The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vape/Analog Friendly Airports

Discussion in 'Travel and E-Cig' started by PTJD, Apr 24, 2009.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PTJD

PTJD Vaping At FL370 Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    First page updated, Thanks Mcclure8.

2. ogmios

ogmios Full Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Philly, PA
    AUA (Aruba) has a bar you can smoke at, so long as you order something. Can't remember exactly where it is, but you can't miss it, it's a pretty small airport.

3. PTJD

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    I guess I have not updated this thread in a while, just got back from Barcelona. If you are flying out of terminal 1 (the big new terminal) they have a great outdoor courtyard welcoming smokers! I think Spacecadet mentioned this a year or so ago.

4. PTJD

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    First page updated.

5. Endor

Endor Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2012
    Southern California
    Did a lot of Europe travel last year... hopefully these are still acccurate.

(HAM) Hamburg has smoking huts in the terminal.

(MLA) Malta has several smoking rooms, at least one past passport control.

(DUB) Dublin has a bar upstairs with an outdoor patio to smoke. You're supposed to buy something (but nobody really had....)

(ATH) Athens is weird... they had smoking huts downstairs when I arrived (and heading outside where I can smoke/cape anyway) but nothing upstairs on the departure level (where I'd like to smoke/cape while waiting for my flight). Whatever...

Hope this helps.

6. PTJD

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    Thanks Endor, first page updated.

7. PTJD

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    OK, just back from Madrid, heard rumors that they put smoking kiosks back in, I flew out of Terminal 1 and no smoking anywhere.

8. Keita

Keita Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2010
    California
    SFO San Francisco, CA (Smoking allowed outside of terminals on either end (far side of side walk)
    OAK Oakland, CA (Same as above)
    HNL Oahu, HI (downstairs, outside of terminal)

9. PTJD

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    Ok just got back from Lisbon (LIS) they did have one smoking kiosk in the middle of the Schengen terminal.

10. bcambas

bcambas Full Member Verified Member

Jul 29, 2012
    New Orleans
    I can confirm that Ronal Reagan National Airport is e cig friendly. I asked one of the Airport Police Officers, and he gave me the go-ahead, so I am sitting the terminal at KDCA vaping right now! Very good news!

11. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Very helpful. I will be visiting Athens next summer.

12. kariM

kariM Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2012
    Lethbridge, AB, CA
    I am surprized that I didn't see LAS (Las Vegas) on the list. They re-opened the glass bubble on D concourse and have a room in the new Terminal 3. I also heard that they were planning to open a bubble for the A, B, and C concourse - but no idea when or if they have. No idea on vaping - since I haven't been there yet since I have switch to vaping.

13. PTJD

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    Yes LAS has evidently reopened some smoking rooms. On the flip side Denver DIA will be losing 2of 3 smoking rooms that are also bars. I heard concourse A and B will be closed next year, the other one has a lease for a few more years.

14. framed

framed Full Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Rota, Spain
    PHL (Philadelphia) and XRY (Jerez) are also a couple. Got stopped in security at PHL, but they just asked me a few questions about it and let me proceed. Vaped at the bar and at the gate with no problems!

15. Endor

Endor Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2012
    Southern California
    Has anybody openly vaped at DFW?

Recently, I was eating lunch at Terminal D during a layover, and saw an older gentleman openly vaping away. He was sitting in the chairs nearest the restaurants (not the waiting area at the gate per se), but if you've ever been in the restaurant areas in Terminal D, you know it's very brightly lit. Nobody said anything to him one way or another.

I was tempted to ask one of those helper people who wear the funky hats if it was acceptable, but didn't have a lot of time anyway, so just boarded my next flight and left. Maybe next time I'll ask about it.

16. MeanDrunkR2D2

MeanDrunkR2D2 Full Member Verified Member

Jan 31, 2013
    DFW
    Endor, I fly out of DFW frequently and have openly vaped there and at other airports whenever I fly anywhere. I've never asked, nor has anyone told me not to do so. I'm not puffing out clouds of vapor, but am a bit more on the "stealth" side when it comes to that because I hate confrontation if I can avoid it.

17. Tech_Dan

Tech_Dan Full Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Texas
    Minneapolis Terminal 2 is smoke free but does allow you to vape at the gate! Just went through there this past memorial day weekend.

18. PTJD

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    Okla City (OKC) just noticed that the Analog Smoking room has been closed as of Sept 1st. Have to go outside to smoke.

19. ElectroGalvanized

ElectroGalvanized Full Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Winthrop, MA
    Anyone know the procedures in Boston Logan Airport? I have never flown before but would like to know, I love fairly close to it.

20. lctrc

lctrc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2010
    VA
    Couldn't find any info on JFK in the thread...

According to a USA Today article* Delta allows vaping in its domestic terminal (Terminal 2). But the article doesn't mention Delta's international terminal (terminal 4). Nor does it cite any sources.

Anyone know whether vaping is allowed in Terminal 4? Or know where to find the 'official' information (I tried searching Delta's website to no avail).

Thanks!

* Some airports give green light to e-cigarettes