Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
"Couch lock"? Too funny! Yeah, if you aren't careful--and especially depending on the time of day--it can catch you off guard like that. I can say that the effects shouldn't be quite like that with increased consumption, much to my dismay, but if you treat it like a treat, it very well may stay like that. What a predicament! :laugh:

In retrospect, I think the couch lock and increased potency that I felt was mostly due to vaping the new stuff from a kayfun, rather than from my usual old standby, a ProTank.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
In retrospect, I think the couch lock and increased potency that I felt was mostly due to vaping the new stuff from a kayfun, rather than from my usual old standby, a ProTank.

I think it was due to the dadgum WTA! LOL. Even still, that would be pretty intense from a Kayfun--really good WTA is intense enough from "disposable" attys.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
My favorite for wta is still a cisco lr901 to drip on. That being said, I've never tried a kayfun.

I was going to ask if you still use a 901. Question: I know how 901s can smooth out rough edges, even minimizing TH, but does the 24 mg WTA manage to punch through? I've always thought that 901s can't be beat for flavor, but I just miss the TH a bit.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
FWIW Mr.Mann, I was dripping the WTA on 510's initially, the positive attributes came through nicely.
I've switched over to using RDA's now, I haven't seen any difference in the WTA punchin' through. Curious to find out how I fair with my incoming VS batch.

I'm of a mind that couch-lock would be a good thing (-;

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
FWIW Mr.Mann, I was dripping the WTA on 510's initially, the positive attributes came through nicely.
I've switched over to using RDA's now, I haven't seen any difference in the WTA punchin' through. Curious to find out how I fair with my incoming VS batch.

I'm of a mind that couch-lock would be a good thing (-;

You already know! ;)

I've given this "advice" before, but I would say try it first thing in the morning. Before coffee (if you drink it), and before vaping anything else (teeth brushing is optional, but recommended. LOL). From what I've found, most vapers don't go for very long throughout the day without having some amount of just-absorbed nicotine going though their system. I imagine that right after awaking in the morning, after having had (if your like me) 4-5 hours sleep, i.e., time off from vaping, it's all the refrain needed to have those first few hits show you something.

Now, occasionally I get caught off guard when I vape strong WTA right before bed, but that's usually because I am already tired and it kinda takes me over. Of course, do what you want to do, but that first-in-the-morning vape of Unflavored WTA can be very interesting.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I was going to ask if you still use a 901. Question: I know how 901s can smooth out rough edges, even minimizing TH, but does the 24 mg WTA manage to punch through? I've always thought that 901s can't be beat for flavor, but I just miss the TH a bit.
Have you tried the new Very Special batches? They have more throat hit than the old unflavored.

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
I suspect part of what we have here is the result of folks who are primarily Aroma users detecting differences from what has become their reference point. I.E. different equals bad. This is not actually true, and differences do cater to personal preferences. I'm big on "to each his own."

This all being said, I am aware of some competitor batches going out with this clearly unpleasant odor and taste. I've not made a big deal of this simply because it would be a cheap shot to try to characterize a product based on a deviation from the norm. At the same time, I would caution that more control must be maintained over what is sent out the door. It is reasonable to assume that preparation and bottling is performed in a fume hood, so the face velocity (as it is called) of the air entering the hood would preclude the bottler from detecting the off-odor. Assuming that bottles are made from larger batches, pulling the larger batch container out of the fume hood and taking a good pre-bottling sniff would be a wise routine prophylactic measure.

I'd not mind seeing some competitor customers come over to Aroma, competition after all, but I'd rather see it happen because they prefer the Aroma product, not due to a preventable error on the part of the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread