Upcoming and Incoming - two new products!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
It all boils down to the market is stale. How many PVs should one own. Once you have a 5 or 6V device, that has the capability of using any atomiser or cart, how many more do you need? I only need one and a back up.

When the eGo came along, well there was some innovation. Many did not like the way it looked (myself included). Until I vaped the unit with and without the cone, and we all know which is better don't we.

So now we are moving away from what was a satisfying vape, to be able to vape all day, with a single cart??? Most of us do not vape a single flavour. I do not want to spend a week on a cart the juice goes stale, but hey, it is profitable. If we don't do it, the rest will and there goes our bottom line.

Before the end of next year we will see a 10,000 mAh battery pack, worn on a helmet, with a 60ml bottle of juice constantly feeding an atomiser on a sort of microphone holder that can be easily accessed with no hands, not too dissimilar to the hard hats we seen fitted with a couple of beer cans years ago. How many still use them?

Alex has raised some serious issues. Because the "forum" vaping community is but a small percentage. How many feel the same way and have not been heard or are not as vocal as Alex?

I for one am not too fussy with the new direction and I personally believe that QA/QC has suffered in the process, all for keeping up with the Jones. I am not to fussy neither about vendors that spend months building up hype, having their customers chomping at the bit, for the new product to come out. Yup Capitalism at its best. Janty's marketing strategy has become really transparent in recent months, and not to their advantage.

So with all due respect may I be so bold as to say stop being so cocky and start listening to some of the feedback. I am sure there are more out there that are not as vocal.

This but my opinion, and we know about those...

And once again, this thread is not for that.

You are entitled to your opinions, and while i will listen to it, i also think its about time that people begin realizing that even though the e-cigarette forum is an important place for polls, for ideas, for feedback, then it is a drop in the ocean when it comes to the customer base that e-cigarettes have now.

This means we, as all our competitors , have many more things to juggle with, and we do that in a market that is constantly growing, but also in a market that is entirely new.

It is not easy being Janty, or any other manufacturer at the moment - and from what I know, everyone is trying to adjust.

For instance: I love how some people praise TW for having colors on their egos etc - for having a variety of things. Ofcourse - they didnt pay for inventing it, or spend alot of cash on testing, moulding and finishing the product. They simply bought into it, and slapped their name on it.

TW is not a manufacturer, but a simple webshop. They might have created one or two minor things, but in the grand scheme of things, this is what they are. I am not saying that to detract, or add to their "value", im simply stating the facts.

But the facts are, that with this constant influx of new people to the e-cig community, then there will be more and more people wanting the "mainstream" stuff - even if it might not be as good as what the others have. This kind of demand is hard , if not impossible, to keep up with - IF you also try to invent, research, and create your own items.

That is the problem Janty is having now; We are trying to keep up, while still trying to stay ahead with the next design, the next idea, the next "revolution".

And the way youre putting it out there, well - if we had to follow your mindset, then we would have to either do it as we do now; or simply shut up and be quiet for 6 months, then post 1 week before something is released. How boring would that be?

This costs money, time, and effort; something virtually none of our competitors have to spend time on; They simply OEM it. Again, i must underline i am not saying that is bad or good - i remain neutral; but those are the facts.

And in the process, in the chaos, of all this, we have made - and will probably make some more mistakes. But we are still growing, and learning. But I dont think we will learn anything from people stating that a simple webshop is running a tighter ship than us - or comparing us to non-manufacturers in general; its like comparing apples to bricks.

And frankly, all this bs about us running some sort of hype-scheme is really laughable. We are doing what we said we would do: Informing our customers of as much as we can; And when we do so, we also disclaim that this or that might not become a reality. Period. That is telling the truth, being honest, and trying to step out on a limb where noone else in this business steps out on.

And thats also why we sometimes have to step back; Because of people that copy us.

It is alot simpler dealing with how to order 1000 OEM products, typing up a text, and then hyping it as if its your own product, than it is to develop, manufacture, and produce it.

Please try to keep that in mind.

Last edited:

dk2

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
cheers
Here's the thing, what Mik says above about janty's role as a developer in the vaping commuity makes sense; however, we've been promised and teased by the Tesla for months. I've watched those videos on the tesla which are about 21 minutes in length combined, 4 or 5 times, to me what was shown in the video was an almost finished product. Mik hyped it and pointed out the good parts through out the video's, he certainly didn't point out all the flaws and no where did he indicate that it was going to be a year or two before it would be released. All I saw was 21 minutes of continual vaping with no flavor loss. The Tesla is what I want where is it????? If Janty sold the rights to someone else fine come out and state it. If the video was smoke and mirrors and or altered come out and state it, if you led us on come out and state it.

The Tesla videos are located here, Vaping community you be the judge was it portrayed as a revolutionary product to be released in the near future, do you see any serious flaws that needed to be overcame in the video with the filter? I don't. To me Janty is holding out on the tesla in order to sell you an inferior product which is the cartomizer which is outdated technology.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nty-prototype-video-preview-tesla-filter.html

Last edited:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Here's the thing, what Mik says above about janty's role as a developer in the vaping commuity makes sense; however, we've been promised and teased by the Tesla for months. I've watched those videos on the tesla which are about 21 minutes in length combined, 4 or 5 times, to me what was shown in the video was an almost finished product. Mik hyped it and pointed out the good parts through out the video's, he certainly didn't point out all the flaws and no where did he indicate that it was going to be a year or two before it would be released. All I saw was 21 minutes of continual vaping with no flavor loss. The Tesla is what I want where is it????? If Janty sold the rights to someone else fine come out and state it. If the video was smoke and mirrors and or altered come out and state it, if you led us on come out and state it.

The Tesla videos are here vaping community be the judge.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nty-prototype-video-preview-tesla-filter.html

Now, i should edit and remove this post of yours, simply because it is completely offtopic - and i just warned two other posters that they should stay on topic.

Instead, i will quote myself from the Tesla post:

1) I will not discuss the technology here - yet.
2) The video preview is for you guys - i just made it, and its only to show you that this technology exists, and hear your initial reaction on it.
3) We might never produce it, - and i am not promising anything; having said that, i DO hope we produce it, and i think this is what the e-smoking world needs right now.

I never promised anything. Nor did Janty. We simply stated what we thought at the time, and also stated what we knew at the time; that we have an invention that works - and could end up working flawlessly.

On the video it worked for 22 mins - and it still works. Im using it now. But, unfortunately I am not in charge of what happens to this, and when it happens, and as such the only thing I can do, is.. use it myself right now.

Trust me, when i say that there are reasons why this is not out yet - and trust me when i say that i also find it annoying ( whoa, he speaks the truth? why yes he does.. ) that we have not followed up and released this yet. It is against my will - directly.

But, as a loyal employee i follow the directives of those higher up in the chain; And thats why it has not been released yet. Thats the most i can ever comment on this - sorry.

The only reason i say so, is that i think its futile that people try to bring it up as if we PROMISED IT TO BE OUT IN X period - we didnt. We hoped for it. It didnt work out. We are still working on it.

Sorry. Thats all i can say. :blush:

- and lets please stay on topic.. -

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
We all were and are aware that stuff might not be made that was discussed. But then it was: Hey, something seriously cool will come out in June! And you announced a lot of pretts seriously cool stuff, so it has to be something interesting, right? Wrong. We got <insert one of many possible 4-letter-words here> instead. Of course people are disappointed, what did you expect? You may have stuck to the words, but you sure didn't stick to the spirit.

Also, sorry, I don't see why Janty suddenly has to carry everything Joye puts out for the eGo. Maybe you have a contract to do that, I don't know. If you have, I pity you. If you haven't, why sell stuff that is not up to Janty quality? Really great idea, too, to let people pay for helping you with development. And I thought Microsoft had copyrighted that idea …

And this isn't off-topic, either – it's exactly about your announcement and those two products quite a few people are upset. And Mik – unless this idea was your's, kindly don't take that personally. I am upset with a company, not a person.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Look inside your quote for answers.

We all were and are aware that stuff might not be made that was discussed. But then it was: Hey, something seriously cool will come out in June! And you announced a lot of pretts seriously cool stuff, so it has to be something interesting, right? Wrong. We got <insert one of many possible 4-letter-words here> instead. Of course people are disappointed, what did you expect? You may have stuck to the words, but you sure didn't stick to the spirit.

**** I was told to announce. I did. I was told to shut up. I did. Blame the company - but do not try to attack my spirit. If I was in this for the money I would have left long ago. I am here because I care about development and inventing new things. It is not all black and white.

Also, sorry, I don't see why Janty suddenly has to carry everything Joye puts out for the eGo. Maybe you have a contract to do that, I don't know. If you have, I pity you. If you haven't, why sell stuff that is not up to Janty quality? Really great idea, too, to let people pay for helping you with development. And I thought Microsoft had copyrighted that idea …

**** That is your way of looking at it. Our way of looking at it is this: We realise that this product is not up to par with what it should be according to our standards, so we will let people judge for themselves, and we will sell these at a price that is so low that we hardly make money of it. We could also have opted for the route that other shops ( that i wont mention ) are doing which is leading people to believe these are great. Once again, its a matter of how you look at it - but you should always take facts into consideration; and facts are that we are honest, and open. We are not forcing anyone to buying these - we are not telling people they are better than they are in order to buy these, we are telling them the truth; and giving them the opportunity to help us, if they are ordering them anyways. That is NOT what Microsoft does. And I think the comparison is shameful to say the least. We are open, and truthful about even possible mistakes; who knows, maybe a ton of people will love these. They are not a bad product. Still, we take the risk of saying what we think; even if this means selling less products - we still state our opinion openly. Why? Because we care about our customers, and do not want them to feel deceived.

And this isn't off-topic, either – it's exactly about your announcement and those two products quite a few people are upset. And Mik – unless this idea was your's, kindly don't take that personally. I am upset with a company, not a person.

**** Yes it is. It is off-topic when it concerns the tesla filter, or any other product, or when it concerns how Janty is/or should be run. This post was an announcement about upcoming products, not about the other things. Furthermore, ofcourse I take it personally when you attack me personally. You are - or atleast have - tried to hold me personally responsible for a number of things in your posts here; Why the Tesla filter wasnt released as a good example. Regardless; I am not angry, hurt, sad or any of the likes. I feel disappointed that you can not see beyond what you want to see, because thats how it comes across to me. Even so it is your opinion, and while i will respect that i do not agree with it.

And no, the big cartomizer, and the big ego atomizer is not my design, or my idea.

Last edited:

dk2

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
cheers
Fact is Mik you are a designer/engineer of e-cig products and an amazing one as it stands, perhaps you should let someone higher up or create a marketing postion in the Janty company to make release announcements such as the one in this thread. That way you don't take the heat for things you don't have control over. I'm sure you can see why dedicated vapor's would be upset over the products being released in this thread knowing that there is something better out there. You and Janty company seem to be in this quasi designer/supplier/distributor category in which the roles can sometimes conflict.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Hey dk2:

I know what you mean, but consider that if you were talking with a full blown marketing guy right now, you would not be getting the honest response you deserve. :)

It has its ups and downs, and yes sometimes i do let it get to me - and i apologize for that. But i hope those reading see it as passion - cause that is what is driving me, and everyone behind Janty. :)

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Hey dk2:

I know what you mean, but consider that if you were talking with a full blown marketing guy right now, you would not be getting the honest response you deserve. :)

It has its ups and downs, and yes sometimes i do let it get to me - and i apologize for that. But i hope those reading see it as passion - cause that is what is driving me, and everyone behind Janty. :)

And those offering feedback here.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
And those offering feedback here.

Very much so - it is obvious, and therefore it is also important that all of us - me included, sometimes take a few steps away and try to see things from the others perspective.

Alas, what does not kill us only makes us stronger ( and hopefully helps us re-think situations in the future, i know i will try to atleast )

theopold

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
San Jose, CA
Before the end of next year we will see a 10,000 mAh battery pack, worn on a helmet, with a 60ml bottle of juice constantly feeding an atomiser on a sort of microphone holder that can be easily accessed with no hands, not too dissimilar to the hard hats we seen fitted with a couple of beer cans years ago.

Ummmm...this helmet e-cig sounds seriously cool!! So, is that the end of 2010 or 2011 that this will be released? And, how much will it cost? Also, can you tell me a little bit about the technology, perhaps scan and post the engineering diagrams?? Oh, and will it be available in colors? Can I get the logo of my favorite football team attached?

Can I get a multi-liquid dispenser (MLD) instead of a standard single liquid dispenser that can be attached as a separate option? If so, how much would the MLD cost? And, what would it be made of, could you say a little about MLD technology and where you see the market for MLD's going in another year and...most importantly, what color options would be available for the MLD and can I get the actual unit in one color and the MLD in a completely different color?? TIA!!!!

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Very much so - it is obvious, and therefore it is also important that all of us - me included, sometimes take a few steps away and try to see things from the others perspective.

Alas, what does not kill us only makes us stronger ( and hopefully helps us re-think situations in the future, i know i will try to atleast )

Oh, hogwash! We must stop this genuflection to civility.
I might or might not disagree with Janty's direction regarding these new products (must keep within the purview of the thread) the big atty and cart and carto, I'll be awaiting the videos posted. I know, I know I didn't quite keep to the matter at hand - but a little latitude please.
Please don't be apologetic about your argumentative demeanor nor should you discontinue to put forth ideas. Your parrying skills improved as the discourse heated.
I suspect your mechanical designing skills are directly related to your abilities to put forth a cogent thought. I don't want to lose either.
To all others: thank you and keep their feet to the fire.
I hereby move that a new thread be started--- Janty Journal.
Just as no one has to buy a particular Janty product Mik, you don't have to attend but I hope you will enthusiastically participate.

JerrySevere

Jan 8, 2010
France
I'll be happy to try/buy the carto (the giga ato/cart seems pretty dull).
It might not be the product of the year, but i'm sure it's usefull when you don't want to mess up with your carts when you're outdoors.
I'll buy it from janty of course, for supporting the developpement of theirs products. And I also like Mik honesty :)
And i also feel close to Mik in this situation when you're doing your best and some guy upper in the chain is just trying to milk the cow :p

trailless

May 25, 2010
Tennessee
Well I don't know why everybody else is complaining. Maybe because I've only been here for a bit and just now heard of the tesla filters, still learning. I think that offering a carto on the same site then thats great, if it comes with the Janty warranty then even better. If it can really hold 2.5ml then thats even better.

I'm still in the market for a e-cig. It's either vapor4life, Janty ego or cignot ego. With this announcement I think I know which vendor I'm going with.

Anyone care to explain the mega atomizer? Don't really understand it.

Thanks

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Bit 'o answers!

Anyways from what little I've read about the big atomizer, I think I might like it. Anyway that there's going to be a set including the carto's and a big atomizer insteadof the regular sized ones?

*** I think that would be contradictionary - since the cartomizers are essentially an atomizer with a built in filter, and the big atomizers are just the atomizer part. But ofcourse if there is enough interest, I am sure Ethan wouldnt mind making some kits - or Yves! So if this is something you want try contacting them about it!

Anyone care to explain the mega atomizer? Don't really understand it.

*** Its like an atomizer.. just.. mega big :p

Oh, hogwash!

*** I dont know why, but that made me think of Harry Potter. Which made me think of Hermione instantly. Mm. If only i was 19. And a wizard.

I hereby move that a new thread be started--- Janty Journal.
Just as no one has to buy a particular Janty product Mik, you don't have to attend but I hope you will enthusiastically participate.

*** If you build it, I will come ( and sticky it ) (( that sounds wrong on so many levels doesnt it? ))

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
I have been around this forum for over a year now, and have been involved in voluntarily running the Janty Club, why? because I believe in Janty, and no one has paid me in cash or goods to say so.

I still believe in Janty a year later, and although I am still patiently awaiting another product based around the Classic atty, like the Baby J... hint hint .. I do understand that Janty have to listen to ALL their customers. I for example was over the moon when the Stick was released a year ago, as that catered for me and my taste, the Ego, caters for the multitude of 510 users out there, and that's fair.

I for one appreciate the way Janty, are now allowing Mik to come forward and tell us what may be in the pipeline for the future, and we have to understand, that sometimes a product may relate to something else, which isnt due for release for a while, or maybe it turns out to be a lemon for one reason or another, so never come forth. I would rather Mik tells us things, than hear nothing at all.

I am fascinated by the photos of the Mega Big Atomiser, and just wish I could read what it says about it on those forums...lol, but I shall be patient, and wait.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and it makes an interesting read, meanwhile, Im happy to wait as Janty have not let me down so far..

Errr... Mik, hogwash? its Hogwarts....rofl, no wonder it reminded you of Harry Potter... but you aint no Wizard, and 19 is long gone...hahaha

ScatRD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
Austin
if you were talking with a full blown marketing guy right now, you would not be getting the honest response you deserve.

That quote right there is what I want to hear! Someone who isn't going to take a leak off a building and tell me it's just raining. I thank you Mik for coming out and saying so!

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I too am patiently awaiting the Baby J! Could it be possible to make the Baby J merge with the EGO? Perhaps a special cone and adapter that allows the Ego to look good with a pen attie attached? That way the USB battery could be an add on in the future but still allow us pen vapers to get a tube shaped Janty device!

Of course I will have to try the new carto and big attie, perhaps they will rival the penstyle lets wait and see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread