Too much of a lung hit. Please help? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello, im a newbie to vaping, just recently bought my istick pico+cubis pro. i used to smoke 15~ cigs a day. the first e-juice i got is a 6mg nic -basically what the shop owner told me to get based on my nic needs- currently vaping 0.6 ohms @ 18watts, MTL. but the lung hit i sometimes get is unbearable. what adjustments should i make? :)
Welcome and glad you joined. Don't feel too bad, you are not the first to leap into advanced vape gear and skip the fun of finding what works best for you.
You purchased an advanced starter kit. A starter kit does not necessarily equal a beginners kit. Not to worry, your battery is a very good mod. Might want to do non sub-ohm first (Over 1 ohm coil). You will get great flavor but the cloud production is not as intense as you can produce with sub ohm'g. You may want to invest in a different (beginners) tank that will fit your mod. Something like the Tron-S, with the CLR coils, the EHpro Kayfun Lite V2, Kayfun V5, and the Subtank Mini with the RBA.
Suggest you begin at the start of vaping and learn from the bottom up.
Might like to read:
Guide For New Vapers | Spinfuel VAPE
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
the lung hit i sometimes get is unbearable. what adjustments should i make?
As been said 80VG+ or all VG e-liquid (with very few folks VG may be the problem, then try 80PG+ or all PG). Could also be (among other factors, see below) the type of nic your e liquid supplier is using.
Might like to read:
Wattage vs. Flavor | E-Cigarette Forum
http://diyordievaping.com/2016/02/26/why-is-my-ejuice-harsh-beginner-diy-ejuice-tips/

Reactions: Opinionated

Kaimaikid

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2017
New Zealand
I have the same set up - Eleaf istick pico with the Cubis pro

I am using GlobalVapours royale vape 40/60 with 18mg nic - try the 1.5ohm Clapton coil that came with the cubis and set the wattage on the pico to 10-15 - close the air vent and use the black spiral mouth piece - I find that to be very mellow but mind you I have a 40+ cig habit to kick lol

I have read here that the Nautilus X tank seems to be extremely popular for MTL with the pico using the 1.8ohm coils - apparently seems to give really excellent flavour

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
odd... just a few yrs ago, newbies were given advise to go with higher nic ranges with higher ohms and lower watts ( tootle puffin equipment) to gradually adjust from smoking to vaping.... now it seems the advise is to start new vapers on a hi powered DTL unit with way too much vapor production that will choke one till they are purple.

I would start of drinking wine and then move to Everclear shots... not start with shots of Everclear... just too harsh of a start.

Find a new atty, something like an Aqua, Kayfun etc... a single coil unit at 1+ ohms and reduced airflow... and keep the watts below 30. preferably around 10-18W.

Reactions: Kaimaikid

Kaimaikid

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2017
New Zealand
odd... just a few yrs ago, newbies were given advise to go with higher nic ranges with higher ohms and lower watts ( tootle puffin equipment) to gradually adjust from smoking to vaping.... now it seems the advise is to start new vapers on a hi powered DTL unit with way too much vapor production that will choke one till they are purple.

I would start of drinking wine and then move to Everclear shots... not start with shots of Everclear... just too harsh of a start.

Find a new atty, something like an Aqua, Kayfun etc... a single coil unit at 1+ ohms and reduced airflow... and keep the watts below 30. preferably around 10-18W.

Exactly - my thoughts too

Its amazing how many vape shops you visit push you towards cloud making devices without actually thinking about learning to walk before you can run and I wonder how many folk have been put off vaping due to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread