Vapcell INR18650 2000mAh (Black) review by HKJ: high discharge surprise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Vapcell INR18650 2000mAh (Black) @ lygte-info.dk

DSC_2071.jpg

38A? :glug:

Vapcell%20INR18650%202000mAh%20(Black)-Capacity.png

Vapcell%20INR18650%202000mAh%20(Black)-Temp-30.0.png

Cells only went up to ≈+34°C above ambient so, despite the low capacity, those 38A continuous may as well be true!
Know what? The shape of the discharge curves looks like those of the Samsung 30T, the shape of the cell smells Samsung. Im my opinion, this is a 18650 version of the 30T, and its discharge performance is so close just because of the better surface to weight ratio smaller cells usually sport (despite the additional voltage sag).
Mooch will enjoy. Did Samsung put on the market this cell on their own wrap?

Cheers :)

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I think those temp reading are a lot lower than they should be but he's a good tester. No 38A continuous 18650's exist yet but we'll see. I won't be testing that cell AFAIK though.

They aren't using the 30T chemistry in an 18650 as no new Samsung 18650 was released. Not sure whose cell that is but Vapcell rewraps and there aren't any 18650's over 30A to rewrap.

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2016
    Alhama de Murcia, Spain
    I said what I said just because I recalled the 30T discharge curve shaped in my mind. Look:

Samsung%20INR21700-30T%203000mAh%20(Gray)-Capacity.png

Vapcell%20INR18650%202000mAh%20(Black)-Capacity.png

I'd say these cells' chemistry is likely to be the same or very close.
    Doing some quick math for internal resistance, at its 0.75Ah point I can infer RVc2000 = dV / dI = (3.85V - 3.4V) / (30A - 0.2A) = 0.45V / 29.8A = ≈15.1mΩ :?:
    That's a really low internal resistance figure for a 18650, a class record in fact.
    Right now there are some good chinese manufacturers doing a good job on their own and that indeed is a good thing.
    As I am a picky guy I'd rate this cell at 1900mAh (1C rate down to 2.8V doesn't breaks 2Ah). It indeed is a high discharge champion but it can only mean something to us if it is readily available to be bought and if the price :confused: is right, this at least matters when you think from the viewpoing of battery pack assemblage. The LG HB6 is cheap as chips…

Reactions: Colman

Colman

Oct 20, 2017
    London
    I think those temp reading are a lot lower than they should be but he's a good tester. No 38A continuous 18650's exist yet but we'll see. I won't be testing that cell AFAIK though.

They aren't using the 30T chemistry in an 18650 as no new Samsung 18650 was released. Not sure whose cell that is but Vapcell rewraps and there aren't any 18650's over 30A to rewrap.

Never say never... ;)

Colman

Oct 20, 2017
    London
    Well, the temperature reading I made earlier on the graph was wrong, it is ≈+43ºC (end upwards spike). I also wonder how high is the ambient temperature in HKJ's lab.

Mooch just reviewed this today on facebook.
    His conclusions ended up being pretty close to yours. ;)
    You can buy these on alibaba now, direct from vapcell. :)
    Thanks for the review/test. :)

• Informative
    Reactions: Barkuti

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Never say never... ;)

I never said never. :)

But, yea, I did end up testing this one. Got a lot of requests in lately and dug out the cell's they sent a few weeks ago.

Glad to see this cell but I am very nervous seeing it only available from Vapcell so far. Hoping a lot of other companies start rewrapping it soon. Otherwise that means limited availability and that always makes for trouble.

Colman

Oct 20, 2017
    London
    As a follow up to this, I spoke to Eva, the sales rep from Vapcell. You can buy these direct for about 4usd each but its 40usd shipping/postage. If anyone in UK reads this then Fogstar batteries will start selling them next week. Looking forwards to getting mine, be nice to have some new cell/battery tech. Maybe they are cells from the new generation of Electric Vehicle batteries, to me that would give a reason for the high spec.

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    As a follow up to this, I spoke to Eva, the sales rep from Vapcell. You can buy these direct for about 4usd each but its 40usd shipping/postage. If anyone in UK reads this then Fogstar batteries will start selling them next week. Looking forwards to getting mine, be nice to have some new cell/battery tech. Maybe they are cells from the new generation of Electric Vehicle batteries, to me that would give a reason for the high spec.

www.liionwholesale.com has them for sale if you're in the US.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread