Not open for further replies.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Morning all. TGIF!
I got my X Cube in and have been slowly getting it figured out. There's definitely a learning curve on this puppy. Though you can start vaping right out of the box, the customizability of it takes some work. What I like so far: the firing button is the entire side of the device; it's got more power than I'm ever likely to need; temp control of course, but it reads both nickel and titanium (though you have to purchase the titanium upgrade for 49 cents, lol); which brings me to the next thing I really like, firmware upgradability. I also like that there's an app for it that lets you adjust the settings, etc. from your phone, among other things. Which brings me to my dislikes so far: the menu system on the device itself is a pain (though I'm guessing it'll get better as I get more experience with it). I also dislike the battery reading on the screen: when I put 2 new batteries in, it still doesn't read as completely full, and when I'm at 35% battery life according to the app, it looks basically empty on the device itself. My other dislike is that you can't re-charge it from a USB; you have to replace the batteries. By and large though, a TC device w/160 watts for under $100? I can't complain.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Morning all. Hopw y'all are doing great!
Just wanted to give y'all an update on my Cube II. I'm really loving it. Battery life isn't great; but its' what you would expect with a high wattage device. The device works like a charm and hits like a freight train. My favorite thing though is the app; it lets me know what's actually happening. Case in point: I'm running a Herakles with a nickel coil at .22 ohms. I've got it set at 450 degrees and 100 watts. However, with my vaping style, I"m actually vaping at 175 degrees at 67 watts according to the app. That's very useful information.

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
I can't believe I just did this: I had a meeting out in Metarie this afternoon and decided to drop by my favorite vape shop to pick up some juices I was running low on. While I was there, I got to talking to one of the guys that work there, and he mentioned he was selling his Vaporflask DNA 40. It has the latest chip and he was selling it and the 2 18650s in it for $70. Now I need another mod like I need a hole in the head, but I couldn't turn it down. I guess Robert Palmer's right: I'm addicted to mods.

Brew1961

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Noblesville, IN
Howdy Trippyville, I haven't heard anything from Bert in a long time. He was going to be doing some custom stuff for me but that was months ago and I haven't seen or heard anything since then. I hope he and Bea are both doing ok. Oh and wishing all you guys the best as well. Brew

bert1983

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
CO USA
www.trippytips.com
Hey everyone, sorry for the absence around these parts. I'm good, the site is getting ported over to a new server as we speak and should be back soon. Today marks 4 short years since I married my love Beata! I'll check in again tomorrow :) hope you're all doing well also!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread