Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
From Escribe

Black line represents voltage from the battery. Blue line represents current drawn from the battery. The very slight difference is due to the battery level. Both are a 3 second draw.

Resistance in purple demonstrating the 2 different atomizers I used. A 0.512 ohm and a 0.162 ohm.

Power was set to 50 watts which is represented in green. The spike represents a pre heat, or boot of power which can also been seen with the battery levels.

Despite the difference in resistance battery draw is identical.

50 watts.jpg

Gentle Smoke

Jan 31, 2019
Hello Kristin: Thought I'd add my anecdotal comments. Been using vaporesso's GT2 ceramic cell for a month with various pg/vg ratios. Went to 100% vg and it clogged overnight. Replaced the cell and am now running 10/90 pg/vg with no problems. I'd also add that I've read warnings about not using water with ceramic because it may cause cracking (more anecdotal info). I too am sensitive to pg. However, a lot of the irritation may be due to excess temperature. TC is probably the way to go. I'd like to try 100% vg again but, I'll need a different tank. Presently considering the Uwell Crown IV and Innokin iSub B, both having SS coils.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
From Escribe

Black line represents voltage from the battery. Blue line represents current drawn from the battery. The very slight difference is due to the battery level. Both are a 3 second draw.

Resistance in purple demonstrating the 2 different atomizers I used. A 0.512 ohm and a 0.162 ohm.

Power was set to 50 watts which is represented in green. The spike represents a pre heat, or boot of power which can also been seen with the battery levels.

Despite the difference in resistance battery draw is identical.

View attachment 795419
Have you tried Steam Engine-Battery Drain?If not,set 0.1 resistance-100w-then subtract 0.632 V from 4.2V
What is left is the operating voltage,-i.e. 3.568 V put this number at battery voltage window and see the result.Also take a look at "Atomizer-what hits your topper"Watch how the current increases as you set a lower resistance vallue

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
In a regulated device the battery does not see the resistance of the coil, it only sees what the regulated circuit is requesting. This is stated on the Steam Engine site….

Since we are looking at two separate circuits, you can never mix numbers from both sides of the regulator in your calculations. For instance: You cannot determine the current drained from the battery by measuring the resistance of the coil and the voltage of the battery.

This is also mentioned in the below video from Mooch.

I demonstrated this above by showing the battery drain from using 2 different resistances which was identical.

In a regulated device, current draw increases from the cells as the voltage in the cells drops. This is to meet the users prescribed power, not resistance.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
You cannot determine the current drained from the battery by measuring the resistance of the coil and the voltage of the battery.
Sure,because the voltage of the battery isn't 4.2V at a fresh battery when you draw 31 A
You must subtract the voltage sag.
That is what Steam Engine does for you!

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Sure,because the voltage of the battery isn't 4.2V at a fresh battery when you draw 31 A
You must subtract the voltage sag.
That is what Steam Engine does for you!

31 amps is the coil draw from the regulated circuit. Not the draw of the regulated circuit from the batteries. With a regulated device the batteries only see the requested power from the regulated circuit, with my example that is 50 watts. As the voltage depletes, current will increase to meet that 50 watts.

My above example shows the actual voltage and current draw of the batteries, not the coils. The circuit is requesting 50 watts from the batteries. At the time of firing the cells drop from 11.8 volts to ~ 11 volts. Multiply the 4.5 amps you have 50 watts. With the 2 different resistances this is identical. Should I set my wattage to 100 watts, at 11 volts the draw would be 9 amps. Just to note this is a 3 cell device hence the higher voltage.

On the coil side of the circuit the voltage and current are different due to the difference in resistance. For the 0.16 ohm coil it is 2.8 volts drawing 17.6 amps. For the 0.5 ohm coil it is 5.6 volts drawing 8.3 amps.

Love to continue this discussion but fear we have veered off topic. Welcome to message me privately or open another thread on battery drain with a regulated device.

Reactions: stols001

Kay81

Jan 30, 2019
I am PG sensitive (not allergic) and can handle about 10% no more. But, I have vaped 100% VG in many a MTL tank frankly, including a tiny little Nautilus 2. The key is priming like hell. and not chain vaping.

I also use PE400 in my mixes and I like it, it's a flavor carrier like PG, it is thicker viscosity than PG, but still a bit thinner.

I use that 40% plus 50% VG and 10% flavors (vg, pg, whatever I'm using.) It has been nice, I find flavor carrying properties to be useful and it's still a lovely vape for me that feels great, tastes better (IMHO all VG mixes taste, not bad but kinda well muddy. Muted.

Do your due diligence obviously Nic River carries it rather cheaply. I did mine and found nothing wrong so you may want to give it a look...

I would think the zenith would be best for your purposes, but I was successfully able to use 100% VG in a whole BUNCH of MTL tanks. The coils may not last AS long, but you have options if you treat your tanks right.

Anna
I got the Smok mag baby right now and the Pico 75w is coming. I have the aspire nautilus 2 and I get a nasty taste after a few pulls. I tried the Melo 2 and that was horrible all the way. I also tried the Smok spirals plus and that was like the aspire

Kay81

Jan 30, 2019
I think the Zenith is 24.7mm and the Zenith D22 is 22mm.

Unless you find a super duper deal on a kit, there's no real reason not to buy separate. Get what you want. I think the Zenith D22 should work fine on the Pico 75W.

I do like the Pico 75w. I don't have the Zenith since I prefer rebuildable atomizers. If you are capable of wrapping a wire around a screwdriver to make a coil, then you might want to buy a rebuildable atomizer like the Doggystyle 2k16. A rebuildable can be fine tuned to your individual preferences. And it's cheap. If I made a new coil and wick every day for a year, it would cost me less than $12.
Would that fit on my mag baby or Pico 75? So far all the tanks I’ve tried are not good or I can’t vape consistently becuse it tastes so bad. Maybe it’s my mods and tanks?

Kay81

Jan 30, 2019
I thought you were concerned about the viscosity of your eliquds and that's why other posters suggested diluting them with a little DW. If you're not concerned and everything is working fine, please disregard our suggestions. :D
It’s not that it’s fine, I used a person at my work juice on an Evod and subvod and it was great smooth taste. I just need help now getting it into something that can handle it and I’m not charging every half hour/ 2 hours.
I just got the mag baby and the Pico 75w is on it’s what to me but all the tanks I got from vape stores can’t handle my juice even tried to do 70/30 but got a wicked headache and sore throat and the nautilus 2 leaked and had a really bad tatse every couple of vapes. I want to kick the stinkies but need somthing that I can truly enjoy.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
What’s RDA? I’m truly new to all tis since I have done AIOs every time I tried this journey but get sick of how they work so I’m venturing out.

An RDA is short for Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer. How this differs from what you have been using is that you roll your own coils, or purchase pre rolled coils but also you have to wick these coils yourself with cotton. Adds a level of complexity over a typical tank but in turn allows much more freedom in building something that suites your needs.

The Dripping refers to dripping your juice onto the coils oppose to having your juice contained in a tank. They can also be used on a Squonk device or also referred to as a Bottom Feed device (BF) in where there is a squeezable bottle within your mod that contains your juice. When your coils need saturation just squeeze the bottle – it will push juice up into the RDA.

100% VG is quite thick and can be problematic for some drop-in coils. Dripping or squonking 100% VG within a RDA might just be a better option – but obviously comes with a level of complexity that you must be willing to take on. The process may seem foreign at first but it is not difficult and can be very rewarding (subjectively!)

Kay81

Jan 30, 2019
Hello Kristin: Thought I'd add my anecdotal comments. Been using Vaporesso's GT2 ceramic cell for a month with various pg/vg ratios. Went to 100% vg and it clogged overnight. Replaced the cell and am now running 10/90 pg/vg with no problems. I'd also add that I've read warnings about not using water with ceramic because it may cause cracking (more anecdotal info). I too am sensitive to pg. However, a lot of the irritation may be due to excess temperature. TC is probably the way to go. I'd like to try 100% vg again but, I'll need a different tank. Presently considering the Uwell Crown IV and Innokin iSub B, both having SS coils.
Ss coils? I tried doing 70/30 and got a horrible headache and sore throat right away. I am all VG just need something that would fit either the mag baby or the pico75w

• Optimistic

Kay81

Jan 30, 2019
An RDA is short for Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer. How this differs from what you have been using is that you roll your own coils, or purchase pre rolled coils but also you have to wick these coils yourself with cotton. Adds a level of complexity over a typical tank but in turn allows much more freedom in building something that suites your needs.

The Dripping refers to dripping your juice onto the coils oppose to having your juice contained in a tank. They can also be used on a Squonk device or also referred to as a Bottom Feed device (BF) in where there is a squeezable bottle within your mod that contains your juice. When your coils need saturation just squeeze the bottle – it will push juice up into the RDA.

100% VG is quite thick and can be problematic for some drop-in coils. Dripping or squonking 100% VG within a RDA might just be a better option – but obviously comes with a level of complexity that you must be willing to take on. The process may seem foreign at first but it is not difficult and can be very rewarding (subjectively!)
I can’t handle direct lung but I die, coughing is horrible, I need it to reflect mouth to lung, any advice?

• Optimistic

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Would that fit on my mag baby or Pico 75? So far all the tanks I’ve tried are not good or I can’t vape consistently becuse it tastes so bad. Maybe it’s my mods and tanks?

There's a Zenith and a Zenith D22. The Zenith D22 will fit. The Zenith is too big. I haven't used them but they are popular. I use rebuildable atomizers. Any 22mm atomizer will fit.

The bad taste would be some problem with cotton. Are you priming the coils with some e-liquid and letting them sit for a bit before use? The cotton needs to be saturated before use. Are you chain vaping and getting burnt hits?

Make sure that you buy your Pico 75 from a reliable dealer. Most of the ones on Ebay are fakes. The fakes are usable for W mode but TC mode doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread