Titanium coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty84

Sep 9, 2016
Yeah I had a question! Okay I like using temperature control and was wanting to upgrade the coil in my Delta II tank to titanium just for that. However I was also gonna get a Nemesis mod for travel as it's more lightweight and was wondering if it's safe to use on that mod or should I just stick to kanthal? Ohm's law calculator says it will be about 8.6 amps and so I see no reason not to, but the online store said something about battery explosions. What's that all about?

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
Yeah I had a question! Okay I like using temperature control and was wanting to upgrade the coil in my Delta II tank to titanium just for that. However I was also gonna get a Nemesis mod for travel as it's more lightweight and was wondering if it's safe to use on that mod or should I just stick to kanthal? Ohm's law calculator says it will be about 8.6 amps and so I see no reason not to, but the online store said something about battery explosions. What's that all about?

Sorry but you seem to be lost, this is the mechanical section [emoji4]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
@Izan is right. Ti is only for TC. Heating Ti too high can lead to very bad things. He's also right that SS316L (all of the SS, really, but 316L is one of the most common) is a far more versatile wire. However, I know that Joyetech does not make SS coils for the Delta II... You could get the Delta II RBA kit and make your own SS coils... Otherwise, in the Nemesis, stick to Kanthal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread