Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Hate to be a pain, but can someone help a sister? I saw a post (thought it was this thread) about a V2 RBA that's compatible with the Nautilus. I'm on my phone, and searching is failing me miserably

TIA

ETA - found it. :facepalm:

Which one was it :p

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Altho I'm in ......ation of precisely 17 pages, I'll pause to respond to a few posts, then HOPE to catch up with you guys. :rolleyes:

Ok, you two. Tell me that it's "relaxing" to build coils. I need a laugh today. ;)

Your lyric is great, the instrumental is so bad! :lol:
so is this... Rock on my toodles :D

Lyrics, via DPL, actually. He's the brains in the family.

@DPLongo22, what are these "Drop In" coils of which the illustrious Madame Kat speaks? (I'm asking you because she's prolly still drooling into her pillow ;) )

The Boop dun drool, lovie. Eye make up on the pillow? Yeah... but no drool. :D

Believe not what comes from my mouth (or fingers), Dinger. ;-)

It's the second biggest lie currently being spread in Vapeworld. Ms. Kat fancies herself a blister-packer, as do I (obviously), and has fought the concept of doing this work (and it IS "work") with every cell in her body. It's possible that I convinced her into believing in unicorns (or Santa Claus, "honest politicians", etc,) by creating a mental construct of something that doesn't really exist, but that would be about the extent of it.

Does that make sense or did I wind "The Story" into something even MORE confusing (as I sometimes/occasionally do)?

Put more simply, there is no such thing. We're LYIN' through our teeth. :D

ONE of us is......... ;)

I drop in whatever coils will drop in, and I....... oh :censored: it. PM incoming, Dings! :lol:

(I'll tell you EXACTLY how it's done.) :evil:

For those having trouble trapping wires on a Kayfun style deck or any deck for that matter with a flat surface. Take a small file and cut a little groove on an angle away from the screw hole. That way the wire will trap in the groove and stay there even if the coil screws are a little rounded on the bottom.

rLRqo7hh.jpg

Welp! Isn't THAT cute, TD!!! And now (thank you liar liar pants on fire) I have a set of files everything, but I know I'd mess up an atty if I tried!!!!

But, of course they did. ;)

Kat's going to be thrilled. She can use the black one now. :thumbs:

Me too, for that matter.

...IF we were into that sort of thing (building), of course. :unsure::laugh:

Which we're not. <nudge nude, wink wink>

All forgiven ;)

I started building PT2 heads a couple years ago. Then I ventured into those things called RDAs. I am not super keen on dripping (don't know how y'all did it "back in the day") and prefer some amount of volume before I have to refill.

But, I can cater to my mood (and be prepared for any impending doom). I just wish I had more hands to hold all the setups I want at one time :D

OMG, back in the day.... I "dripped" for one year straight. I didn't know any other way to vape! And that included (gasp!) while driving. We're talking little tiny 510 and 306 attIES over bumpy roads!! A vaper's gotta do what a vaper's gotta do...

(It was horrid.)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Ok, you two. Tell me that it's "relaxing" to build coils. I need a laugh today. ;)

Welp! Isn't THAT cute, TD!!! And now (thank you liar liar pants on fire) I have a set of files everything, but I know I'd mess up an atty if I tried!!!!
It is relaxing to build coils, I can sit for hours putting different builds in different attys. :D

Get someone to cut the notches for you. :thumbs:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Not sure about the K loud, I drained the tank in a few hours, not as bad as the Chalice III I was using, but a fiar amount of juice for such a low build.
Went back to my giant KFL, but now the damn thing wants to flood on me! GRRRRR!!!!! Not sure if I'm sucking too hard, or not enough. Seems if I try to bun some juice of it just floods it more!
Kat, winding coils can be relaxing, especially if you get the coil master kit I was talking about earlier. It makes it all but idiot proof! That, and Kanthal is pretty cheap, most pre-made coils aren't!
On a happier note, I just got a text that our package has left Wichita, which means it will be out for delivery tomorrow! Hopefully I'll have time to play with the Pico and see what I can make a Theorum do for us Tootle puffers. Maybe I'll get lucky and my wire will show up before I have to go to a funeral as well.
Gonna be a busy day/weekend! Funeral, then pick up a trailer and drop it off, then help a buddy move Sat and Sun.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
Think I have it where I want it for now. Sophia V2 1.96ohm's set to some voltage im not sure lol. Found a drip tip that fits its nice pretty pleased. Took a little bit to figure out how to hold and fire the thing, that has to sound silly but its true.

vpbmarY.jpg

That looks really neat!!!
Interesting voltage dial and juice containment.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
It is relaxing to build coils, I can sit for hours putting different builds in different attys. :D

Get someone to cut the notches for you. :thumbs:

When I first started making my own coils I found it uber frustrating.Sometimes the coil looked great but the resistance was all wrong,I'd try again to find the coil looked like complete crap but the resistance was where I wanted it.A few times I just wanted to throw it all out the window.

Over time and finding out about the steam engine site things just got better.I made my own coil jig from a few pieces of hardwood with a hole drilled into it to accept my nail mandrels held in by a set screw.
Now I make coils when needed and it takes maybe around 15 to 20 minutes from ripping out the old to making a new one and having it installed in my KF clones ready for filling.

It may be a chore to do BUT for me it's not an unlikeable one.

On a side note....I'm finding the switch to 2mg nicotine a lot more tolerable than the 4mg and can vape as much as I did before :)

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Anyone rebuilding with the Ego One CLR head by Joyetech? I want to get a rebuildable coil for use in the eGo One Mega tank that came with by VTC Mini. I'm assuming the .5 ohm coil can be rebuilt to any resistance I want, right? I prefer the 1.5 range. Just want to be sure there's nothing special about the sub-ohm coil that would prevent me from building for tootling. (Sweet Vapes appears to be sold out of the 1.0 ohm coils that are usually an option)

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Anyone rebuilding with the Ego One CLR head by Joyetech? I want to get a rebuildable coil for use in the eGo One Mega tank that came with by VTC Mini. I'm assuming the .5 ohm coil can be rebuilt to any resistance I want, right? I prefer the 1.5 range. Just want to be sure there's nothing special about the sub-ohm coil that would prevent me from building for tootling. (Sweet Vapes appears to be sold out of the 1.0 ohm coils that are usually an option)
    Yes, any resistance you want so long as there is room for the coil.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    Thanks @kad2371. Actually looks easier to rebuild than the Kayfun. I find the balancing act of holding the coil in place, wrapping the wire around the post and tightening the screw very hard to do on the Kayfun. Literally took me an hour to connect the coil after taking about two minutes to wrap it. Re-wicking also looks very easy on the CLR.

Users who are viewing this thread