everything to make sure it's secured.

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
Something interesting I wanted to share with everyone. Here's an awesome way to stop all the leaking issues with Protank 2. You just need silica/ekowool wick. If you have silica wick, cut out a little piece and put it on top of the coil. If one is not enough, add more. If you have ekowool, you can either use whole of it, or if it does not fit, try to use a fewer strands. The whole idea is to allow lesser space on the sides for the juice to flow into the fire chamber.

I have added enough ekowool on top of the coil that sometimes I get dry hits. When I get a dry hit, I make sure to blow out air through the dip trip (not inhale, blow out). Blowing out air helps in pulling juice out of the tank onto the wick. I don't know why that happens, its just magical. I blow out air, juice flows on to the wick and peaceful vaping :D

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
The Protank 2 was my first tank since I started vaping. I was so frustrated with that I almost gave up completely. It leaks like crazy and half the replacement coils don't work. I was told I wasn't supposed to tighten everything, which makes me even more worried about leaking. The contact to my Provari battery is always somewhat wet, and there was no way I'm going to ruin my $150 investment with this piece of junk.

I'm now using the Aspire Nautilus and have zero issues. The airflow is great, it doesn't leak, and I can tighten everything to make sure it's secured.

In order to stop the juice flowing into your device/battery, you can get an extra ring like this one:

I'm not sure where you can buy it. This ring came with my telescopic Storm GGTS KTS mod. Not a single drop goes into my mod/battery. I do see a little juice leaking out when I blow out too much air into my Protank 2 at times lol.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize it wont fit on any 510 mod (face palm). Maybe you can get an extra 510 to 510 connector and a cover ring to hide it.

I'm looking to get a couple Protank 2s because I want to be able to build my own coils. Plus, they fit my Innokin VTR. I currently have three iClear 30Ss and they are ok but not great. The top wicks don't always wick right, gurgling, coils don't last me that long, not rebuildable, & don't care for the taste of silica. I also purchased a Kanger T3S around the time i bought my first 30S. Really hated it at first. Not much vapage and flooded and leaked like crazy. Thought it was garbage so I set it aside. One day I got bored and took it apart. Fiddled around with the coil & boom, it started working much better. Next, I built my own coil with 28 gauge Kanthal (1.3 ohm) and added organic cotton. Wow, even better! Now my T3S produces good clouds, zero flooding/leaking, & flavor is much improved. Also, the coil is now very durable & easy to service. I find I can dry fire it if i am careful not to get it too hot (don't want to melt the rubber insulator). Coil cleans up nice and then I just add fresh cotton. The only problem now is I go through more eJuice because it wicks so well. I feel optimistic that I can get a Protank2 to work well with a custom coil. I heard Kanger products gets mixed reviews because their stock coils can be hit or miss. However, I like to tinker with stuff so it doesn't bother me too much. Also, had a bad coil head in one of my 30Ss. I fiddled with that one and ended up making it worse. I think all the manufacturers occassionally ship out sub-par coil assemblies. That is why I like the idea of rebuildable coil heads rather than replaceable coil heads.

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
There are plenty of tanks. Protank 2 isnt perfect, i had to swipe rubber on drip tip and make a hole on base to make it work well. After that it works fine for me, i used one with a coil for 3 weeks. Anyway, different tanks fits different people. Its not a tank where you can just fill and forget, it needs some maintenance. Still, i find the EVOD the perfect tank, the only issue is that it requires constant refilling, but i think its just almost perfect for me.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
Maybe I'm just lucky but I have a PT2, a PT3, and 3 mini PT2's and have no issues with any of them. No gurgle, no leak (occasional TINY bit of liquid just on the connector of the Provari). Coils have been lasting 1-2 weeks just with removing and soaking after every couple fills and I use them till the liquid is gone- no topping off... am I in the minority having a positive experience here?

Nope.... I have several PT2's and don't have issues with any of them. They work even better with my rebuilt, organic cotton wicked coils. :vapor:

MaesVap

Aug 31, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread