Vape/Analog Friendly Airports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Thanks, but its a old list, LAX Los Angeles will not allow smoking on the outdoor terrace anymore,

Ain't *that* a .....?? I went through LAX a short time ago, and headed for the smoking area. The door was locked. It's just an unused area now. No logical reason for it. I heard a few lame excuses for the gate attendants, but nothing believable.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Ain't *that* a .....?? I went through LAX a short time ago, and headed for the smoking area. The door was locked. It's just an unused area now. No logical reason for it. I heard a few lame excuses for the gate attendants, but nothing believable.

You know what, I was in Copenhagen about a year and a half ago, in the SAS Club they had a nice glassed off area for smoking with good ventilation.
I just visited a few times last week and guess what? No more smoking, the room is still there but is designated a "quite space", cannot understand the smoking Nazi mentality!

I was SO ...... when I got into CPH and found it was non smoking! I was in uniform flying as a passenger back home to Chicago ORD and they wouldnt even let me smoke in the employee areas! Explains all the Snus being sold I suppose!

You can also add to the smoke friendly airport list just about any airports in the Middle East!

KWI-Kuwait International Posted smoking areas, however people walking all over the airport with lit analogs

AMM-Amman, Jordan Queen Alia International Airport Spotted smoking areas, but once again the same thing

DXB-Dubai International, I was there last month and vaguely remember smoking after passing security.

Also to add.

MIA-Miami International, Smoking Courtyard after security American Airlines Terminal (Next to an AMAZING MOJITO BAR!)

FRU-Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan- The customs guy was smoking as he stamped my passport!

I'll keep my eyes open to add to this list!

Safe travels

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I was SO ...... when I got into CPH and found it was non smoking! I was in uniform flying as a passenger back home to Chicago ORD and they wouldnt even let me smoke in the employee areas! Explains all the Snus being sold I suppose!

You can also add to the smoke friendly airport list just about any airports in the Middle East!

KWI-Kuwait International Posted smoking areas, however people walking all over the airport with lit analogs

AMM-Amman, Jordan Queen Alia International Airport Spotted smoking areas, but once again the same thing

DXB-Dubai International, I was there last month and vaguely remember smoking after passing security.

Also to add.

MIA-Miami International, Smoking Courtyard after security American Airlines Terminal (Next to an AMAZING MOJITO BAR!)

FRU-Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan- The customs guy was smoking as he stamped my passport!

I'll keep my eyes open to add to this list!

Safe travels

Ryan Air, Thanks, yes it sucks when they have a perfectly good smoking room and now just to rub our noses in they say NO.
List updated.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
PTJD Thank you for posting this great thread!

No problem. It's actually a post that will help me a lot.

On a side note I am going to Honolulu this Wednesday, last time I was there about 8 years ago we could smoke on the concourse because the concourses are outdoors airside. I have my money on no Analogs now. I'm sure someone from Hawaii can give us some input, if not will let you know in a few days.

tvujec

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
No problem. It's actually a post that will help me a lot.

On a side note I am going to Honolulu this Wednesday, last time I was there about 8 years ago we could smoke on the concourse because the concourses are outdoors airside. I have my money on no Analogs now. I'm sure someone from Hawaii can give us some input, if not will let you know in a few days.

I was there last February and can confirm, no analogs allowed. Same with Kona airport, which is completely outside.

Just had to add my 2 cents. I recently flew from Tampa to Charlotte final destination was Newark. There is no smoking at all in Charlotte except outside so I went into the bathroom and had my ecig. We boarded the plane and were stuck for 3 plus hours on the run way. Well I couldn't take it any more I took out my joye and puffed a couple of times just to take the edge off. Noone said a word, except the girl next to me to say "wow that is so cool" When I finally arrived at Newark 4 hours later I went outside and a woman who was also on the plane said if she was aware I had my ecig she would have begged me for a try.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I was there last February and can confirm, no analogs allowed. Same with Kona airport, which is completely outside.

Just got back home, yep all that 2 car wide outdoor concourse is Non Vaping/Analog now. However since they don't let you know I saw many people light up when we arrived and while walking towards arrival/baggage area.

Also went to Kona and you sir are correct, the airport is basically a mini Hawaiian village with shops, bars etc... surrounding a(large) open courtyard where you wait to board ( no jetways you walk outside to the planes), so I asked where we can smoke? Outside security, walk across 4 lane road and your fine!!

Indyvapor

Jul 1, 2009
Just got back from LA and vaped all the way there and back. I had no problem in Indy or LAX with either taking my ecig through security or in checked bag. (Yes I stashed some in both just in case) I vaped in both airport terminal waiting areas and noone said a word. I flew Northwest and sitting in the rear of the plane had no problem vaping in restroom or seat. But I was VERY discreet and sitting by the window.

Great trip - Thanks to my e-cigs:D

mnealtx

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Camp Bondsteel, Kosovo
LHR (London Heathrow) and LGW (London Gatwick) - no smoking

LJU (Ljubljana) - smoking huts

BUD (Budapest) - no smoking

SKP (Skopje) - smoking area in lounge (check-in area), no smoking past security

PRN (Pristina) - smoking room in gate area

ATL (Atlanta Hartsfield) - smoking room in international concourse (north terminal, I think?)

brownbrown4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego
Guess I'll have to switch to Southwest. American has it posted on their website that e-cigarettes cannot be used on the aircraft because it interferes with their navigation system. What a bunch of bunk!
i work on Military radar/radio nav/com systems... there is now way possible it could interfere. or all batteries would be banned on planes!

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
LHR (London Heathrow) and LGW (London Gatwick) - no smoking

LJU (Ljubljana) - smoking huts

BUD (Budapest) - no smoking

SKP (Skopje) - smoking area in lounge (check-in area), no smoking past security

PRN (Pristina) - smoking room in gate area

ATL (Atlanta Hartsfield) - smoking room in international concourse (north terminal, I think?)

Thanks, List updated.

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
I have now experienced the 'cage' at East Midlands. It wasn't so bad at all - it's a covered area, lets the sun in and the air through, and is massive. Miles better than the grotty rooms at Nashville and Vancouver of yesteryear (I'm sure both are gone now!).

I bet loads of airports could open up similar outdoor areas after security. They'd make tons more cash from smoking travellers not waiting until the last minute to go through security - which would more than pay for any building alterations!

CoderGuy

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2009
Washington, USA
Guess I'll have to switch to Southwest. American has it posted on their website that e-cigarettes cannot be used on the aircraft because it interferes with their navigation system. What a bunch of bunk!

It's true! Every time you take a drag the plane loses 100 ft in alt. If you have a manual battery it rolls slightly when you push the button too!

CoderGuy

CoderGuy

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2009
Washington, USA
This is slightly OT but here in Seattle we cannot even smoke in the Ferry lines outside as the smoke can waft into someone else's vehicle, which is a valid point, I don't even allow smoking in my own car. The other day I vaped in line and immediately got 2 people yelling "No Smoking, a$$hole!". I didn't feel like educating several cars of people so I just stopped.

I guess Snus would be a good backup for a lot of situations like these.

CoderGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread