Upon Further Review.. E-cig Breakdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
Upon Further Review.. E-cig Breakdown

Ok people, I have found some great info that should be a sticky post here on the forums.
Most of these e-cigarettes / vaporizers from China come with certifications, CE and ROHS and a large private testing company based in the UK called SGS.

The link provided is a breakdown of the E-cigs components and contents performed by
Test company: SGS= SGS group, ITC=ITC group.

In Short, Beside the nicotine contents the product IS harmless to the human body and leave no trace, vanish instantly, leaving no smell, particles or pollution.
BOTTOM LINE, PERIOD!

Oh Did I mention that SGS is the official test company of E-bay...

There are between 7-11 manufactures of the Electronic cigarettes, cigars and pipes in the Southern China, where most of those devices come from. It is a very open research and development set-up that rules and most of the products come from the same source and therefore the same technology. There is the voice technology technique that makes the atomizers work based on voice, noise, blows, puffs or loud tones – and there are the Air flow technology that only operates on drags on the products. 3 manufacturers are very open for their innovation and are prepared to share their findings and development with us.
AcceptableChoice have visited 9 factories and evaluated those and their products. From this evaluation set-up a number of research materials, documents, analysis and documents have been available and is the basis for some of the findings in this report.
In order to debate the products properly, you need to separate the products in the electronic device and the filters with the substance.

Google keyword search SGS inspection electronic cigarette.
Link......

Discuss...............................

Last edited:

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
I love reading about the reality.
But its the perception that threatens us.
Yes the perception of these devices IMO is the problem. At my first thoughts I thought of drug paraphernalia. It is what it is. An alternative niccotine delevery device that delivers a Legal substance. What it looks like should not matter as long as it is safe. These tests show that we are not smoking paint chips, glue ect.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
That was a really good find. I sure hope more people read the whole thing. I answers a lot of questions that everyone is asking.

Yes it answers many questions you see over and over here in the forums.

It gets a bit tecnical for many to understand but it go's thru all aspects of your e-cig piece by piece and includes a a test in health conditiond regarding the e-liquid filters.

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
Nice pro-ecig info, but it would be from a supplier wouldn't it.
But very good to see them making the effort/cost.

It's mostly about the physical equipment (do I care if ecigs have been EMC tested ?)

But a bit thin on detail about chemical retesting of the liquid.

Feeding the liquid to mice, that doesn't relate to well to inhaling the vapourized liquid,
nice to know it didn't kill the mice though.

'Apart from the nicotine content, the Products are toxicologically harmless',
hmmmm, very much so compared to real ciggies I guess.

'The atomizer has a total lifecycles of 36000 puffs/drags'
a bit of a generalisation & hides the real-time life-span I felt.

Still good stuff, especialy the 'safe to vape indoors' conclusion
(in terms of 'secondary vaping').

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
Guess the idea was to produce 'easier to activate' batteries,
no hard drags to get it going.
Maybe they just went a bit too far?

Certainly my Titans (joye510) can stay on longer than I want
(I think the vibration from sizzle of the liquid can keep them on indefinately).

The 'banging on a table' method of sorting stuck batteries out
might cause them to work more reasonably?

Klimpt

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Sorry, I'm a bit confused by SGS's involvement here. I see them listed in note 7 below the table, but I cannot find any other mention of them (indeed, I'm not even sure what note 7 actually means).

I have also done a search for "cigarette" and "E cigarette" at SGS's own site and couldn't find anything. Ditto simply a Google of SGS and ecigs doesn't show anything.

Could we get some clarification?

Klimpt

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Sorry, I'm a bit confused by SGS's involvement here. I see them listed in note 7 below the table, but I cannot find any other mention of them (indeed, I'm not even sure what note 7 actually means).

I have also done a search for "cigarette" and "E cigarette" at SGS's own site and couldn't find anything. Ditto simply a Google of SGS and ecigs doesn't show anything.

Could we get some clarification?

Bump for this question ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread