Status
Not open for further replies.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Here you go, originally posted this about a year ago. Went for a upper and lower GI, stuck in the bed for close to 4 hours. Stealth vaping is your friend!

ptjd-albums-misc-e-cig-picture15532-emh2.jpg

DEnd

Jan 17, 2011
USA
How is the nicotine delivered by vaping any different than that delivered by a patch aside from the fact that the user controls the amount and frequency by which the drug is delivered with a PV, to best suit their needs? If one is a "tobacco product" because it contains nicotine, then so is the other (using common sense if not by law). I would say if the doc says no vaping but would be ok with ordering nicotine patches, then obviously nicotine isn't the problem and I'd be stealth vaping.

Sorry it took so long to get back to ya, school has been kicking my rear end. The problem with Vaping is that it uses resistance heat, while this may not be too much of a concern in regular medical beds, in the OR, PACU (recovery), or prep areas it is a major problem. Some anesthesias used have extremely low flash points so that combined with resistance heat means a pretty big fire risk.

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Just west of Cool, Texas
I think this might be a controversial issue actually.

I can see where it may be, but only because of perception. I wouldn't vape while on oxygen or right before as they are putting you to sleep, that seems logical, but when recovering in a private or semi-private room, no one else to bother with seeing what looks like smoke, no hazardous substances, no tubes, etc. I don't see it as a big deal. Like I said earlier, I vaped but very limited. Not because of any rules or it wasn't allowed, but just for the fact that I felt like crap and wasn't having a nic fit.

I was in a room for three days and as time went on my vaping increased. I didn't vape in front of the nurses but one did walk in once. She was otherwise occupied and didn't notice since there was no smell to speak of. I laid my box mod on the tray table and although it got a couple looks, no one asked anything about it. All in all, no big deal. :)

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Just west of Cool, Texas
I think that it will be pretty hilarious if you're vaping on a hospital bed

Laugh all you wish, I did it. :p

Like I said, I wasn't brazen about it, and after having a kidney removed I wasn't really craving nicotine as much as I was morphine. I did vape, my wife cringed, and life went on. Three weeks out and I'd do it again... but I'd rather not anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread