Travel and Vaping Travel Vaping Report - Charlotte to Lyon, France via Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Charlotte, NC, USA
I took basic eGos (2) and tanks, just in case I wound up needing to toss them - had them in my pocketbook and assembled, 2 spare coils. I put several 10ml bottles of e-liquid in my "toiletries" quart bag.

"Vape friendly" indicates that I vaped without any issue within sight of airport staff - I should note that I did not sit in the middle of large groups and blow massive clouds, but I also wasn't stealth vaping. I did not ask anyone about any official policies so YMMV but I didn't even get any odd looks.

Charlotte, NC USA (CLT) - no issues at all with TSA, vape friendly airport
Lufthansa - no vaping, but that's pretty standard, sadly
Munich, Germany (MUC) - again, vape friendly airport (couple of hours layover)
Lyon, France (LYS) - vape friendly airport, no issues with security flying out

Vape shops all over Lyon, saw vapers pretty regularly in public, vaped (after inquiring) with no issue in restaurants and cafes as well as the hotel bar. Definitely a vape friendly destination and trip. :)

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Good to know. I'm traveling from Charlotte to New York soon and was thinking about leaving my mods at home and bringing the basics.

No need to bring the basics, especially within the US. I'd say just keep your vaping low profile (don't exhale any vapor - take a hit and hold a few seconds, inhale air and hold a few seconds more, exhale) and you shouldn't have any problems anywhere.

I just recently was on a No Vaping (outside of smoking sections) cruise, and I vaped everywhere on the ship except the dining room. And I was using a DNA30 with a Kayfun. Even people sitting right next to me had no idea I was vaping. Even my brother, who knew I carried my vaporizer everywhere, had no idea I was vaping right next to him as we watched a soccer game in one of the many bars onboard.

I had no problems in any of the airports I was at, nor on the place, and I vaped in both (again with my DNA30 and a Kayfun).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread