St. Petersburg, FL
www.Youtube.com
Apr05_0010.jpg

are those amo boxes? and where can i get some? :D

Joe Camel

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Santa Rosa, California
The Ipad weighs a lot so reading books on it is annoying unless you're in bed which makes it kinda pointless in the portable way. The screen is really glossy too so outdoors you get tons of glare whether in shade or not and you need to wipe off finger prints constantly. The not having flash is just one more problem with it IMO.

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
The Ipad weighs a lot so reading books on it is annoying unless you're in bed which makes it kinda pointless in the portable way. The screen is really glossy too so outdoors you get tons of glare whether in shade or not and you need to wipe off finger prints constantly. The not having flash is just one more problem with it IMO.

I agree, not great. The Flash and glare could/should be easy to remedy. Someone here suggested that HTML5 was the solution to the lack of Flash but by the time HTML5 is widely supported on client and server side apps to the point it will make a difference ver 2.1 of the iPad will be out. With 3G support, then, like the original iPhone, the first buyers will either be upset or will plunk down even more serious cash for the newer model. Of course, that's Apple's plan! Anyone who has ever owned a Garmin GPS knows what I'm talking about, they're the king of model shuffle.

Fixing the glare could also help with the finger smudge. If it was manufactured by Microsoft everyone would be up-in-arms.

Not slamming the iPad, it just could have been so much better with a little effort and only a slightly increase in cost.

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
I collect rocks and car audio stuff love video games have psp xbox360 and a few pc's and my iPhone is like crack for me but the rock collecting sounds realy geeky when I tell people

Not all that geeky. I had a huge rock collection around 1960. Quarry rocks, mica, meteorites, petrified wood and several prehistoric fossils, (tiny). Also comic books galore.

Went away to boarding school and my mother threw it ALL out because she got tired of looking in my piled high closet. The comics would be worth a ton by now.

Jeff78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Weatherford, OK
www.ninecollective.com
Not all that geeky. I had a huge rock collection around 1960. Quarry rocks, mica, meteorites, petrified wood and several prehistoric fossils, (tiny). Also comic books galore.

Went away to boarding school and my mother threw it ALL out because she got tired of looking in my piled high closet. The comics would be worth a ton by now.

Not to mention the rocks would weigh a ton! :)

iamtopher34

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2010
Sandy Utah
I have some comics and a ton of baseball cards but since the steroid thing they ain't worth a whole lot I love the rocks but I have started filling my yard cuz I realy have ALOT the kids around here love my yard they see the pyrite and think they hit the mother load I do the explosives at kennecott so I can have what ever I can not get caught taking and that's a ton

Last edited:

lonercom

ECF Veteran
I still have all my comics!

I also collect odd glassware and dirt -- I store the dirt in some of the glassware and it's quite pretty!

I collect dirt too, kinda. Mostly from Alaska, Washington, Oregon and California. Sme from Georgia and North Carolina. I'm very picky tho. It has to come from lode bearing creek or river beds.

Of course, when I get it, I pan it out and keep all of the shiny stuff... Love buttery colored shiny stuff (24k).:thumbs:

aerinfirehair

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
A, A
I'm a geek, I married a geek, we have xbox 360, PS3, tons of games, Wii, Gamecube, PS2, and the majority of my life is centered around our nicely sized LCOS tv. I'm not saying its huge, but its perfect for the room its in. But more so, I'm a geek because...

my husband proposing
and

My group of friends! I hope I did this right...

I also made an entire Harry Potter Quidditch outfit, to go with my friends to opening night of Potter 3. If thats not geeky, I don't know what is!

Gamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
www.Youtube.com
i'm a geek, i married a geek, we have xbox 360, ps3, tons of games, wii, gamecube, ps2, and the majority of my life is centered around our nicely sized lcos tv. I'm not saying its huge, but its perfect for the room its in. But more so, i'm a geek because...

my husband proposing
and

my group of friends! I hope i did this right...

I also made an entire harry potter quidditch outfit, to go with my friends to opening night of potter 3. If thats not geeky, i don't know what is!

that is so cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread